2nd gear issues - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Has anyone had any issues with second gear when the car is cold and you're driving? I brought mine back to the dealer today to have it looked at as there have been two times where I could not engage second gear at all and I'm shifting at 2000 RPM and going very slowly down my road. The technical expert had the audacity to tell me that Ford created a transmission for the 2013-14 that will not allow you to use second-year when the transmission is cold and that you have to go from first to third. I googled it and found nothing. I think they are lying... They also told me to look in my owners manual and I found nothing in there as well.
Notorious_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious_rob View Post
Has anyone had any issues with second gear when the car is cold and you're driving? I brought mine back to the dealer today to have it looked at as there have been two times where I could not engage second gear at all and I'm shifting at 2000 RPM and going very slowly down my road. The technical expert had the audacity to tell me that Ford created a transmission for the 2013-14 that will not allow you to use second-year when the transmission is cold and that you have to go from first to third. I googled it and found nothing. I think they are lying... They also told me to look in my owners manual and I found nothing in there as well.
Ditch that dealer, they are lying, a transmutation that won't go to 2nd in the cold, wtf! They are trying to get out of warranty work.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

That's why the car is still there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's why the car is still there!
I'd take the car to a different dealer next time after getting a reply like that.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

They are the best dealership around here...actually have a good reputation...
We will see what they say when i go in friday...trust me i will call bs on it- nowhere online or in any forums have i seen what they said to be true
Old 11-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They are the best dealership around here...actually have a good reputation... We will see what they say when i go in friday...trust me i will call bs on it- nowhere online or in any forums have i seen what they said to be true
Ok good, because that is crap, lousy excuse to get out of warranty work
Old 11-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It has 200 miles lol-2014...they can try to say and do whatever they want...but i guarantee they will fix the issue...lol
I havent had it over 100 yet...swear to it!
Old 11-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #8
Toy
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Don't understand why they wouldn't do the work. They are paid from Ford to do so, just not the normal shop rate, but money is money.
Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Maybe the car being cold is activating the skip shift feature which would make you skip 2nd and go to 3rd
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Skip shift is for the mt82 tranny only.?.?.?. 2012 shelby never had any issues with this...

Yup just looked it up shelbys dont have skip shift
Old 11-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Sorry about that I wasn't sure
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:15 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

No worries Gibby- its a forum, we all take interest in each others cars. I appreciate the thought- heck i even looked it up to be 100% sure
Just pissed i have the issue
Old 11-15-2013, 05:29 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
No worries Gibby- its a forum, we all take interest in each others cars. I appreciate the thought- heck i even looked it up to be 100% sure Just pissed i have the issue
I wonder if the tech is thinking of the 11-12 Mustangs with skip-shift...he probably just isn't sure where to start troubleshooting.
EastTNMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:31 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I thought that as well until he said shelby specifically made a transmission with that. I started laughing.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:38 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I thought that as well until he said shelby specifically made a transmission with that. I started laughing.
Yeah, the tech is uninformed or trying to pull the wool over your eyes...I suspect he would be a little embarrassed when you ask him for documentation on this 'new' transmission for the SHELBY! Lol
Old 11-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Lol oh i did lol- he said he remembered reading it in the owners manual. Yea...it isnt. Lol
Plus i looked on every shelby forum i could..no one is reporting this issue.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

So the service manager called me and said they cant duplicate the issue and i have to go to them saturday morning
Old 11-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So the service manager called me and said they cant duplicate the issue and i have to go to them saturday morning
Nice...that seems to be a common response...CND - cannot duplicate.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Of course- they dont wanna pull a shelbys tranny out...i mean would you? Lol

They said to break it in...i said no..then he said well u do have 5 year 60,000 mile warranty on the tranny..i said yup, and you sold me a car i cannot drive right now can i... We will see in the morning
Old 11-16-2013, 04:48 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Of course- they dont wanna pull a shelbys tranny out...i mean would you? Lol They said to break it in...i said no..then he said well u do have 5 year 60,000 mile warranty on the tranny..i said yup, and you sold me a car i cannot drive right now can i... We will see in the morning
Good luck and let us know the outcome.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

So I got my car back this morning. We test drove it at 8 o'clock. It was not cold out it is about 61° outside right now. Transmission shifted perfectly. Obviously we could not duplicate the issue. Going to make a video of it when it gets cold next week and even though the Service manager said they have to duplicate in the video doesn't really mean anything at least it's going to show them proof...
By the way it shifted very smoothly this morning. Even my wife drove it this morning said that it shipped a lot smoother. I don't know if it's just me or if they might have changed the fluid or something.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang