2013 GT500 Tire/ Traction Questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #1

Region: Canada
2013 GT500 Tire/ Traction Questions

Good afternoon....

I am new here, so please take it easy on me. LOL! This is my 4th Mustang in the past 20 years, but first Shelby.

I have a few questions about the OEM tires on my 2013 Shelby. They are
Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Car G: 2's..... Maybe I am not looking in the right place, but are they Run On Flats? I am getting conflicting information by searching the net.
2nd, I took my car in today to a local Ford dealer and they said they rotated my directional tires that are different sizes front and back. Are they on glue? How would this be possible? They also said I am down to 5/32 on the front on 6/32 on the back. I have been driving this car more or less like my grandmother and only have 4500KM on them (2800 Mi)..... Does that seem like normal wear? I was most surprised to see the fronts were less than the rears.....

Almost finally, and I am still practicing with the launch control, but is it me or is it super hard to maintain any sort of traction in 1st and 2nd gear? The car is stock other than the glass roof. (No Track Pack, modifications (yet) etc.) Any easy suggestions? (I am saving up as we speak to address the traction issues with future mods.... Please let me know if you have any tips in this department too.)

Finally, for real this time, is there somewhere I can go to see what mods I can do to my car WITHOUT voiding the warranty?

Thanks so much for your help!

Jcop
jcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
They can't rotate the tires...glue for sure. Traction sucks with the stock tires in the first few gears, change them out to help solve issue. As for mods, just about anything can void warranty; The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act basically states that they must show the part failed due to your mod. It's a PITA depending on dealer and can cost a lot in the long run. Best bet is to stick to suspension mods and work on getting those stock ponies to the ground and then decide if its fast enough for ya.
Depwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #3

Region: Canada
Thank you very much for your response!
jcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcop View Post
Good afternoon....

I am new here, so please take it easy on me. LOL! This is my 4th Mustang in the past 20 years, but first Shelby.

I have a few questions about the OEM tires on my 2013 Shelby. They are
Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Car G: 2's..... Maybe I am not looking in the right place, but are they Run On Flats? I am getting conflicting information by searching the net.
2nd, I took my car in today to a local Ford dealer and they said they rotated my directional tires that are different sizes front and back. Are they on glue? How would this be possible? They also said I am down to 5/32 on the front on 6/32 on the back. I have been driving this car more or less like my grandmother and only have 4500KM on them (2800 Mi)..... Does that seem like normal wear? I was most surprised to see the fronts were less than the rears.....

Almost finally, and I am still practicing with the launch control, but is it me or is it super hard to maintain any sort of traction in 1st and 2nd gear? The car is stock other than the glass roof. (No Track Pack, modifications (yet) etc.) Any easy suggestions? (I am saving up as we speak to address the traction issues with future mods.... Please let me know if you have any tips in this department too.)

Finally, for real this time, is there somewhere I can go to see what mods I can do to my car WITHOUT voiding the warranty?

Thanks so much for your help!

Jcop
The tires are not run flat nor are they rotatable here is the link yo Goodyear on these tires. As for traction if it is below 50F the traction sucks on these tires when it get over that hang on cause they do grab very well.

Eagle F1 SuperCar G:2 Tires | Goodyear Tires

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I am looking to buy new tires myself and I have been doing some research. I believe the new Goodyear can be rotated.. But only from one side to the other. It is designed to roll in either direction making it rotatable. Clearly not from rear to front. Also if the fronts are worn a bit it could be your camber is off or perhaps to aggressive? While driving like a granny if you are aggressive in the turns it will assist in wearing them down.
SLDGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang