Swap to a 5.0 roush - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Swap to a 5.0 roush

What would it take to go from a 3.8 v6 to a mustang roush.
I don't car about time and cost I just want to know what do I need to do.
Zinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: California
2 cylinders a supercharger and some suspension
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
2 cylinders a supercharger and some suspension
Hahaha, yup, that's basically it.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

So my friend is saling me his coyote for $3000 and do I do from there?
Old 12-06-2013, 12:24 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinc View Post
So my friend is saling me his coyote for $3000 and do I do from there?
Bro even then ur looking at well past 10g build.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

engine swap, supercharger, body kit , rear end, gears, suspension, transmission, wheels n tires, interior, plus install and misc. items

Roughly $15k go find a roush for 15k trade your v6 for $2k and have a real one... Much smarter and a whole lot less issues but it's your decision
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85 View Post
engine swap, supercharger, body kit , rear end, gears, suspension, transmission, wheels n tires, interior, plus install and misc. items Roughly $15k go find a roush for 15k trade your v6 for $2k and have a real one... Much smarter and a whole lot less issues but it's your decision
Forget about how much it would cost. I just want the engine part of it. I was thinking 5.0 coyote, 2013 roush stage 3 kit, cobra rear axle everything forged, and cobra rear axle, off road x pipe bbk headers then straight pipe it from there. Put the Mach 1 appearance of the cobra r hood. Cobra r front brakes, cobra terminator rear brakes. What boss 302 parts besides the intake can I put on the coyote?
Old 12-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

It won't be street legal with the coyote if you have obd2 testing...if your not worried about cost then buy the aluminator 5.0 the comes fully forged from ford racing then supercharge it...buy the cobra jet 9 inch rear end... Buy coil over suspension...buy the cobra body kit and a nice cowl hood....buy a tremec transmission install it all and you would have an amazing vehicle but if I were you I would just buy a cobra and call it a day...you can find low mile gt500s for 30k and 03/04 cobras for 25k
Old 12-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It won't be street legal with the coyote if you have obd2 testing...if your not worried about cost then buy the aluminator 5.0 the comes fully forged from ford racing then supercharge it...buy the cobra jet 9 inch rear end... Buy coil over suspension...buy the cobra body kit and a nice cowl hood....buy a tremec transmission install it all and you would have an amazing vehicle but if I were you I would just buy a cobra and call it a day...you can find low mile gt500s for 30k and 03/04 cobras for 25k
My grandpa has a gt500 and my uncle has a 04 cobra and so I'm going to make a sleeper roush phase 3 coyote. With a 6 speed
Old 12-09-2013, 11:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

well good luck...not worth it IMHO....but it's your money....that is if you can really afford this and aren't just putting up hypothetical scenarios...I hope you do it then post progress and post pics up it would be interesting
Old 12-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
well good luck...not worth it IMHO....but it's your money....that is if you can really afford this and aren't just putting up hypothetical scenarios...I hope you do it then post progress and post pics up it would be interesting
It will take some time I understands. It will take about at least 5 yrs bro. Cause I'm getting a 2013 5.0 next year, yes I know it's the same engine but one will be a sleeper. I will have the Mach 1 appearance on the sleeper
Old 12-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinc View Post
It will take some time I understands. It will take about at least 5 yrs bro. Cause I'm getting a 2013 5.0 next year, yes I know it's the same engine but one will be a sleeper. I will have the Mach 1 appearance on the sleeper
You'd be better off buying a termi engine, building it big KB SC and then doing all the swap over.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:11 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

not necessarily...termi engines are like 10k plus and that's with 50k plus miles....the coyote engines are like 8k and that's for the fully forged ones....add a a supercharger kit from Vmp for like 6k and you have a whole lot better of a engine making way more than the stock termi for the cost of the termi engine plus 2k....the aluminator will handle 1k horsepower based on my readings the stock termis will handle like 700 reliably

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

or you could really splurge and just get the 2014 supercharged cobra jet engine... But it's 28k lol
Old 12-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
not necessarily...termi engines are like 10k plus and that's with 50k plus miles....the coyote engines are like 8k and that's for the fully forged ones....add a a supercharger kit from Vmp for like 6k and you have a whole lot better of a engine making way more than the stock termi for the cost of the termi engine plus 2k....the aluminator will handle 1k horsepower based on my readings the stock termis will handle like 700 reliably

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

or you could really splurge and just get the 2014 supercharged cobra jet engine... But it's 28k lol
Recently the termi engine has been proven to handle 800.
But yes, but I've seen a termi total swap package for 13k online, can't remember the place, this included everything for the swap pretty much. Beside the small bolts etc, you need to go but yourself.
And isn't the new 5.0 need special work to fit inside the new edge?

And yes just say **** it and get the cobra jet
Old 12-10-2013, 12:35 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

none that I know...should just bolt up... May be problematic getting in but once it's in should just bolt up with stock k member...and yeah you would have to buy the 1300$ ecu and harness...that's y I said he might have inspection issues
Old 12-10-2013, 12:36 AM   #16
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
not necessarily...termi engines are like 10k plus and that's with 50k plus miles....the coyote engines are like 8k and that's for the fully forged ones....add a a supercharger kit from Vmp for like 6k and you have a whole lot better of a engine making way more than the stock termi for the cost of the termi engine plus 2k....the aluminator will handle 1k horsepower based on my readings the stock termis will handle like 700 reliably ---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ---------- or you could really splurge and just get the 2014 supercharged cobra jet engine... But it's 28k lol
Your looking in the wrong places. I've seen Termi swaps go for 5k for everything. Coyote engine alone is 6k

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:37 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
none that I know...should just bolt up... May be problematic getting in but once it's in should just bolt up with stock k member...and yeah you would have to buy the 1300$ ecu and harness...that's y I said he might have inspection issues
I bought my cobra for 15k... Lol, it's crazy my engine/tranny would cost that much fr him to buy.
Expensive build but to each their own
Old 12-10-2013, 12:37 AM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff

F it get an LQ9 and twin turbo that sucker.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:45 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
F it get an LQ9 and twin turbo that sucker.
Don't u dare.
I hate Chevy powered mustangs.
If u do that do a 331 stroker TT.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:02 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Your looking in the wrong places. I've seen Termi swaps go for 5k for everything. Coyote engine alone is 6k
Show me one termi engine for that price under 100k miles...please prove me wrong
Old 12-10-2013, 01:03 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Show me one termi engine for that price under 100k miles...please prove me wrong
Good luck. Lol. Very very very very good luck.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Why not sell your v6, buy a used Roush Stage 3, and mod the appearance to look like a Mach 1? I just bought my 2001 Roush Stage 3 for 11.4k.
MustangDJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Well you guys sure are helpful. OP I would hop on SVTP and search there, I know there are plenty of new edge Coyote swap build threads on there.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang