Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Need help identifying if i have a fake roush or if indeed roush, what stage.

6K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  godsdisciple85 
#1 ·
I wanted to view some specs about my 03 roush and when i was watching videos and pics i notice some thing were different, then i did some research and turns out the mustang roush is the type of mustangs people like to fake and sell so here are some pics about my car any help would be nice. Also i believe mine is a stage 2 because is a v6 but i hope some one can shed some light of that matter.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Suzuki swift Family car

Material property Magenta Car Vehicle

Font

Vehicle Car Hood Glass Auto part

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Alloy wheel

See less See more
#4 ·
memo232 said:
Phew thats a relief lol, but one more thing. Is the engine the original angine? Because i've seen some that have Roush on the engine. N i thought stage one was v4 then stage 2 v6 them 3rd v8
Nope. The lowest engine is a v6. Roush doesn't change the engine. Normally, stage 2 & 3 are v8s with the stage 3 being supercharged.

#7 ·
SonicBoom239 said:
yeah it's a stage one...cosmetic...although those wheels kill the nice body lines of the kit...

as for the top end for a v6 and roush that's the 360r...
The 360r is a supercharged v8. The v6 was only offered as sport an stage1.

#13 ·
well from doing research the v6 was offered as a stage 1 & 2...you're correct on the 360r thing though...i was thinking the v6 was the 360r and the higher v8 stage 3 package was the 440a...but both are stage 3 options so my bad...good to know there were stage 2 v6's at least

#8 ·
93slowstang said:
They have stage 1 v8s too. Stage 1 is cosmetic.

V4? Really? Lol
Lol i read that **** on wikipedia. N so basically what i currently own is a normal mustang with a Roushe's body kit? N also im referring that because i bought my car by owner so im just wondering if he took the original roush engine n stick in a normal mustang one because i have seen motors from Roush mustangs dat got Roush inprinted on them.

#9 ·
memo232 said:
Lol i read that **** on wikipedia. N so basically what i currently own is a normal mustang with a Roushe's body kit? N also im referring that because i bought my car by owner so im just wondering if he took the original roush engine n stick in a normal mustang one because i have seen motors from Roush mustangs dat got Roush inprinted on them.
Roush doesn't touch the motors on a stage one, just body, wheels, and suspension.

#12 ·
memo232 said:
So my car has the same engine that a regular 03 mustang has?
Yeah they don't touch the engines on a stage one or two. A stage one Is only appearance I think. Stage 2 is appearance and suspension. Stage 3 is appearance motor work and suspension.

---------- Post added 12-25-2011 at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-24-2011 at 11:40 PM ----------

http://www.fnsweet.com/2002/02/1999-2003-roush-mustang-stage-1-overview/

This will help u too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.