ROUSH Info - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
ROUSH Info

OK so I have tried to search for this without creating another thread however I can't find anything. Is there a way to get all the Roush info specific to my VIN? I have tried the ford website where you enter your vin at the end of the address and you can see the original window sticker. I did that but it doesn't show anything about it being a ROUSH. any ideas?
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Re: ROUSH Info

What year is it?

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...icker.pdf?vin=

Put your vin # in after the = sign
Old 09-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

It's a 2008 427r
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattz400 View Post
It's a 2008 427r
Ok this info is for all ME members. This is totally free! If you would like to get a free build sheet for your mustang call the Ford customer service number I have listed below. When a CS agent answers tell them you own a mustang and would like to get a free build sheet. They will ask for the vin, your name and address. It will take about 2-3 weeks before you get it.

If the CS rep says you can also get it on our web site. Tell them you would rather do it over the phone. If you do it on their site, you have to pay for it.

Here's the info.

Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
United States
800-392-3673
800-232-5952 (TDD for the Hearing Impaired)
Available 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. Local Time (Central)
Monday-Friday
Old 09-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog

Ok this info is for all ME members. This is totally free! If you would like to get a free build sheet for your mustang call the Ford customer service number I have listed below. When a CS agent answers tell them you own a mustang and would like to get a free build sheet. They will ask for the vin, your name and address. It will take about 2-3 weeks before you get it.

If the CS rep says you can also get it on our web site. Tell them you would rather do it over the phone. If you do it on their site, you have to pay for it.

Here's the info.

Ford Motor Company
United States
800-392-3673
Monday-Friday
Thanks for the info maldog. Will that give me the ROUSH build sheet.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

It's based on any Ford vin they have manufactured. So I'm sure it doesn't matter if it's a Roush, V6 or GT.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's based on any Ford vin they have manufactured. So I'm sure it doesn't matter if it's a Roush, V6 or GT.
When I did the window sticker search from the factory I found the stock window sticker however that was before Roush got there hands on it.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
When I did the window sticker search from the factory I found the stock window sticker however that was before Roush got there hands on it.
My bad bro! You want the Roush specific information for yours. Ok

So go to this site and enter the las five vin of your Roush and it wil give you all the info for your Roush your looking for.

VIN Search
Old 09-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My bad bro! You want the Roush specific information for yours. Ok

So go to this site and enter the las five vin of your Roush and it wil give you all the info for your Roush your looking for.

VIN Search
I have used that one too. It's really limited information. It does confirm its a Roush but it really doesn't give much info. I am just curious as to what the car was when bought new. I think someone has removed pin stripping added a boost gauge things like that. I think I am just SOL. Thanks for the info though.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have used that one too. It's really limited information. It does confirm its a Roush but it really doesn't give much info. I am just curious as to what the car was when bought new. I think someone has removed pin stripping added a boost gauge things like that. I think I am just SOL. Thanks for the info though.
No problem.... I would do the factory build sheet and see what info you can get on that.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
The vin search thru roushperformance.com gives you the serial number. From there you can reach out to Roush and they can get you whatever you need. I'll take a few days in between the responses, but you'll get what you need.
02 360R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:18 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 360R
The vin search thru roushperformance.com gives you the serial number. From there you can reach out to Roush and they can get you whatever you need. I'll take a few days in between the responses, but you'll get what you need.
Thanks. I will see what I can get from them.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
+1. If a true Roush with plate under the hood noting the stage and serial number, they can easily look it up and get your info.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka

+1. If a true Roush with plate under the hood noting the stage and serial number, they can easily look it up and get your info.
True, but they will never have the vin. Only an idiot will go thru all of that to fool someone. I don't think they can get the label under the hood and in the door.
02 360R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

True, but they will never have the vin. Only an idiot will go thru all of that to fool someone. I don't think they can get the label under the hood and in the door.
I figured it out. One is a serial number the other is the build number. I assume the door sticker was from ford stating the serial number and the metal tag under the hood is Roush's build number.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattz400

I figured it out. One is a serial number the other is the build number. I assume the door sticker was from ford stating the serial number and the metal tag under the hood is Roush's build number.
Yup. But surprised the VIN didn't bring it all up since Roush explained to me that they receive the cars pre-title so they are sold with the title updated. I was trying to get them my car to build but said it was post-title so couldn't be deemed a true Roush. Oh well, my next car will either be a RS3 or Shelby from the start. For now, just having fun with the upgrades on mine.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yup. But surprised the VIN didn't bring it all up since Roush explained to me that they receive the cars pre-title so they are sold with the title updated. I was trying to get them my car to build but said it was post-title so couldn't be deemed a true Roush. Oh well, my next car will either be a RS3 or Shelby from the start. For now, just having fun with the upgrades on mine.
What all have you done to yours? That's the main reason I want all the info on my car. I would love to get 600rwhp however not sure how to get it there. I have looked at the vmp500 tuning kit but that won't even get me close. Ya got any ideas?
Old 09-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattz400

What all have you done to yours? That's the main reason I want all the info on my car. I would love to get 600rwhp however not sure how to get it there. I have looked at the vmp500 tuning kit but that won't even get me close. Ya got any ideas?
I'll have the tvs2300 stage 2 installed in a week from tomorrow. It should put 560+ HP at the rear wheels. After the warranty is up, I'll increase the boost and start upgrades internally on my engine and hope to hit 650+ HP at the rear.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:

I'll have the tvs2300 stage 2 installed in a week from tomorrow. It should put 560+ HP at the rear wheels. After the warranty is up, I'll increase the boost and start upgrades internally on my engine and hope to hit 650+ HP at the rear.
I doubt your factory motor will hold up to 500 plus to the wheels...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's awesome. What kinda $$ya looking at for a tvs2300stage 2?
Old 09-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn

I doubt your factory motor will hold up to 500 plus to the wheels...
It all depends on how I drive. Talking to Roush they said I "shouldn't" have any issues, but we'll find out. I'm not too worried but would rather not blow the engine. With their test stock '11 with the stage 2 not having any issues I trust they've done their homework on this one. If not, yeah I'll have some serious beef with them.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

Here's the info.

Ford Motor Company
United States
800-392-3673
Monday-Friday
Just called, this doesn't work anymore.

Now, one who does "not have internet access" can call another number.

Those people charge 20 for basic, 50 for detailed.

Number is 877 247 0195. No free option.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Just called, this doesn't work anymore.

Now, one who does "not have internet access" can call another number.

Those people charge 20 for basic, 50 for detailed.

Number is 877 247 0195. No free option.
WoW! It use to be free a few years ago

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang