Is a 2010-12 gt500 supercharger an upgra - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-13-2014, 11:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
larrysgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 144
Is a 2010-12 gt500 supercharger an upgra

For a 08 gt500?



Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Upgrade I ment


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
larrysgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-14-2014, 12:04 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
They are *** slow unless you do a blower swap.


......................... wait for it..........the dyno # fanatics are about to show up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 12:05 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
larrysgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
They are *** slow unless you do a blower swap.


......................... wait for it..........the dyno # fanatics are about to show up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

So pretty much same thing huh


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
larrysgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-14-2014, 12:09 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
What do you have now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 12:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
larrysgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
What do you have now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

My buddy is selling me his 08 gt500 next week.
It's stock. Just was wondering if the new superchargers were worth swapping but idk


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
larrysgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
1 Alibi 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hackettstown
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 718
If you're looking to upgrade an 08, I would look for a 13/14 take-off 2.3L blower.
__________________

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
.
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
larrysgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2 View Post
If you're looking to upgrade an 08, I would look for a 13/14 take-off 2.3L blower.

Oh really. Does that generate a lot of heat too


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
larrysgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:22 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
1 Alibi 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hackettstown
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrysgt View Post
Oh really. Does that generate a lot of heat too


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
.
All blowers make heat.
A 13/14 2.3L can be had for 1200-1500.
__________________

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
.
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:45 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
larrysgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2 View Post
.

All blowers make heat.

A 13/14 2.3L can be had for 1200-1500.

Yeah that's true
Just need to upgrade the heat exchanger right


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
larrysgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:51 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
1 Alibi 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hackettstown
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrysgt View Post
Yeah that's true
Just need to upgrade the heat exchanger right


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
.
Heat exchangers are a must have for an 08. Look for a duel fan unit.
__________________

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
.
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:40 AM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,576
Most ppl upgrade to the Afco dual fan setup. Also, make DAMN sure that you do the procedure for checking the GT500 transmission for damaged syncrhos, google it. Another thing to watch out for is the OEM clutch. If he has not had the 2010+ clutch/flywheel or the McCleod RXT/McCleod flywheel done you are going to have to plan on doing that sooner than later. The 07-09s used a ceramic puck race clutch that is great for beating the snot out of it but for regular street driving and slipping the clutch in traffic it causes issues and can potentially damage the transmission internals.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
larrysgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Most ppl upgrade to the Afco dual fan setup. Also, make DAMN sure that you do the procedure for checking the GT500 transmission for damaged syncrhos, google it. Another thing to watch out for is the OEM clutch. If he has not had the 2010+ clutch/flywheel or the McCleod RXT/McCleod flywheel done you are going to have to plan on doing that sooner than later. The 07-09s used a ceramic puck race clutch that is great for beating the snot out of it but for regular street driving and slipping the clutch in traffic it causes issues and can potentially damage the transmission internals.

Dang for real I never heard of a clutch damaging a trasmission


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
larrysgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:16 AM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,576
Read up on it, there is a LOT of info out on the 07-09 clutch issues, Ford revised the "fix" for it like 4 times before saying "screw it" and recommending the 2010-up twin disc organic clutch and flywheel install. Before this ppl were just doing the McCleod setup and still do.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:10 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
larrysgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Read up on it, there is a LOT of info out on the 07-09 clutch issues, Ford revised the "fix" for it like 4 times before saying "screw it" and recommending the 2010-up twin disc organic clutch and flywheel install. Before this ppl were just doing the McCleod setup and still do.

Ok kool I'll check it out online


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
larrysgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2008 Gt500 supercharger on a 2010 4.6? black9D5 2011-2014 Mustang GT 9 06-11-2012 10:46 AM
GT500, Ford GT, 4.0L Whipple Supercharger Side-By-Side Photo Brent General Mustang Discussion 1 05-23-2011 03:22 PM
2010 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Coupe vs 2010 Chevy Camaro Z-28 SS? adom Shelby Mustang 7 03-25-2010 09:11 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:44 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.