Clutch - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Clutch

Hey what's up guys and gals,

Recently got back from Korea and pulled my 08 500 out of storage that I has previously only driven for 2 days. Can anyone tell me about the replacement/recall on the clutches for our years? Thanks everyone!
GunMetalBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2013, 04:21 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
You don't say what your issue is, but you could check into this. ( SVTP site thread )
TSB
08-16-4 SHELBY GT500 - CLUTCH DRAG

Publication Date: July 28, 2008

FORD: 2007-2009 Mustang

ISSUE:
Some 2007-2009 Mustang Shelby GT500 vehicles may exhibit the following clutch/transmission symptoms: hard to disengage or engage 1st and reverse, hard to shift any gear, gear grinding during shifts any gear, vehicle creeps with trans in gear and clutch pedal fully depressed without brake pedal application, clutch slippage in gear with clutch pedal released, hiss noise with clutch pedal fully depressed (hiss on clutch pedal release is normal for GT500 clutch material). These symptoms may be due to flywheel distortion caused by excessive heat build-up during unique traffic conditions (example: severe stop/go urban driving). The distortion of the flywheel may prevent complete disengagement of the clutch. The system is designed for performance driving conditions.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

NOTE: THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO VEHICLES WITH PRIOR REPAIRS, AS WELL AS THOSE WITH MINOR MODIFICATIONS, EXHIBITING ABOVE SYMPTOMS.

NOTE: THE GT500 CLUTCH SHOULD BE DIAGNOSED/REMOVED/REPLACED AS A COMPLETE ASSEMBLY ONLY. DO NOT TAKE CLUTCH ASSEMBLY APART.

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you very much for the info. I have a horrible clutch chatter and also exhibiting some of those aforementioned issues. Thank you again!
GunMetalBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
PM me with your cell number. I have recent personal experience that I can share with regarding this.
SLDGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang