Factory Tape Stripes - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Awesome. It could have been as simple as somebody mixed it wrong.

I can't wait to see the hood. I would love to have a super snake hood or something forced.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
They do not want you to open the vent up cause too much air comes in and messes with the air intake. So it is just for looks but Damn what a look!!
Cincy Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

Yeah, lol. U probably still have warranty. I have aftermarket tune, pulley, and cai. Among other things. I want a true forced air. I can always get a new tune.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

What they told me was too much air was causing the car to mess up at speeds over 65mph. And we NEVER go over the speed limit.
The mods I want to do are throttle body,crank pulley and CAI.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:46 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

I am not a hood pin fan even if they are functional. I can just see the little cable that is used to hold them when pulled rubbing on the paint while I am driving with them installed. Not saying they will.

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #41
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy Shelby View Post
What they told me was too much air was causing the car to mess up at speeds over 65mph. And we NEVER go over the speed limit.
The mods I want to do are throttle body,crank pulley and CAI.
Even with a tune?

If I had the $, today id order the FRPP big oval tb.

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlarv5 View Post
I am not a hood pin fan even if they are functional. I can just see the little cable that is used to hold them when pulled rubbing on the paint while I am driving with them installed. Not saying they will.
I'd straight up puke! Lol
Old 09-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

On the hood pins the cables now are clear coated so they don't rub. So they say.
The throttle body would be a Ford 65 single throat. I have read goods things about them. Shelby said I could redesign the underside of the hood to flow the air away from the air box and it SHOULD work. So I chose not to open the vent up.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:34 AM   #43
Registered Member

Regular

I'm gonna have to look it up, the tb I mean. As far as forced air, I would probably wait until my warranty was up then just tune it to be ready for the extra air. I'm not sure the stock MAF can handle that much. I'd like to have it to worry about tho lol.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

They say it is the turboulance that causes the problem. So I am not sure how to fix that except by blocking part of it off.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Let me I ow if you find anything on throttle body that I should know. I think that Lund Racing used that one on I e of there mild mods

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang