08 GT500 Clutch - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
08 GT500 Clutch

I have good news and bad news. It looks like my clutch is finally going out. I'm tired of the awful shifts, the chattering, and the hissing. When I get up to 4000 RPM where the engine gets more torque my clutch slips and I rev rpm's. From what I understand this should be the original clutch. I have 25,000+ miles on this clutch. I would like to know what would be the best clutch for an 08 GT500. I plan on increasing the HP to 600-650, So I'd like to get a clutch that would hold its own with that type of HP. Any takes on an aftermarket clutch, brand, type, style?
SirWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWood View Post
I have good news and bad news. It looks like my clutch is finally going out. I'm tired of the awful shifts, the chattering, and the hissing. When I get up to 4000 RPM where the engine gets more torque my clutch slips and I rev rpm's. From what I understand this should be the original clutch. I have 25,000+ miles on this clutch. I would like to know what would be the best clutch for an 08 GT500. I plan on increasing the HP to 600-650, So I'd like to get a clutch that would hold its own with that type of HP. Any takes on an aftermarket clutch, brand, type, style?
SPEC Super Twin SS Trim or McLeod RST or RXT
Austjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austjn View Post
SPEC Super Twin SS Trim or McLeod RST or RXT
What brand is the factory clutch? I heard it's a Twin Disc Ford racing clutch is that true? If I go with the factory clutch will I get the exact replacement, or are they perfecting the clutches nowadays, my reasoning behind all this, is because it's under warranty.
SirWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWood View Post
What brand is the factory clutch? I heard it's a Twin Disc Ford racing clutch is that true? If I go with the factory clutch will I get the exact replacement, or are they perfecting the clutches nowadays, my reasoning behind all this, is because it's under warranty.
i'm not sure on the stock clutch on it but i would call or take it to the dealership to see about the warranty on it. if you have warranty definitely use it. bring up the horsepower reference and ask if an aftermarket clutch would be ideal. I don't know much about GT500's sorry! Lol.
Austjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Depending on ur hp and how u drive really. I have a McLeod RXT and it slips now in 3rd with 774 to the tire. I'd go with McLeod or a 14' Shelby clutch but if u do that u need that pressure plate and fly wheel
Shelby09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang