Venting Time! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-02-2013, 06:19 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Venting Time!

So I have less than 100 miles on my 2014 Shelby. I decided to drive it to work the other day which involves me getting on two different interstates. All in all it is a 16 mile trip one way. Not that hard of a drive.
When I got on the entrance ramp to the first interstate I drove normal and did not try to overtake traffic or speed. However out of the blue came a 2013 5.0 that appeared to have a gauge pod right over his radio. I can only assume that this was there to track his boost pressure. Maybe it was supercharged maybe not. I do not know for sure. However he had one hell of a loud exhaust.
So I'm driving normal and this guy keeps pulling up beside me and making his car buck forward and then slow down.
It was very annoying. However I'm in a brand-new 2014Shelby and I am not getting a ticket. I ignored him for about five minutes. Finally he got into the far left lane and gunned it. He almost took out another car that was about 100 yards in front of him. Luckily there was no accident.
Look guys, I enjoy fast cars and I cannot say that I do not speed. However I'm not into the street racing thing at 0500 in the morning. Can i drink my coffee and ***** about how i didnt win the lottery the night before please???Let's get on the track and let's see what these cars have. But at the end of the day if I'm driving to work in the morning I do not want to race. I'm sick and tired of people thinking that their cars are so badass and they have to prove themselves on a daily basis. I had so many people trying to Street race me and my 2012 Shelby and i would laugh.heck when i had my 2011 gr (406hp/391tq) ricers would try me. Now with the 2014, I cannot for the life of me understand why A 2013 5.0 would try it...no way, no how...
Im not a street racer- leave me and my car alone! Cruise by, rev your engine, wave, say nice car...dont get cocky and almost cause an accident!
Anyone else tired of this crap?
Notorious_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2013, 06:41 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious_rob View Post
So I have less than 100 miles on my 2014 Shelby. I decided to drive it to work the other day which involves me getting on two different interstates. All in all it is a 16 mile trip one way. Not that hard of a drive.
When I got on the entrance ramp to the first interstate I drove normal and did not try to overtake traffic or speed. However out of the blue came a 2013 5.0 that appeared to have a gauge pod right over his radio. I can only assume that this was there to track his boost pressure. Maybe it was supercharged maybe not. I do not know for sure. However he had one hell of a loud exhaust.
So I'm driving normal and this guy keeps pulling up beside me and making his car buck forward and then slow down.
It was very annoying. However I'm in a brand-new 2014Shelby and I am not getting a ticket. I ignored him for about five minutes. Finally he got into the far left lane and gunned it. He almost took out another car that was about 100 yards in front of him. Luckily there was no accident.
Look guys, I enjoy fast cars and I cannot say that I do not speed. However I'm not into the street racing thing at 0500 in the morning. Can i drink my coffee and ***** about how i didnt win the lottery the night before please???Let's get on the track and let's see what these cars have. But at the end of the day if I'm driving to work in the morning I do not want to race. I'm sick and tired of people thinking that their cars are so badass and they have to prove themselves on a daily basis. I had so many people trying to Street race me and my 2012 Shelby and i would laugh.heck when i had my 2011 gr (406hp/391tq) ricers would try me. Now with the 2014, I cannot for the life of me understand why A 2013 5.0 would try it...no way, no how...
Im not a street racer- leave me and my car alone! Cruise by, rev your engine, wave, say nice car...dont get cocky and almost cause an accident!
I will play around on the streets some but never in traffic and I usually never initiate it. But I will say this that it can still be a 5.0 and have a procharger or roush supercharger and more than likely he could have ran with you neck and neck. My buddy has a 5.0 with a tvs 2300 and he is pushing 650 to the wheels on the stock motor.
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Good for them lol- but not at 0500 in traffic that is just dumb...and kinda disrespectful imo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Good for them lol- but not at 0500 in traffic that is just dumb...and kinda disrespectful imo
Not so much disrespctful but you have to know when and where
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I have this happen all the time along with they slow down until you look at them and they give you a thumbs up and take off. I drive 35 miles one way to work as often as I can in mine mostly on highways and about the same times as you. I have had Corvettes and other Mustangs run along with me not racing just cruising along safely and then I have had newer Cameros try and race me. I just wave to them and let them go. As some one on hear told me last Jan or Feb to just get used to it there are a lot of stupid people out there

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I know this is a Shelby forum section, but I wanted to point out, I have the same problem in my 5.0, probably because they see a young guy in the drivers seat... I just let them go and get a ticket, ... downshifting gets them every time...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I know this is a Shelby forum section, but I wanted to point out, I have the same problem in my 5.0, probably because they see a young guy in the drivers seat... I just let them go and get a ticket, ... downshifting gets them every time...
Lol u didnt think about downshifting and letting them go- hahahahaha
Thats funny!

I just find it getting old- thats why i drive my jeep more- no one wants a piece of the jeep lol
Old 11-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I was heading to work 1 day a girl in an 04 cobra pulled up beside me at a stop light soon as it turned green she took off lost control in front of me and hit the curb that was in my lane and then just kept going and it was 4 am
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol u didnt think about downshifting and letting them go- hahahahaha Thats funny! I just find it getting old- thats why i drive my jeep more- no one wants a piece of the jeep lol
I did downshift and let them go...haha, works every time.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I did downshift and let them go...haha, works every time.
I meant i didnt think of it- not u lol sorry about that.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I meant i didnt think of it- not u lol sorry about that.
that's ok
Old 11-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If the 5.0 had a turbo or a bottle bye bye shelby
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
If the 5.0 had a turbo or a bottle bye bye shelby
Who cares? Ur missing the point
Old 11-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Who cares? Ur missing the point
I get the point. If he wants to be a dumbass then let him
Old 11-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I get the point. If he wants to be a dumbass then let him
Lol true true
Old 11-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol true true
Bc if he hits someone he will be screwed. Hopefully he does not hurt someone if he does.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I do everytime I drive mine, I guess its because I love close to a speedway and zmax and everyone thinks theyre speed racers. Lol some kids did the other day riding four deep in an old a** Camry
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I'm tired of this happening too. Doesn't happen daily...but when it does...it's annoying as heck. I never street raced in my life and never will. I generally just laugh at them or ignore them as best as I can. But at times when you do not acknowledge them they act like even bigger idiots and it gets dangerous. I generally just want to be left alone by the mass public anyhow.
BlueApollo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #19

Region: Europe
It's the same thing here in Germany. Every nut on the autobahn seems to be out when I am.
Forrest47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:36 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Happens to me in my 08 gt 500. Very annoying. My exhaust is loud and intimidating
08shelbyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #21
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
To the OP, you did the right thing, and my hat is off to you for doing it. I don't own a Shelby; sure wish I did; or a Boss...but I digress.

I attended a driving school at Daytona Beach speedway; it was a free class for buying a Dodge SRT years ago. Good class, and one thing stuck in my head that was said by the instructor...idiots that we have to share the road with will eventually get what's coming to them. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but very soon. Let them go.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Got to love VA traffic...Where a bouts in VA? I usually drive in from Stafford 26 miles one way to Springfield... Very understandable.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Va beach- hampton roads area
Old 12-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #24
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Venting Time!

I live on my college campus so I don't really drive a lot. But when I do it's 100 mile back home for the weekend or something. Never do I have any other actual sports cars try to race me. It's always trucks that ride my *** and then cut over a lane and gun it. Even around town at home which is infested with ricers I never get bothered much in the Bullitt.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
This is just the club we've joined boys and girls. I learned it quick when a Prius tried to be tough next to me I died laughing! Just comes with the territory be safe and keep the integrity of the Shelby name! It didn't earn title KR for nothin'!
Jguida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I'll say it then:

high performance STREET cars are made for the STREET. We buy these cars to have fun in the street or else we could spend half the money for a roll bar equipped RACE car we could use at the track after we trailered it there. Why be surprised or annoyed when people try you? Do you really think Ford made our cars to take to the track?

If you think that I present to you the Cobra Jet, that was made for the track.
Depwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depwraith View Post
I'll say it then:

high performance STREET cars are made for the STREET. We buy these cars to have fun in the street or else we could spend half the money for a roll bar equipped RACE car we could use at the track after we trailered it there. Why be surprised or annoyed when people try you? Do you really think Ford made our cars to take to the track?

Ford made our cars for great gas mileage and longevity...
Old 12-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #28
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I'll say it then:

Try telling that to the police officer after you get pulled over. Or the judge when they lock you up.

HID end all thread
Old 12-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Try telling that to the police officer after you get pulled over. Or the judge when they lock you up.

Post up your time slips or track videos and show us how often you track yours. I'm sure you NEVER have exceeded the speed limit either right?

You know this is the section of the forum for the big boys right?
Depwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #30
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Post up your time slips or track videos and show us how often you track yours. I'm sure you NEVER have exceeded the speed limit either right?

Here you go. You wanted proof, I present to you my proof of drag racing and autocross.

Oh, and owning a "factory fast" car, does not make you a "big boy". Ever hear of "Built not bought". All you are proving is that you bought a car, doesn't prove anything else.

Have a good day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3275.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	143064  
Attached Files

HID end all thread
Old 12-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Please chill both of ya- i started this thread to vent not to have people poking each other. Have fun- drive where you feel..but at the end of the day we are all possibly eskimo brothers
Old 12-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #32
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Please chill both of ya- i started this thread to vent not to have people poking each other. Have fun- drive where you feel..but at the end of the day we are all possibly eskimo brothers
Don't worry, i was just giving him the proof he wanted.

HID end all thread
Old 12-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Whipple View Post
I will play around on the streets some but never in traffic and I usually never initiate it.
Bahaha "I never initiate it" bahaha rotflmfao!!!!
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #34
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Let us keep this thread on topic. If you want to be personal with someone do it over PMs

HID end all thread
Old 12-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol.
Your car is still a Mustang... Just like the rest of ours.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

DAMN IT!!!!!! YOU TUBE....
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang