Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Well, THIS is a different front fascia for the new GT500!

6K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  orangesnake07 
#1 ·
#6 · (Edited)
Looks like that new front end may be “somewhat” polarizing. I am going to wait to see what the entire package looks like before going all in (or not) on the new front fascia.

I will say right now, that given that GT500 styling cues have worked their way into the more basic levels......Ford, please don’t incorporate this grill on the 2021 GT.....

#8 ·
Looks like that new front end may be “somewhat” polarizing. I am going to wait to see what the entire package looks like before going all in on the new front fascia.

I will say right now, that given that GT500 styling cues have worked their way into the more basic levels......Ford, please don’t incorporate this grill on the 2021 GT.....
Agreed.
Need to see the entire car.

Sort of a strange photo that Ford released... I'm referring to the great lack of detail, and what appears to be a skinny little tire that was scribbled beneath the drivers side of the car.

A grill opening large enough to drive a tractor-trailer through... And a "pizza-cutter" tire on the front of the car...
I wonder what it all means?

#9 ·
Yeah, I’ll wait until I see the entire car but that outline doesn’t do it for me. Agree with the Audi-esque appearance.

#11 ·
Here is a rendering of what it could look like ...

I think it looks awful. I also think the 2015+ Mustangs all look like they should have a Hyundai badge because the front end looks like a Genesis Coupe.

#12 ·
Maybe.....just maybe, they need that big a grill with that kind of airflow to cool 750 HP effectively....hmmmmm.....I wonder.
You rendering above, is just too much....WAY too much front grill. It literally takes over the entire car and when you look at it, the grill is all you can see. It’s like there is NO car behind it at all.

#15 ·
Not my rendering. One I just found a while ago and it seems to resemble the one that Guard posted. Not sure if what he posted was official stuff from Ford, if so, then I think the HUGE grill is more likely to happen, than not. I fully agree with Guard, way too much grill. Almost like a Lexus front end.

As for the louvers, I think whoever did it was thinking Ford would copy GM's 5th gen Camaro Z28 and ZL1, it has something similar. It's just a simple way to extract the heat from whatever blower they decide to put on this car.

#20 ·
Absolutely horrible!
It looks like that large mouth bass crap that I thought manufacturers were finally getting over. That thing is positively GROSS!

#22 ·
Still think the best looking recent Mustang is the 07-09 GT500.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.