It doesn't sound like the new Super Snake is being well reviewed! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-29-2015, 03:37 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
It doesn't sound like the new Super Snake is being well reviewed!

And he wanted to like it, but it was waaaaay slower than it should be....and the brakes being almost impossible to modulate doesn't help....

The $100,000, 850 HP Shelby Super Snake Is Made Of Huge Numbers That Don't Add Up
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2015, 03:42 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Just a gt with a blower on it..
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:13 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Just a gt with a blower on it..
And for only $100,000!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2015, 12:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Car has 370's in the rearend. Causes one to have to shift to 5th within the last 200 feet of the end of the quarter which hurts ET (engine has a rev limiter which doesn't allow over taching). With 350's in the rearend shifting would be eliminated and the ET would drop perhaps as much as 1/4 of a second. Additionally, the tires it comes with are road racing tires, not drag tires. Put slicks on it and it's a hell of a lot faster. I spoke with someone at Shelby...he says the writer doesn't know what he's talking about on the braking. The brakes are meant to stop it and it has 750+HP at the wheels. So, if you stomp on them they are going to stop the car...fast. He said the writer didn't like the car even before it was rolled off the trailer. Evan Smith wrote an article that addresses these issues and is more reasonable of a review. 2015 Super Snake Track Test: Pressing “Go” on the 750hp Shelby Mustang Shelby rep says its the best handling Super Snake they've ever produced. I go there in December to test drive mine before it gets shipped home. I'll post my thoughts after that trip to Vegas. Next summer I'll have some ET's from New England Dragway to post. I expect to eat up Hellcats.
medwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:55 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

I hope you enjoy your Shelby.......but I do think they have been living off Carroll's name for far too many years, and demanding WAAAAAAY too much money for the badging job.
If I were going to go to a super high performance Mustang.......my money would either go to the GT 350 (maybe even the R), and then put a supercharger on it......or the money would stay put and wait for the GT 500.
These are far better developed and integrated cars than anything Shelby has put together in the last 20 years.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I'd love a 2015 350R....but I wasn't one of the chosen ones allowed to buy one. I wanted a special mustang born on the 50th anniversary. The only choice I had was to buy a 50th Anniversary numbered car and send it to Shelby. So, that's what I did. If anyone has a 2015 350R that they'd like to sell...post the details and price...

BTW...after everything is added up the car is closer to $120k (shipping, cost of car, Shelby upgrades, etc). Steep, real real steep. But I will soon have my baby. She is Shelby Super Snake 2015 CSM#6. Blue with white stripes, 4 pt rollbar, 5 pt harness in the driver's seat, and all the options Shelby had to offer including the Whipple supercharger.

This type of a car is not for everyone that's for sure. But it was the right car for me.

Maybe in the next few years I'll pick up a 2015 350GT-R once one of the lucky 37 decides to sell one. But I wanted a 50th anniversary modern classic and that's what I've got.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:28 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwards View Post
I'd love a 2015 350R....

Maybe in the next few years I'll pick up a 2015 350GT-R once one of the lucky 300 decides to sell one. But I wanted a 50th anniversary modern classic and that's what I've got.
I'd be willing to bet that GT350's and the R's appear on the market with "0" miles a week after they are out.......with a HUGE markup for sure for the profit seekers that were lucky enough to get one...............but, you got what you wanted in your Shelby, and I am sure it is going to be a monster with all of the options you selected. Should be pretty good for resale as well when/if you choose to do that. Congrats!
Old 10-07-2015, 02:32 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

If this is real, it surprised me:

Ford Mustang GT350 | eBay

ONLY a few minutes left TOO!!!!
Old 10-07-2015, 02:34 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Run away fast
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1444246466443.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	192043  
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Car has 370's in the rearend. Causes one to have to shift to 5th within the last 200 feet of the end of the quarter which hurts ET (engine has a rev limiter which doesn't allow over taching). With 350's in the rearend shifting would be eliminated and the ET would drop perhaps as much as 1/4 of a second. Additionally, the tires it comes with are road racing tires, not drag tires. Put slicks on it and it's a hell of a lot faster. I spoke with someone at Shelby...he says the writer doesn't know what he's talking about on the braking. The brakes are meant to stop it and it has 750+HP at the wheels. So, if you stomp on them they are going to stop the car...fast. He said the writer didn't like the car even before it was rolled off the trailer. Evan Smith wrote an article that addresses these issues and is more reasonable of a review. 2015 Super Snake Track Test: Pressing “Go” on the 750hp Shelby Mustang Shelby rep says its the best handling Super Snake they've ever produced. I go there in December to test drive mine before it gets shipped home. I'll post my thoughts after that trip to Vegas. Next summer I'll have some ET's from New England Dragway to post. I expect to eat up Hellcats.
That doesn't read like an article written by someone who has a bias against the car. IMO.
I found the exact same problem with the brakes, during an Ecoboost challenge, as the author described. .. I wouldn't trust what the Shelby representative says in rebuttal to that article.

With that said, it is still going to be a f'n awesome car!
The last two paragraphs of that article pretty much sums up what owning a Shelby is all about. That is what you are paying for, the heritage. All of it...The good AND the bad.

I look forward to hearing what you think of the car after you have put some miles on it.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:41 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Run away fast
Did you notice, that way down on the bottom of the page, he says "Please notice that bid amount is in excess of the MSRP?"........so, at $59,000 bid, that is ON TOP of the window sticker, and "reserve not met?"..........that's nuts!
Old 10-07-2015, 02:49 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
Did you notice, that way down on the bottom of the page, he says "Please notice that bid amount is in excess of the MSRP?"........so, at $59,000 bid, that is ON TOP of the window sticker, and "reserve not met?"..........that's nuts!
That probably meant that the reserve was more than the MSRP. If not, it closed at $60k. That would put it in Super Snake territory!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 03:57 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
That probably meant that the reserve was more than the MSRP. If not, it closed at $60k. That would put it in Super Snake territory!
Hey! Not bad.......no more than twice what it is worth!.......just like...oh, never mind!
Old 10-07-2015, 04:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Wrong it is the crappy *** tune they use.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

That one on ebay was a pre-order 2016 not a 2015. I just spoke to York Ford in Saugus MA who is trying to sell the car for $20k over invoice....or about $80,000...which is nothing short of stupid money for that vehicle since it's
1) not the first year 350R...2015 was
2) it's not an anniversary car
3) it's a "Ford" Shelby not a "Shelby" Shelby..ie...no CSM#)
4) God knows how many they are going to make

The 2015's R's are very rare (37 made) and none were available to the general public. They were all presold before they left the assembly line at Flatrock. I tried to get in line but none of the Ford dealers I spoke with knew what I was talking about. The 2015 R cars are the ultra rare ones. There is a link below to the Ford announcement on the GT 350R's that were to commemorate the 50th Anniversary.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2015/04/28/ford-announces-limited-run-for-2015-shelby-gt350.html
Old 10-07-2015, 04:46 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
That one on ebay was a pre-order 2016 not a 2015. I just spoke to York Ford in Saugus MA who is trying to sell the car for $20k over invoice....or about $80,000...which is nothing short of stupid money for that vehicle since it's
1) not the first year 350R...2015 was
2) it's not an anniversary car
3) it's a "Ford" Shelby not a "Shelby" Shelby..ie...no CSM#)
4) God knows how many they are going to make

The 2015's R's are very rare (37 made) and none were available to the general public. They were all presold before they left the assembly line at Flatrock. I tried to get in line but none of the Ford dealers I spoke with knew what I was talking about. The 2015 R cars are the ultra rare ones. There is a link below to the Ford announcement on the GT 350R's that were to commemorate the 50th Anniversary.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2015/04/28/ford-announces-limited-run-for-2015-shelby-gt350.html
I thought that all the GT 350's and R's were going to be 2016's.........were either available as a 2015?
Old 10-07-2015, 04:48 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
I thought that all the GT 350's and R's were going to be 2016's.........were either available as a 2015?
Yes. 100 GT350's, and 37 GT350R's.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Tags
super snake