Mustang Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Does the GT500 deserve Ecoboost Technology?

19K views 477 replies 15 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Hey guys! My name is MSP.Ecoboost! I'm a mustang owner with a passion for all platforms of mustang! What brings me to this forum is of urgent concern! I'm trying to stop for from making a big mistake! That is supercharging another GT500!! Ad you mist know, the GT500 has been supercharged twice in one generation for the S197 platform! Its my feeling since everything under Fords current line up is using Ecoboost technology!

1. 2017 Ford GT
2.F150
3.Fusion
4.Focus
5.Raptor
6.Ecoboost Mustang

If theses cars are worthy enough for Ecoboost technology, why not the Flagship of Fords sports csrs , not allowed to be produced from the factory with this awesome and proven technology! The Ford GT tops out at 216mph! The GT500 should have s 5.0L V8 Twin 55mm Ecoboost Turbo setup with FMIC! Help me save the 2019 GT500 from a disaster!

Post your feelings and let's spread the word! Thank you!!

#293 ·
That's counter intuitive, loosening the preload will make the boost less responsive and reduce the overall boost control capability.

Again though, changing the wastegate on these cars is arbitrary, the computer controls the boost curve, changing the wastegate does nothing.

Also ... arent you stock? How in the world are you at 300 whp with 0 mods ...

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

That's counter intuitive, loosening the preload will make the boost less responsive and reduce the overall boost control capability.

Again though, changing the wastegate on these cars is arbitrary, the computer controls the boost curve, changing the wastegate does nothing.

Also ... arent you stock? How in the world are you at 300 whp with 0 mods ...

#298 ·
Voltwings I really did beat it! The computer is supposed to open the wastegate and hold at 20psi! It was asleep and I ran 22psi without a blow off or spark ******! The stick factory spring a ton of pre-load! To take it off you have to use a screwdriver and pry on the wastegate!

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

#299 ·
OK! I'll go make another run Voltwings just for you!

I'll see if it goes to 23psi! But that's it , cause I'll be moving too fast as it is!

So just for our beloved Voltwings, I'll have another run at it! If I get to 23psi I'm going to piss on myself! That would take me to 380HP Flywheel and 323whp! Stand by!

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

#305 ·
Hey Voltwings! Explain to the audience how I beat the ECU! It should start lessening spark way before 21psi! More like 20.5psi or less! The wastegate should be wide open to prevent over boosting! This not the case! Removing the pre-load HSS tricked the computer to ignore the 2psi over boost!

Explain Voltwings!

#310 ·
The track will make the final decision! Looking more like March if they are opened!

I should safely be in 13.xx territory for sure now!

I'll stab 22psi again tomorrow morning and hold down a little bit longer to see if it give up 23psi! I'll let you all know in the morning!

#312 ·
Hey Voltwings, it also HSS slot to do with the stick compression ratio of the engine!

Thus far the 2.3L Ecoboost engine is the only one to be st 9.5:1 while all the others are at 10.0:1! With the Coyote being the only one at 11.0:1 compression ratio! They really catered to the GT crowd on that coyote!

So your right in a sense, all boost is not equal! Anywhere from 14 to 20psi based on engine compression ratio!

Vortech's V2 setup comes with a 10psi pulley! The stock HP rating of the 4.0 V6 is 210HP. With 10psi it makes 350HP and 298whp! So you can see that is 14whp per psi of boost! Its also at 9.5:1 like the 2.3L!

So let's say for the sake of argument I'm making 14whp per psi!
310HP @ 20psi and 348HP @ 22psi!

Its only a 6HP difference from 354HP!

So let's use between 20 an 14whp per psi! Sound good or fair Voltwings!?

#315 ·
To be clear Voltwings! A larger turbo can run more CFM at a lower boost level and the boost will be colder! Thus make more HP per psi between the 14 and 20whp designation! 14 to 20 will never change! 20whp is the max with good efficiency! The weather can help this! Colder weather can increase the efficiency from 14 towards 20whp!

The stock 2.3L turbo has better efficiency with more than 20psi been fed to it! It makes power up to 525whp but needs a large intercooler to cool the boost! Mist guys are afraid to pump 35psi to the motor for no good reason! Its a built from the bottom up to handle high boost! Guys buy larger turbos to keep the boost level low but the CFM rating high!

#321 ·
Assuming I'm making 14whp per psi of boost that places me at 338HP and 355 FTlbs of TQ!

Either way I win! I'm faster than a 2018 Ecoboost! That's all that matters!

At 20whp per psi I'm at 350HP and 368FTlbs TQ!

Nice numbers either way! If I ran the 1/4 mile I could get an exact number!

#323 ·
The numbers I'm posting are real numbers based on 310HP! So there is accuracy cause I know my flywheel HP! These calculators are doing the Algebra for you! So they are trustworthy! The base is 310HP! Using that solid fact let's you know pretty darn close calculations! 14whp to 20whp is also considered absolute! Using absolute numbers are another way you can trust! I've given you 3 absolute numbers! 310HP and 14 to 20whp per psi!

The high and the low! Both have me in a good position to beat the 13ET mark!

Straybullit don't knock calculator's which do all the quadratic Algebra equations for you!

I gave the extreme which is 20whp per psi and the passive 14whp!!

#324 ·
Based on this info I can use my rave weight to see what is possible for me to run! A target ET!

@350HP = 13.31ET @ 100mph

@338HP = 13.48ET @ 99mph

So I'm safe Straybullit! I remove that extra 4whp to give you guys the benefit of the doubt! And I'll still trap a mid 13 ET!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.