Mustang Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Does the GT500 deserve Ecoboost Technology?

19K views 477 replies 15 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Hey guys! My name is MSP.Ecoboost! I'm a mustang owner with a passion for all platforms of mustang! What brings me to this forum is of urgent concern! I'm trying to stop for from making a big mistake! That is supercharging another GT500!! Ad you mist know, the GT500 has been supercharged twice in one generation for the S197 platform! Its my feeling since everything under Fords current line up is using Ecoboost technology!

1. 2017 Ford GT
2.F150
3.Fusion
4.Focus
5.Raptor
6.Ecoboost Mustang

If theses cars are worthy enough for Ecoboost technology, why not the Flagship of Fords sports csrs , not allowed to be produced from the factory with this awesome and proven technology! The Ford GT tops out at 216mph! The GT500 should have s 5.0L V8 Twin 55mm Ecoboost Turbo setup with FMIC! Help me save the 2019 GT500 from a disaster!

Post your feelings and let's spread the word! Thank you!!

#252 ·
At the North American international auto show. No Shelby GT500 but the original Bullitt driven by Steve McQueen and the new Bullitt are here.

I was lucky to get selected for the Detroit News Readers Choice vote and got in during industry preview. Nowhere near as crowded View attachment 250777 View attachment 250785 View attachment 250793 View attachment 250801 View attachment 250809 View attachment 250817
Thanks Jim C. for the pics. You lucky dog getting to be there. I'm happy for you. :cool:

#221 ·
In the picture you can see it has black "bullitt" style. Not exactly like the torque thrust on the 1968.

After the voting I went back inside to check out things I didn't have time for earlier. With the smaller lines I had to chance to get a Bullitt poster and appear in the Bullitt reveal commercial. They had four stations for the process, one of them being a Bullitt so had a chance to check it out closer and sit in it.

Attachments

#224 ·
Fielding opinions!

How many wouldn't mind a 3.2L inline 6 Twin Turbo Ecoboost engine for the 2019 GT500? Reminiscent of of the Toyota Super! The online 6 configuration with Dual cams and turbocharged is much more powerful than a V8! This is why diesel trucks use the same configuration!

#230 ·
The main advantage to a straight six cylinder engine configuration is that it is very easy to balance.
So yes, you can rev them pretty high.
Unfortunately, most of the modern-day American automobiles aren't designed to accept a relatively long engine. A car like the Viper, with it's long hood, would be a good candidate for a straight six.

#258 ·
LOL! What's up OxfordWhite!! Fellow Trucker!! Just finished Volunteering! Given back, you know what I mean?!!

Hey! So what do you think of the 3.5L all aluminum heads and engine block TT V6 swap I'm thinking about?

My cars value will shoot through the roof don't you think?? Can't believe its so inexpensive! $7850 bucks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.