Best GT500 mid-pipe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
So I searched the forum trying to find a related thread. I know this is hashed out on here for most other models. I could not find anything for my car. For the 07-09 Shelby, which mid pipe adds the most hp and tq? It's that simple for me. I know they both create different exhaust notes and one might make more hp and tq than the other. Which one is best.

When I say best, I mean best for the money.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

I know this is on a GT but check this out.

http://youtu.be/bU6nZnAgNsI
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
X-pipe will outperform an H. Why do I have an H-pipe > for the sound
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
^yup. X is a little more raspy/louder sounding but performs a little better with the flow. H is a deeper and clearer tone and still flows pretty good. Either way aftermarket mids free up the stock restrictive ones and improves a little hp and air flow, especially if you go catless(off road).

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

As for brands you want to match brand for brand if you're installing headers for better fitment. Otherwise it doesn't really matter...just paying for a name.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Are the few gained hp from the X-pipe worth losing a little tone? I have SLP loudmouths axle backs.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Some prefer the raspier and louder sound rather than the classic muscle sound anyway
Old 05-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
pointless unless you change or remove the cats....
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Since you live in Tennessee you can go Catless and will pick up some hp
Old 05-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Yes, of course I'm speaking of O/R X or O/R H.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

In that case I think that the difference in hp is so minimal might as well get the sound you want
Old 05-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

H definitely sounds much better. IMO. So no brand makes a difference when it comes to adding power? Then y are some so expensive?
Old 05-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
H definitely sounds much better. IMO. So no brand makes a difference when it comes to adding power? Then y are some so expensive?
Some are better quality. Just make sure its a good stainless steel and the rest you're just paying for a name tag
Old 05-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post

Some are better quality. Just make sure its a good stainless steel and the rest you're just paying for a name tag
agree and there are even different qualities in stainless steel, t409 and t304. The t304 is the stronger and more rust resistant of the two but get at least one of the stainless as aluminized steel has a tendency to rust over time...just be patient and shop around and look for deals...you will also find that brands like corsa, borla, kooks and others that have cheaper counter brands that many times the same product with different names...frpp uses borla for all of their exhaust...others do the same
Old 05-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Awesome guys. Appreciate the info. One last question. Borla makes FRPP? Do we know what other name brands make other off brands? It'd be great to have a list of them. That would help me in my selection.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:06 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I put in pypes high flow cats, and had my local exhaust shop concert the stoc X pipe into an H pipe by fabricating an H piece and welding it on. There it goes to pype bomb axle backs....holy mother of god it sounds so good lol. It's muscle car nasty
Bluesnake is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang