12-13 gt500 bolt on power level? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2610388152.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	123921
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
Hey man I really don't care too much about your specific car just don't tell people they can add almost 200rwhp with your mods because it just doesn't happen...like I said above SAE correction is what most go by to get the most accurate numbers and that is where most gt500s with "minor" bolt ons end up at 550-580 rwhp....also on another note the lower pulley is not a "simple" bolt on as grinding is required but that is beside the point....I am glad your proud of your car but I'm being realistic with the op...oh and one final thing...enjoy heat soak if that's all the mods you have it will be crazy with the amount of boost your pushing from that little eaton
godsdisciple85 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Shelby09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85 View Post
Hey man I really don't care too much about your specific car just don't tell people they can add almost 200rwhp with your mods because it just doesn't happen...like I said above SAE correction is what most go by to get the most accurate numbers and that is where most gt500s with "minor" bolt ons end up at 550-580 rwhp....also on another note the lower pulley is not a "simple" bolt on as grinding is required but that is beside the point....I am glad your proud of your car but I'm being realistic with the op...oh and one final thing...enjoy heat soak if that's all the mods you have it will be crazy with the amount of boost your pushing from that little eaton
20lbs bitc.h
Shelby09 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
somebody close this tread this guy has no respect
godsdisciple85 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
He's saying 20 lbs ain't **** when heat soaked there hardass
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Shelby09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85 View Post
somebody close this tread this guy has no respect
Ur the one with no respect.. I have a car that made those numbers and ur salty about it cuz uve never seen that.. A factory freak or whatever.. Now ur back peddling ur own statement saying most people do this and that and u didn't say what u did about sae and standard.. Just because ur car don't make what mine does dont disrespect me.. I just defended me and my car.
Shelby09 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
Lets just say this guy has the biggest numbers here so he can get off on himself.
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Luna1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Region: Utah
Posts: 805
Soooo was it sae or std?
Luna1994 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Shelby09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
Lets just say this guy has the biggest numbers here so he can get off on himself.
And u just come in to stir more up..
Shelby09 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby09 View Post

And u just come in to stir more up..
**** was already stirred with your disrespectful comments
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby09 View Post

Ur the one with no respect.. I have a car that made those numbers and ur salty about it cuz uve never seen that.. A factory freak or whatever.. Now ur back peddling ur own statement saying most people do this and that and u didn't say what u did about sae and standard.. Just because ur car don't make what mine does dont disrespect me.. I just defended me and my car.
Listen I am not back peddling there is no way a car makes over 600 rwhp on a upper lower cai tune car "SAE" now with that said dynos can be manipulated and made to say whatever you want all I'm saying is don't tell people that's what they do when that's not what they do...the op asked for the difference between the 2013-2014 gt500s and the 07-12 gt500s. I gave very accurate numbers for full bolt on cars in their respective years....I have never disrespected you I simply stated that based on 6 years of people testing and pushing these cars to the limits what your claiming has never been done...again this is based on SAE which is the standard that your supposed to use even FORD uses this....with all that said I hope your car lasts at 20lbs of boost as the breaking point for these eaton blowers are anything over the 17-18 lbs area... I wish you all the best and I would never disrespect you by resorting to name calling...
godsdisciple85 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby09

More variables play into track time than dyno numbers. Air consumption, fuel consumption, and volumetric efficiency and driveline loss is the real way to tell anything.. U can get the boiler maker to help u with that I hear he has an engineering degree.
So what does a 600hp shelby run?
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Shelby09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

So what does a 600hp shelby run?
I don't race at the track.. Take that how u want it
Shelby09 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
Street racing? That's a no no.
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
So what upper and lower are you running that produces 20 psi with longtubes?
godsdisciple85 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Shelby09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 511
2.59 upper 10% lower
Shelby09 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
godsdisciple85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 594
Your crazy that's good for 16-18 max
godsdisciple85 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jvos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85 View Post

Listen I am not back peddling there is no way a car makes over 600 rwhp on a upper lower cai tune car "SAE" now with that said dynos can be manipulated and made to say whatever you want all I'm saying is don't tell people that's what they do when that's not what they do...the op asked for the difference between the 2013-2014 gt500s and the 07-12 gt500s. I gave very accurate numbers for full bolt on cars in their respective years....I have never disrespected you I simply stated that based on 6 years of people testing and pushing these cars to the limits what your claiming has never been done...again this is based on SAE which is the standard that your supposed to use even FORD uses this....with all that said I hope your car lasts at 20lbs of boost as the breaking point for these eaton blowers are anything over the 17-18 lbs area... I wish you all the best and I would never disrespect you by resorting to name calling...
Exactly. He originally claimed "My 09 went 603-633 with simple bolt ons". Now Ford (they employ a lot of Purdue engineers too btw) claimed nominal SAE power for the 09 at 500hp@6000 rpm and 480ft-lb@4500. Thats at the crankshaft. So assuming his claim is true, he's getting 20.6% more hp and 31.9% more torque AT THE WHEELS! Ford tests typically show their manual drivetrain loss at 12%. Meaning the true power increases would be a whopping 35% and 47.7%!!!! The torque number in particular not only is out of whack, it's not linear with the HP increase as a bolt on only power improvement should result.

I'm not calling anyone anything. I'm just saying if this tuner could duplicate this, he'd literally put Shelby America out of business.
Jvos is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvos View Post

Exactly. He originally claimed "My 09 went 603-633 with simple bolt ons". Now Ford (they employ a lot of Purdue engineers too btw) claimed nominal SAE power for the 09 at 500hp@6000 rpm and 480ft-lb@4500. Thats at the crankshaft. So assuming his claim is true, he's getting 20.6% more hp and 31.9% more torque AT THE WHEELS! Ford tests typically show their manual drivetrain loss at 12%. Meaning the true power increases would be a whopping 35% and 47.7%!!!! The torque number in particular not only is out of whack, it's not linear with the HP increase as a bolt on only power improvement should result.

I'm not calling anyone anything. I'm just saying if this tuner could duplicate this, he'd literally put Shelby America out of business.
You win sir lol
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Shelby09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvos View Post

Exactly. He originally claimed "My 09 went 603-633 with simple bolt ons". Now Ford (they employ a lot of Purdue engineers too btw) claimed nominal SAE power for the 09 at 500hp@6000 rpm and 480ft-lb@4500. Thats at the crankshaft. So assuming his claim is true, he's getting 20.6% more hp and 31.9% more torque AT THE WHEELS! Ford tests typically show their manual drivetrain loss at 12%. Meaning the true power increases would be a whopping 35% and 47.7%!!!! The torque number in particular not only is out of whack, it's not linear with the HP increase as a bolt on only power improvement should result.

I'm not calling anyone anything. I'm just saying if this tuner could duplicate this, he'd literally put Shelby America out of business.
Nice use of pointless stock numbers from ford.. Get those from car and driver? My car is not stock so how can u use stock numbers..

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

This is pointless.. U win... No one can make those numbers ever because u say so.. My dynos r pointless.. Bolt ons don't matter..
Shelby09 is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:42 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.