CAI on a 2013 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
CAI on a 2013

OK I was looking at a new CAI to replace my stock one. Not sure why but that doesn't matter for my question. Everyone I find needs a tune to make it work the way it is supposed to. I already have a factory CAI and there are no tunes available for my Shelby. So would I need a new tune to take advantage of the aftermarket CAI or not? Would it help my engine breath better or should I place my mod money in something else? Thanks Mike

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Do a search on Google for the Jay Leno Boss 302 vid. Around the 5 minute mark (just after), the Ford engineer talks about aftermarket CAI's. You'll be pleasently suprised in how good your stock air system is. Realizing you have a Shelby, and the video is about the Boss, the statement remains the same.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlarv5 View Post
OK I was looking at a new CAI to replace my stock one. Not sure why but that doesn't matter for my question. Everyone I find needs a tune to make it work the way it is supposed to. I already have a factory CAI and there are no tunes available for my Shelby. So would I need a new tune to take advantage of the aftermarket CAI or not? Would it help my engine breath better or should I place my mod money in something else? Thanks Mike
Before going in your wallet, have a plan, buy mods to support / reach your goal.
Presuming the new CAI will be larger, ( stock is 105mm ), to get the max benefit, it should be re-tuned............
......Would I waste the $$$$$ on a tune for just a CAI.......NO !

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Waste of $$$ unless you plan on gettng bigger tb and more mods...dude its afreaking shelby
What are ur goals- louder s/c, more hp, etc etc
Notorious_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks I am not sure I just kept hearing about a bigger CAI for more power. When I went looking into it I just kept seeing Tune required. I looked to see what a Tune would do for me (not that I need it right now) and did not see anybody making one right now. That is what got me thinking would I need a Tune if I already had a CAI. As for my Mod money I am going to use it very wisely because I am restoring my 1968 Coupe and that is where my money will be flowing the next year or so. Thanks Again

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Old 08-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
If you do decide to get a tune please understand that it will void your factory warranty! If you do any mods on a Shelby or even a GT for that matter the way the motor and computer system are you will need to retune your car. Ford is doing this nowadays to check and see what people are doing to their cars when they're being brought in. I have a buddy who works at beach ford in Virginia and He told me specifically that if you retune any ford they do now have the right to waive your warranty.it gets aroundthe old "prove my mod was the culprit for xxx issue i brought it in for"
That's just what I was told...
Notorious_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
We can tune your GT 500 ... here is our unit - Steeda 2013-14 GT500 Mustang Cold Air Intake - Made in USA 555-3173

The dyno sheet is included in the link.

Here is a video we did as well ...

2013 Ford Mustang GT500 Dyno Run - Steeda Cold Air Intake & Tune - YouTube

Send me an email at tim@steeda.com if you would like to talk more about the CAI & Tune.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:12 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
We can tune your GT 500 ... here is our unit - Steeda 2013-14 GT500 Mustang Cold Air Intake - Made in USA 555-3173

The dyno sheet is included in the link.

Here is a video we did as well ...

2013 Ford Mustang GT500 Dyno Run - Steeda Cold Air Intake & Tune - YouTube

Send me an email at tim@steeda.com if you would like to talk more about the CAI & Tune.

Best Regards,

TJ
Thanks I will have to look into this some more.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Here is some feedback we received from the unit:

2013 Steeda Big Bore intake ? - SVTPerformance

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
You don't need a cai, the stock intake flows plenty. If you want a tad more power, get a pulley and tune from VMP Tuning...they rock!
Depwraith is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Tags
cai