Traded my GT for GT500 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Traded my GT for GT500

Just traded my 09 GT in on a 09 GT500 with some serious mods. Was dyno'd at 541.42 rwhp and 540.05 torque. How does that rate for this car? I loved my GT but I couldn't pass on this deal. It had the clutch upgrade already performed and I have a detailed list of all upgrades.

Eric
2009 GT500
ek5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
Sad Panda
Staff

Sounds bad ***. Where's the list of mods?
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ek5858 View Post
Just traded my 09 GT in on a 09 GT500 with some serious mods. Was dyno'd at 541.42 rwhp and 540.05 torque. How does that rate for this car? I loved my GT but I couldn't pass on this deal. It had the clutch upgrade already performed and I have a detailed list of all upgrades.
That's pretty good considering you're now a bit higher than the stock flywheel rating

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Get us up some pics of that bad baby!!! Congrats!
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I really need to learn what some of the mods are here is the list I got handed to me:

1.Steeda, sport springs,tri-ax shifter,blower pulley and cold air induction and adjustable panhard bar and sub frame connectors.
2. It says SCT programmer??? need to learn this
3. Shelby, caliper covers,aluminum driver shaft, anti wheel hop bar,panhard relocation bracket, CS40 20 inch staggerd wheels, 8.8 diff cover, and caster-camber plates.
4. Corsa stainless steel exhaust
5. Metco Idler pulley
6. Adjustable belt tensioner

I am gonna learn what all this is and any help would be awesome. Always been a Harley guy and got into mustangs about a year ago when I bought a 2009 GT.

Eric
2009 GT500
Old 04-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Get us up some pics of that bad baby!!! Congrats!
+1
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I did put 3 pics in my album, It is the white one in my signature. Not sure how to post pics on a thread

Eric
2009 GT500
Old 04-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I really need to learn what some of the mods are here is the list I got handed to me:

1.Steeda, sport springs,tri-ax shifter,blower pulley and cold air induction and adjustable panhard bar and sub frame connectors.
3. Shelby, caliper covers,aluminum driver shaft, anti wheel hop bar,panhard relocation bracket, CS40 20 inch staggerd wheels, 8.8 diff cover, and caster-camber plates.
5. Metco Idler pulley

I am gonna learn what all this is and any help would be awesome. Always been a Harley guy and got into mustangs about a year ago when I bought a 2009 GT.
U should have a tuner with the car according to your list. You have a smaller supercharger pulley, not sure of size. Maybe a 2.5. The Metco is the tensioner for your supercharger belt. A bunch of suspension (lowering) mods. Upgraded one piece driveshaft that is lighter and stronger. The diff cover u can see if u look between the exhaust in the rear.

The CS40's you have to take off and sell to me. That's my dream wheel. They are just at a dreamy price. Seriously tho, if you ever wanna sell them, holler at me.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
I did put 3 pics in my album, It is the white one in my signature. Not sure how to post pics on a thread
Looks good do you love how it pulls(power) when driving
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I aiways thought my stock GT was plenty fast. My wife says it feels like a airplane taking off.

Eric
2009 GT500
Old 04-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

That's exactly what I compare it to.

Are your cs40's black?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I was trying to find one with the red stripe package and I believe this is one. The interior is inlayed with red and has red on the door panels. The original sticker shows the stripes as deleted

Eric
2009 GT500
Old 04-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Need to get it dyno'd to see where you are. It will get loose in a hurry. If you wanna see what it really has, turn the TC off.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #14
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

The springs are just that, lowering springs from Steeda, and the tri-ax is the Steeda shifter. It's got a smaller pulley, pan hard bar is made for chassis rigidity as well as recentering the axle when lowering the car, and the sub frame connectors are also for Chassis rigidity. I haven't heard of anyone really ever using them on the S197 body though

That's a programmer used to recalibrate your PCM after certain mods

Aluminum DS is stronger and much lighter than the stock piece, it removes rotating mass and free up quite a bit of power. Anti wheel hop bar could be a couple thing but definitely has to do with rear suspension. Panhard relocation bracket... Maybe the previous owner was running slicks? Diff cover is cosmetic unless it has cooling fins also. And the camber caster plates are for adjusting camber and caster. Does it have after market dampers?

Corsa is pretty good stuff. Is it an axle back, catback, or full corsa exhaust?

5. Metco Idler pulley

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's exactly what I compare it to.

Are your cs40's black?
The owner had them powder coated a very dark almost like a gun metal gray.

Eric
2009 GT500
Old 04-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I was trying to find one with the red stripe package and I believe this is one. The interior is inlayed with red and has red on the door panels. The original sticker shows the stripes as deleted
It's a special order. You can order the "stripe delete" package.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

The owner had them powder coated a very dark almost like a gun metal gray.[/QUOTE]

Oh my god! Why?!? Lol. Have u looked to see the price of them? You can get them silver, back, or chrome.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Full Corsa, had roush extreme on my GT that was really loud this is more mellow at idle and cruising speed

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote:
It's a special order. You can order the "stripe delete" package.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

The owner had them powder coated a very dark almost like a gun metal gray.
Oh my god! Why?!? Lol. Have u looked to see the price of them? You can get them silver, back, or chrome.[/QUOTE]

i really shopped for this car and the owner traded it in on a grand sport vette and the Chevy dealer was having a hard time selling it. He had a detailed list of every mod and the shop that did it all. All the reciepts, and all original paper work. I felt really lucky to het it.

Eric
2009 GT500
Old 04-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

I did the same thing. I had a cobra I traded for mine. I searched for 3 months until I found it. Then I drove 8 hours to get it and then drove 8 hours home. I'm happy for you. That's awesome man.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, he had the dyno printout with it. 541 rwhp and 540 max torque.

Eric
2009 GT500
Old 04-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Must be a really conservative tune. I wonder what size pulley he put on? Check out what Justin from VMP said about close to the same setup u have. Of course his tune is aggressive. What brand of cai?

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Did u get the tuner that is married to your car?
Old 04-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

cai is steeda

Eric
2009 GT500
Old 04-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

I got JLT 123mm, 2.5 VMP pulley, SCT BAMA 93 race tune. Ford racing shifter. Plus other stuff.

Just remember, all the dyno numbers will vary depending on dyno too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang