Mustang Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Does the GT500 deserve Ecoboost Technology?

19K views 477 replies 15 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Hey guys! My name is MSP.Ecoboost! I'm a mustang owner with a passion for all platforms of mustang! What brings me to this forum is of urgent concern! I'm trying to stop for from making a big mistake! That is supercharging another GT500!! Ad you mist know, the GT500 has been supercharged twice in one generation for the S197 platform! Its my feeling since everything under Fords current line up is using Ecoboost technology!

1. 2017 Ford GT
2.F150
3.Fusion
4.Focus
5.Raptor
6.Ecoboost Mustang

If theses cars are worthy enough for Ecoboost technology, why not the Flagship of Fords sports csrs , not allowed to be produced from the factory with this awesome and proven technology! The Ford GT tops out at 216mph! The GT500 should have s 5.0L V8 Twin 55mm Ecoboost Turbo setup with FMIC! Help me save the 2019 GT500 from a disaster!

Post your feelings and let's spread the word! Thank you!!

#7 ·
???????????
I have no idea whether the GT500 had a heat soak problem or not but going to a turbo charger is not an automatic solution to heat soak. The 2.3l Ecoboost Mustang heat soaks in normal driving on hot ambient days and heat soaks after one trip down the 1/4 on cool days. That is why the first recommended mod is an after market intercooler.

#3 ·
I think that the fact that you can just buy a factory warranted dealer installed supercharger for the Coyote precludes Ford from installing one on the GT500.
And they do seem to have gone all "turbo crazy" as of late...
It is only logical that they use a Ecoboost engine of some sort.

It will need more than whatever engine that they choose to really be spectacular though. Hopefully the engineers are feverishly working away at their drafting tables, making calculations with their slide-rules, and coming up with a way to make exactly that happen!

#5 ·
If Ford DOESN'T put a hopped up version of the TT 3.5 Eco that they have in the F150 into the new GT500 and make some version of it optional in the 2020 GT they are stupid. That motor just annihilates the Coyote on all levels sadly.

Then again... how fast do you need to go? Because relatively mild street Coyotes even back to 2011 can rip off an 11 second 1/4 no problem.

#8 ·
We want FAST!!! Or extremely quick. Or even a blistering Nurburgring time. But that car better do one thing very well.
I agree that the 3.5 TT is a strong little engine, but in it's GT "trim" it only produces roughly the same amount of power as the 2013 GT500 5.8 supercharged engine did. The 3.5 Ecoboost seems to do well in the GT, but remember, the Ford GT weighs a good 600+ lbs less than a Mustang.
I really believe that it is going to require 8 boosted cylinders to get the job done with the GT500. Whatever that job happens to be.
I can, however, see a 3.5 engine eventually making its way into a standard production Mustang.

And here's another thing.
The 2018 Bullitt is going to be released at the Detroit auto show next week. If Ford didn't bore and stroke the 6.2 Boss engine to 6.4 litres (390 ci) and shoehorn it into the engine bay of what, in my opinion, should be the final generation of the Bullitt... I'M GOING TO BE PISSED!!! :furious:

I'm already preparing myself for the disappointment...
:(

#19 ·
2018 Bullitt is going to be an appearance/exhaust/suspension package. Book it...

#9 ·
Have you seen the frame rails of an S550? Plain and simple there is no way in hell you can stuff 2 turbos in there in a factory TT v8 package. The only alternative would be a Hot V which would require new heads, a new hood line, and an $80k price tag.

A supercharger is simple and effective, and having it on a CPC 5.2 makes if different enough to be exotic. A 3.5TT EB would make monster power, it really would, but a lot of people are too ignorant of what that engine is capable of, or quite frankly like me, just WANT a v8 sound. As much as i am aware of what a 3.5 could do in this platform, it would be a massive mistake to not make the Halo car a v8.

#47 ·
The compression is what heats up the air! Compressed air must be intercooled before the throttle body! On cold days, there is no way you can attain full boost! The target temp is ambient outside temps! This means that the outside ambient temp is the temp the intercooler needs to strip heat from the compressed air to match! A bigger intercooler keeps the air longer so it can strip more heat than a taller intercooler! The smaller the interested, the less time the compressed air has time to cool off!

#49 · (Edited)
Why wouldn't it make full boost on a cold day?
It's breathing in that nice cool dense air,and the intercooler isn't having to work as hard, due to the compressed air not becoming as hot as if it was a warm day. And the intercooler is also receiving cooler outside air to further help cool the charged air.

#57 ·
That makes sense Volt.
Who knows? Maybe that will be the engine.
At least it will kinda sound like a formula 1 car!

It will give us something to speculate about in the meantime.
I mean it though. The GT500 will need something more than just the engine to make it stand out in today's marketplace...

#60 ·
In regards to the GT500, it must be Ecoboost technology or nothing! 3 generations of GT500 all supercharged and all unable to reach 200mph is a failure!

Explain why so many aren't pissed that Ford is not involving the GT500 in the Ecoboost family! All Ecoboost cars are top sellers and keeping Ford in business! Look at the Fusion or Focus! Theses cars are selling like crazy! I saw an Ecoboost at church, there so many of them!

Without a doubt the GT500 must be of Ecoboost heritage!

Supercharge this!! Flip the bird! Both hands!!!!!

#63 ·
Cause the Coyote isn't a waste of money! Its a nice engine that comes from from the factory with 2 to 3 psi of boost! It has an 11.0:1 compression ratio! That's why it makes good power normally aspirated and needs less boost to make big power! Only needs 8psi to get to 650whp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.