Shelby Traction Control - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Shelby Traction Control

Ok so my 07, I am riding and turn the traction control OFF and it has the light that comes up and says "off". I know on the newer models (not sure about Shelby) there are 5 different settings for the TC. In my car tonight with it turned off, I was in 1st and hit the gas pretty good and it spun (not into burning the tires off, can't afford to much) After just a couple of seconds there was a "beep" that I am assuming was traction control. What is the deal? Before somebody says, read the manual, I don't have one yet lol. It wasnt in my car when I bought it.

Is there something I'm missing? I tried to hold the button in and nothing changes. It seems its only off and on. Please help and thank u ahead of time.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-363085247.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	373.5 KB
ID:	110592
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
it's only off and on...I have never heard a beap so i can't help you with that one...even with tcs on I have not heard a beap are your sure the alert wasn't for something else?
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

I didn't get to look at the gauge but seat belts were on and fastened. What else could it be? I'd hate to just spin the tires to find out.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:02 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
It's probably the set shift point and you are hearing the tone telling you to shift. You can go into the settings and select a desired shift point. At the set RPM you can have an audible beep come on letting you know you hit the rpm you want to shift.
Bluesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That's a possibility but worst case go to an empty parking lot with lots of room turn of tcs and romp on it see what happens...lol nothing wrong with spinning the tires gives it character lol
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

May have been. I was nowhere near redlining it tho. Well. As soon as its time to buy tires, we will find out the answer.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang