Mustang Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Does the GT500 deserve Ecoboost Technology?

19K views 477 replies 15 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Hey guys! My name is MSP.Ecoboost! I'm a mustang owner with a passion for all platforms of mustang! What brings me to this forum is of urgent concern! I'm trying to stop for from making a big mistake! That is supercharging another GT500!! Ad you mist know, the GT500 has been supercharged twice in one generation for the S197 platform! Its my feeling since everything under Fords current line up is using Ecoboost technology!

1. 2017 Ford GT
2.F150
3.Fusion
4.Focus
5.Raptor
6.Ecoboost Mustang

If theses cars are worthy enough for Ecoboost technology, why not the Flagship of Fords sports csrs , not allowed to be produced from the factory with this awesome and proven technology! The Ford GT tops out at 216mph! The GT500 should have s 5.0L V8 Twin 55mm Ecoboost Turbo setup with FMIC! Help me save the 2019 GT500 from a disaster!

Post your feelings and let's spread the word! Thank you!!

#336 ·
When I mentioned the Vortech V2 and it making 14whp with 10psi of boost, is because Centrifugal superchargers suffer from what is called (Parasitic Loss)! This is because it takes HP to compress the air the supercharger is creating! This also is a load on the crankshaft! All superchargers suffer from this! Roots and Twin Screw! Turbos are the only forced induction that use 100% of the HP they create! Which makes turbos #1!

It is this reason why it is foolish of Ford to continue down the path of supercharging the GT500! Ecoboost Technology rules from bottom to the top!

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

#341 ·
Turbos and Superchargers both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Yes a supercharger has parasitic loss but it's advantage over a turbo is instant response and a more linear power delivery. In applications where efficiency is less of a consideration, instant response and linear power delivery will tip the equation in favor of the Supercharger. That is why you see superchargers on the big engine, big horsepower Halo cars from GM, Chrysler and Ford.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

#354 ·
OK, I read the whole thing and your not trying to cause problems, you are generally concerned! It was a mist communication! Yeah the top gauge is the boost gauge! The 21 is 21psi

I really like you know, showing that much concern for my engine! I apologize for saying you were smoking something!

The temp never goes past 1200F even at 22psi at least not more than 1250F! Sorry for the mis- communication Dgc333!!!

#355 ·
Oh yeah, in regards to Jon Lund, he knows me by the name MSP! He offered to email me custom tunes for my Vortech V2 setup on my S197 V6 4.0 back in 2006! I won a raffle on the website TheMustamgSource.com from Vortech! They used my car for 2 months to design the kit! I was the first person in the world to have a supercharged 4.0 Mustang V6! It made 350HP and put down 298whp!

Jon Lund and I used to talk on that website! Anyways Dgc333 me and you are cool, so don't worry, thanks for trying to protect my engine!

#358 ·
OK cool! Hey did you see the 21psi? I'll do a 22psi shot tomorrow! Might do a Track Apps 1/4 mile early on the morning when there is no traffic! I got to see how fast 350HP and 368TQ is! I'll probably do a 2.2 60ft, and see if I can run between 13.7 and 13.5ET!

#360 ·
Hey guys I put 2 more turns on the wastegate and made the wastegate a little tighter! The result is getting to 22psi before 80mph in 4th gear! So I'm going to be ok ,cause the TQ makes the car push to the left now! So I have to hold the steering wheel a little tighter! 368ft lbs is a lot of TQ! The car is fast guys, I'm not joking!

#361 ·
Hey Rap126, I got 22psi in 3rd gear also. So its going to be good run!

Me and you have our differences because you love the Ecoboost so much you want to see it dip into the 13's! It will tomorrow, then I'll eat some pancakes for you! LOL!!

#365 ·
That M3 in the last race was FAST! Holy cow!
I didn't think that a BMW could do that! :lol:

That was pretty cool that Ecoboost broke into the tens. And the owner said that the engine is built.
I wonder if he leaves with full boost? It seems like he doesn't hit the limiter until the yellow lights are on??

#366 ·
That M3 in the last race was FAST! Holy cow!
I didn't think that a BMW could do that! [emoji38]

That was pretty cool that Ecoboost broke into the tens. And the owner said that the engine is built.
I wonder if he leaves with full boost? It seems like he doesn't hit the limiter until the yellow lights are on??
The Ecoboost holds rpm! Yep press the gas and hold it, and it will eventually hold rpm without a limiter! I just found this out a few days ago! So I should make a good 60ft using this method! The only trick is you must do it within 5 seconds or the computer will cancel the run! I'll take a pic of it holding at 4000rpm watch!

Vehicle Car Gauge Auto part Speedometer

Ford is so awesome its ridiculous! I love you Ford so much! Please use Ecoboost technology on the 2019 GT500!

Actually the 5 second time limit is not a problem, just set the rpm where you want it, then hit (Begin)! So not a problem!

#368 ·
Here is 5000rpm! Buyvan Ecoboost everybody! They rock! 5000rpm without a limiter! OMG!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Gauge Speedometer

That is actually 5100rpm! LOL!

Rap126! You gotta get an Ecoboost man! I'll never ditch this 2.3L for the 3.5L! Are you crazy! I'm keeping this Lil 4 banger! It's amazing! Ecoboost Technology is so awesome guys! I'm so proud of my car at 22psi! Its a whole different any animal with just 2psi boost increase! Imagine 24 it 25psi! WOW!!!

Where did you see the M3 Straybullit? I didn't even notice one! Is it towards the end of the video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.