Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Rocker Panel Chips driving me crazy

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Seebz13 
#1 ·
Just traded in for a 14 Ruby Red shelby and already the rocker panels are starting to get rock chips. It drives me crazy because I put the mud flaps on the car and I can still see the chips and I don't even have 400 miles on car.

I'm thinking about using the 3m spray but I worry that I might ruin the side stripes.

Does anyone else use the 3m spray for rocker panels? If so how was the instal and is it working?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#3 ·
Hum I have a 13 and have not noticed any rocker panel chips. Now with that said I put Roush Side Splitters on it this summer to hopefully stop them. I have a few rock dings on the nose that drive me nuts, but I don't see them from the drivers seat. I got the side splitters from AM along with the ones for the rear.

Attachments

#4 ·
Yea the chips are tiny and honestly, only noticeable if you get on your knees and put your face up to it. My concern is that there are possibly a hundred of these little nicks. I'm guessing it's more noticeable against the red color as opposed to the grey I had.

I'm going to order the side spill tees today. Did you install or have a shop do it? I had a roush chin splitter done by my Ford Body shop so I'll probably use them for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#6 ·
Thanks Mlarv,

I just put in a rush order for the Rocker Panels you have. My biggest concern was install and appearance and that picture and your install steps was the deciding factor:)

I am going to just have my Ford body shop do the install. They have done a bunch of stuff for me in the past and I am going to ask him to try to buff out some of the nicks before the install. I'm not too familiar with methods of removing nicks but I'm pretty sure some can be buffed out.

Anyway thanks again and I'll send a couple pictures after they are installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.