GT350R or Boss 302S - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-15-2016, 12:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
GT350R or Boss 302S

I think its a little crazy people paying $100k+- for the GT350R's. They have carbon fiber wheels and better track tires. So they're well worth the MSRP / sticker price.
The difference is price is almost purely those $10k+ set of wheels.

BUT these people paying $80, 90, 100k+ to use these as track toys, you might as well buy a properly sorted true track car for the same price like this:
New 2014 Ford Mustang BOSS 302S - Near Cincinnati OH - Beechmont Ford

Anybody seen some apples to apples track time comparisons?

What would you rather if you were planning on getting a car for pure track use?
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2016, 12:25 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
GT350R or Boss 302S

That Boss isn't street legal. And yes I'd take the R. R is most likely the better car, even being road legal. Give it a few years the price will drop on the R. It's the "latest and greatest" scenario happening; that's why they're so high.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:22 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I'm with you op. I'd take the S.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2016, 06:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
It depends on how much you want to spend. I love my Boss it's the most fun car I've ever driven. You can pick up a nice street boss in the 30's and they are worth every penny. If you don't mind spending 60k go for the GT 350.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:49 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
It depends on how much you want to spend. I love my Boss it's the most fun car I've ever driven. You can pick up a nice street boss in the 30's and they are worth every penny. If you don't mind spending 60k go for the GT 350.

I'd spend $55k on a GT350. That's not the point, problem or question.

The question is for this thread is with the GT350R going for such a premium over MSRP.... at $80-100k+, wouldn't you rather spend your money on something else. In fact, I'd probably get a Porsche Cayman GT4 or Corvette Z06 at around $100k mark that some are selling for.

Now back down to MSRP of $67k+- I think the GT350R is a decent deal. Anything over that, the alternatives for the same price are more attractive in my opinion. But if you were a Ford guy only, you could go to something like the Boss 302S Race car, which is very rare & collectible also. Though not street legeal.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:11 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Are you hell bent on the R? Just get the regular one and you shouldn't have to pay the premium.

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:29 AM   #7
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
The Boss made me get excited

sorry tmi
Old 06-16-2016, 01:39 PM   #8

Region: Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
The Boss made me get excited

sorry tmi

...bite my tongue...bite my lip...chew my fingernails...chew my toenails...😁🙊

Sent from my Samsung RH2777AT fridge
Old 06-16-2016, 04:19 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
When you start talking talking about a "base GT350" you are really paying for the 5.2l motor and trans and wide body front fenders...If you opt for the track package or the Technology package and other little options you are in the $60k range as a base price although I have not seen a GT 350 for less than 70k+. The R package is only $13k more and I haven't seen but one R on the showroom floor and it had a sold sign in the window with no sticker. On the other hand if you look at the Z06 you are in the 90k+ range. For all of you that haven't ridden in a Mag-Ride car I can tell you it is totally outstanding although the $6500 adder is a little high I'd put the ATSV against any stock Mustang on the track...it's that good. So, with that said I'd take the GT 350R even having to spend the "Market Value" price with is just like when the GT500's came out and then the GT500SS which had a sticker close to $100k...and that was a few years ago. The Porsche is a Porsche...nice but not for me....the Corvette Z06....I see lots of them running around...the GT350R, a nice track/street car although 15mpg is not much at least you won't see too many on the street.....IMHO
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
With a brand new car you can always find more car going slightly used. I would think people spending 80k+ on a car buy what they want opposed to looking for the absolute most for their money.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:12 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
When you start talking talking about a "base GT350" you are really paying for the 5.2l motor and trans and wide body front fenders...If you opt for the track package or the Technology package and other little options you are in the $60k range as a base price although I have not seen a GT 350 for less than 70k+. The R package is only $13k more and I haven't seen but one R on the showroom floor and it had a sold sign in the window with no sticker. On the other hand if you look at the Z06 you are in the 90k+ range. For all of you that haven't ridden in a Mag-Ride car I can tell you it is totally outstanding although the $6500 adder is a little high I'd put the ATSV against any stock Mustang on the track...it's that good. So, with that said I'd take the GT 350R even having to spend the "Market Value" price with is just like when the GT500's came out and then the GT500SS which had a sticker close to $100k...and that was a few years ago. The Porsche is a Porsche...nice but not for me....the Corvette Z06....I see lots of them running around...the GT350R, a nice track/street car although 15mpg is not much at least you won't see too many on the street.....IMHO
Look around, the 2016 GT350's are dropping in price fast. There are a bunch of them for sale at dealers in the $59-61k range.
There have been several sold or at Buy It Now prices on Ebay $58-61k.
Ex: Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Technology Package Brembo Brakes | eBay - Buy it Now $59k

The GT350's are basically going for sticker price now as the 2017 orders are in & those cars are about to start hitting the market. And the big fish buyers willing to pay a few thousand over MSRP are ordering 2017's now and getting them exactly how they want them.

I actually had a 2016 gt350 track pack offered to me for $2,000 under MSRP a couple of weeks ago. B/c the dealer knew I had a good trade and cash. I would have jumped at that offer 3 months ago.... but they waited too late. Market has changed, and 2017's are on the horizon! So I don't want a 2016 anymore. I'm going to wait for the 2017's and probably get a Lightning Blue or maybe even Ruby Red Metallic, with track package (now standard) AND fancy heated/cooled seats, Nav, etc.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:23 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
It's a tough one. Would have to drive them both to make that kind of decision

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Shelby Mustang