Shelby 2014 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #1

Region: Canada
Shelby 2014

Hi guys,

First I'm new here and I am to familiarize my self actually with the web site. My question is: I'm wondering if is better to buy NOW a 2014 shelby or wait for the next model special anniversary. I'm scare to didn't like the new model and maybe is a best value to buy a 2014 or a special anniversary. Any advice. Sorry for the language my first language is French. Thanks
Echelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
Hi guys,

First I'm new here and I am to familiarize my self actually with the web site. My question is: I'm wondering if is better to buy NOW a 2014 shelby or wait for the next model special anniversary. I'm scare to didn't like the new model and maybe is a best value to buy a 2014 or a special anniversary. Any advice. Sorry for the language my first language is French. Thanks
I like the way the current Shelby's look. I would wait to see what the new gen looks like then make the decision. When the new one comes put they will still have 2014 Shelby's on the lots I think, so you should be fine. But basically I would wait till you can to see what they look like because you don't want to spend that much money and the in a year or two kick yourself for not waiting. That's my 2 cents
SoberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #3

Yes your right that make sense. I just spoke with the dealer and they could not have a 2014 black convertible before August. Considering than I leave in Halifax Canada and I could not use my actual mustang more than 3 month a year if I buy the 2014 Shelby I will not be able to drive it this year, so I will be crazy to just see it in the garage. Is another good reason to wait. In the worst case I will buy a used one if no new 2014 still available. Thanks for your opinion mate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes your right that make sense. I just spoke with the dealer and they could not have a 2014 black convertible before August. Considering than I leave in Halifax Canada and I could not use my actual mustang more than 3 month a year if I buy the 2014 Shelby I will not be able to drive it this year, so I will be crazy to just see it in the garage. Is another good reason to wait. In the worst case I will buy a used one if no new 2014 still available. Thanks for your opinion mate
You can always buy it and I can drive for you here on Arizona during the winter lol Jk no problem I hope it all works out for you
Old 08-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberGT View Post

You can always buy it and I can drive for you here on Arizona during the winter lol Jk no problem I hope it all works out for you
Lol cool bud yes thanks. I have a GT 2005 convertible and I love it. But I want more power....
Old 08-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol cool bud yes thanks. I have a GT 2005 convertible and I love it. But I want more power....
Completely understand I love my 2011 mustang GT actually looking into putting twin turbos on it within the next 6 months so in exited
Old 08-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
If it were me, I'd probably buy the current one because I love how it looks and who knows if we will ever see that kind of power out of a Shelby again. If you are nervous about having buyers remorse when the new one comes out, then I'd probably wait since a Shelby is a good chunk of change. It's always cool to have the newest Mustang, but you have to think that when the complete re-design happened in 2005, it took until 2007 to see the first Shelby. When the new one gets announced next April it will probably take until at least late summer to see even the '15 GT's hit dealer lots so you may be in the exact same predicament you are now with the weather and it could even be years later until another Shelby comes out like before.

If you like the new Shelby, then I say go for it. It's already August now so you don't have too long to wait!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
If it were me, I'd probably buy the current one because I love how it looks and who knows if we will ever see that kind of power out of a Shelby again. If you are nervous about having buyers remorse when the new one comes out, then I'd probably wait since a Shelby is a good chunk of change. It's always cool to have the newest Mustang, but you have to think that when the complete re-design happened in 2005, it took until 2007 to see the first Shelby. When the new one gets announced next April it will probably take until at least late summer to see even the '15 GT's hit dealer lots so you may be in the exact same predicament you are now with the weather and it could even be years later until another Shelby comes out like before.

If you like the new Shelby, then I say go for it. It's already August now so you don't have too long to wait!
Thanks mate. Yes is not an easy decision. I will see what I'm gonna do. For sure I like the 2014 one.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:48 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Allocations for the 2014 MY Shelby are drying up fast, you may not even be able to find one this late in the build.
If you want a 14, NOW is the time to move on it.

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi View Post
Allocations for the 2014 MY Shelby are drying up fast, you may not even be able to find one this late in the build.
If you want a 14, NOW is the time to move on it.
+1
I went in Jan 3rd 2013 to order a 2013 Shelby and they had stopped taken orders for the 2013's. If you want a 2104 order it now they are building one per order no more no less. There will only be two years of this style Shelbys with the 662HP no one knows what the new body style or HP will be.

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlarv5 View Post

+1
I went in Jan 3rd 2013 to order a 2013 Shelby and they had stopped taken orders for the 2013's. If you want a 2104 order it now they are building one per order no more no less. There will only be two years of this style Shelbys with the 662HP no one knows what the new body style or HP will be.
So in other words, the 13-14 models are looking to be an exact duplicate of what ford did 10 years ago with the 03-04 cobra...

Seems we are looking at the new termis...

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john View Post
So in other words, the 13-14 models are looking to be an exact duplicate of what ford did 10 years ago with the 03-04 cobra...

Seems like it.

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Old 08-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john View Post

Haha, yup!

I saw this morning that Ford & Shelby are putting the last '14 GT500 Convertible up for auction for charity, so the window may be almost closed on buying one of those to be honest!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha, yup!

I saw this morning that Ford & Shelby are putting the last '14 GT500 Convertible up for auction for charity, so the window may be almost closed on buying one of those to be honest!
Looks like they are going to let the highest bidder pick the color and opitions so that means it is not made yet.

Ford, Barrett-Jackson to auction off last retail 2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible for charity | Mustangs Daily

Old 08-07-2013, 03:53 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Haha, yup!

As Ford is still building 2014 MY Shelby's, ( my build date is 12 Aug. ), the vert the winner will get will be built @ the end of the production run. There are rumors that MY 2014 will be a short run because of the body redesign of the 2015. No body knows when they will stop accepting orders, but allocations are already hard to find.

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang