Painting super snake hood without blending using Ruby Red Metalic - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Painting super snake hood without blending using Ruby Red Metalic

Cincy Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Trying to paint a super snake hood without blending cause if I want to change hood back all will match. Does anyone know a good painter that has had luck doing this. It is a Tri-Color paint system
Old 11-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
U still having issues bro? We so gotta get together. I hope u get somebody good brother. Keep us posted. There is a guy here but I don't think u wanna drive all this far.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I have no problem driving to Louisville. I know of a named Taylor that did some work on a Fat Boy that I have. One of the Drs. That work with me said his dad is a friend of his. I may give him a call and see if he will take the job. Who did you have in mind?
Old 11-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

This guy is all the way in Tennessee bro. Surly there is somebody between here and there.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I would hope so but I will keep looking and if you hear of someone close please let me know. Thanks
Old 11-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

I got your back. Surly between Cincinnati and Louisville, there is somebody who is great.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Do you know of any shops in Louisville that are great at setting tunes on the Shelby. I want to do some add on mods but will need a dyno tune
Old 11-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

At this point, I use email tunes. The only guys I know are down this way. I'm gonna have to work on some shops up your way lol.

I would love to get to Florida sometime and let Justin from VMP look at my tune. Other than that, u can get descent tunes from places like BAMA. Let me ask around at work. There is a couple guys that do some tuning that they were talking about. I will see who they are again and let u know. We will check and see if they are quality.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I appreciate that. I ordered my parts to make it handle and perform much better. They should be in in a couple of weeks. I will let you know and I am still looking around for THE painter for the hood
Old 11-20-2013, 07:40 AM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

I may have a guy who is the best. He's in Louisville. They say he is the best. When u get time, will u post me some pics of your hood? As soon as I get more info, I will let u know.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:17 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
I may have a guy who is the best. He's in Louisville. They say he is the best. When u get time, will u post me some pics of your hood? As soon as I get more info, I will let u know.
As soon as I get the hood to my house I will take some pictures and send them to you. It should be next week.
Just got my suspension parts today and hope to have them installed as soon as the weather is nice for a few days. I also got my throttle body(65 oval) and JLT CAI today also. I may wait till spring to have that added on not sure.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy Shelby View Post
As soon as I get the hood to my house I will take some pictures and send them to you. It should be next week.
Just got my suspension parts today and hope to have them installed as soon as the weather is nice for a few days. I also got my throttle body(65 oval) and JLT CAI today also. I may wait till spring to have that added on not sure.
Not sure what a ( 65 oval ) throttle body is, could you post a pic ?

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:58 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2 View Post
. Not sure what a ( 65 oval ) throttle body is, could you post a pic ?
Here are some pictures of the 65 mm oval throttle body

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3184844416.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	437.7 KB
ID:	138518

Name:	image-1338314072.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	495.1 KB
ID:	138519

Name:	image-1924537732.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	461.3 KB
ID:	138520
Old 11-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

I love the tb. Hope to have one myself.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I love the tb. Hope to have one myself.
I just hope it performs the way I hope it should. I will let you know.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Yeah, let me know. They of course are OE to the cobra jet. Coupled with the cold air, a good high flow exhaust, it should produce good results. It's on my list. Did u get it from AM? Don't forget the tune lol.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I know of I couple people around the Louisville area, there's fast track performance and speedy dyno. I've heard good things about them both, however I know I'm missing to really good places.

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, let me know. They of course are OE to the cobra jet. Coupled with the cold air, a good high flow exhaust, it should produce good results. It's on my list. Did u get it from AM? Don't forget the tune lol.
I have decided not to go with a louder exhaust. I want a driver that is quite till you step on it. My Boss is louder than the Shelby and I like that. I got my parts from a shop in the Louisville area. They are called Apex Auto Parts.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoney View Post
I know of I couple people around the Louisville area, there's fast track performance and speedy dyno. I've heard good things about them both, however I know I'm missing to really good places.
I heard of speedy dyno from my friend that owns Apex. Between the two which one would you choose for the Shelby
Old 11-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

What did u gave to pay for the oval, if u don't mind me asking, through apex I mean?
Old 11-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What did u gave to pay for the oval, if u don't mind me asking, through apex I mean?
I do not know at this time cause bill is in the basement but since he works with me I got it at his cost.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Oh wow. That's awesome.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy Shelby View Post
---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

I heard of speedy dyno from my friend that owns Apex. Between the two which one would you choose for the Shelby
Remembered one if the other two I was talking about..., its a drive but for a new Shelby I would take it to one of the best places in the area, Speed by Design over in Harold, KY. Fast Track is a great shop but I don't think they have worked on anything like a Trinity and Speedy Dyno could work. If only I could think of the last one, the owner is a Ford Certified Technician or something and has been working on high performance fords for years.

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang