Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft Installed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft Installed

Had my mechanic (with lift) install the Dynotech 3 1/2 inch aluminum driveshaft today. At the same time he installed the Stifflers driveshaft safety loop. He said everything went smooth with no drilling and no problems.

I drove the car about 30 miles after the install and if anything the car seems smoother. With my Roush 625 HP upgrade and now the aluminum driveshaft the car feels like it has more seat of the pants power and quicker engine response. I am very happy with the upgrades that I have chosen so far and would do it all again in a minute.

Scotty in Seattle
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040242 (640x360).jpg
Views:	237
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	153618   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040243 (640x360).jpg
Views:	404
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	153619  

2013 Roush Stage 3 #13-0970, Roush Phase 3 675 HP upgrade. Dynotech 3 1/2 inch Aluminum Driveshaft, Stifflers Driveshaft Safety Loop, JLT Oil Separator, Track Package, X Brace Rear Seat Delete, Roush 20" Hyper Black Wheels, Roush trunk tool kit
Scotty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty 1 View Post
Had my mechanic (with lift) install the Dynotech 3 1/2 inch aluminum driveshaft today. At the same time he installed the Stifflers driveshaft safety loop. He said everything went smooth with no drilling and no problems.

I drove the car about 30 miles after the install and if anything the car seems smoother. With my Roush 625 HP upgrade and now the aluminum driveshaft the car feels like it has more seat of the pants power and quicker engine response. I am very happy with the upgrades that I have chosen so far and would do it all again in a minute.

Scotty in Seattle

Curious

Did you get the optional warranty with the supercharger
and what kind of coverage does Roush offer ?
TrackPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackPak View Post
Curious

Did you get the optional warranty with the supercharger
and what kind of coverage does Roush offer ?
I believe the 625 hp kit voids the regular new car warranty...It comes with a 3 year/36,000 mile ROUSH parts only warranty. How much warranty/coverage that would give me if something went wrong I am not sure. That is why I went with the conservative Roush tune and not one of the more powerful.
2013 Roush Stage 3 #13-0970, Roush Phase 3 675 HP upgrade. Dynotech 3 1/2 inch Aluminum Driveshaft, Stifflers Driveshaft Safety Loop, JLT Oil Separator, Track Package, X Brace Rear Seat Delete, Roush 20" Hyper Black Wheels, Roush trunk tool kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 08:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Awesome, thanks for the writeup! One of my next mods.
ObsessiveDetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

So a good running Stock 5.0 (like mine) runs anywhere between a 12.5 to a 12.7

So what kinna 1/4 mile time is your car now running ?
Old 04-11-2014, 10:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So a good running Stock 5.0 (like mine) runs anywhere between a 12.5 to a 12.7

So what kinna 1/4 mile time is your car now running ?
Those are pretty good times for a stock 5.0........I have not had this car on the track..I would have to find some pretty good tires to hook this car up at the strip. I plan on tracking (road course) this car in a couple months
Old 04-11-2014, 10:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty 1 View Post
Those are pretty good times for a stock 5.0........I have not had this car on the track..I would have to find some pretty good tires to hook this car up at the strip. I plan on tracking (road course) this car in a couple months

Yea the Base GT's ordered with only the track pak are real Street Heroes
and weigh almost 100lbs lighter when equipped with the cloth Recaros and No premium options, Not even a spare tire is offered >
Plus their suspension is dialed in better. ~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~

So have you noticed any Nose Heavy handling issues because of the extra weight up front ?
About 80lbs I believe
Old 04-12-2014, 12:39 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea the Base GT's ordered with only the track pak are real Street Heroes
and weigh almost 100lbs lighter when equipped with the cloth Recaros and No premium options, Not even a spare tire is offered >
Plus their suspension is dialed in better. ~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~

So have you noticed any Nose Heavy handling issues because of the extra weight up front ?
About 80lbs I believe
Right now the car feels really tight. I think the rear seat x brace makes it feel that way. I have not noticed a nose heavy feeling yet but will find out on the track. I had a 2012 Boss 302 before this car and went through the Miller track training program and also tracked my own Boss. It will be very interesting to compare the two cars..... Here is a picture of the two cars..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8570.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	153652   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Roush 008 (380x214).jpg
Views:	155
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	153653  

Old 05-06-2014, 01:29 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Today I installed a Dynotech 3.5" aluminum driveshaft, a BMR driveshaft safety loop, and a whiteline transmission bushing on my 2013 RS3. The aluminum driveshaft made a pretty huge and noticeable difference. The car feels noticeably lighter from removing the rotating mass. The acceleration is improved and the car rips the tires loose even easier than it did before. After pulling out the stock shaft, I am glad I got rid of it. The stock shaft is heavy, two-piece, and looks weak for the car, it does not look like it belongs in a performance car and I think over time would be risky to leave in, especially if tracking the car. The BMR safety loop is very high quality as all of BMR products are and installed easily. The whiteline transmission bushing took an extra 2 minutes to install while everything was apart and made a difference in the stability of the transmission. Now with the Barton shifter, 2 post bracket, and the whiteline bushing, the transmission is rock solid and is the way it should be from the factory. The only downside from this install is the increased NVH. The drivetrain noise is noticeably louder, but not annoying. I believe most of the additional noise is from the bushing but I believe the effect it has on the transmission is worth it. After all, this is a performance car with loud exhaust and isn't supposed to be as quiet as a Benz or BMW. This install made a great difference and most importantly the car is noticeably quicker and safer as a result, worth the coin invested.
2013 Roush Stage 3 M6 Roush CAI, 82mm pulley, ID1000's, KB BAP, Vossen CV3 20x9-20x10.5, Michelin Pilot SS, Lethal O/R X, GT500 axleback, Barton Shifter with 2-post bracket, Clutch Line Upgrade, Boss Trans Cooler, Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, BMR Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline Trans Bushing, BMR LCA's with Relo Brackets, Adjustable Panhard Bar, GT500 STB, Steeda X-Brace, Steeda rear sway, JLT Oil Separator, GT500 Diff Cover, Afco Heat Exchanger, 170* T-stat, Tint, RP Fluids, aeroforce interceptors///688rwhp 605lb/ft torque cornfed
Camron502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:43 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats on the new driveshaft mods. Makes me want to do it too.
Sakol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Camron

I love all the changes and additions you have made to your car. You have one cool car. When looking at your signature I noticed that you have Michelin Pilot tires. What happened to the stock Cooper Zeon tires and why did you change. Is it just preference or did you find some kind of comparison test report. I would be interested to find out how the stock Cooper tires on our cars stack up against some of the other summer performance tires.

Scotty in Seattle
Old 05-07-2014, 08:04 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I swapped my wheels to go with staggered fitment wider wheels with a concave style. I went with a 9 inch wheel in the front with a 10.5 inch wheel in the rear so I could go with wider tires in the rear (295's' but can go up to 305's no problem) and get the concave wheel look. I had no issues with the stock cooper rs3 tires but I have to say the michelin pilot super sports are amazing. The stock wheel at 9.5 inches wide really limits how wide of a tire you can go on the rear, and didn't have the offset for the look I wanted. The car now looks far better, has a better stance, and hooks up better with the wider/lighter wheels and tires. Hope this helps.

-Cameron
2013 Roush Stage 3 M6 Roush CAI, 82mm pulley, ID1000's, KB BAP, Vossen CV3 20x9-20x10.5, Michelin Pilot SS, Lethal O/R X, GT500 axleback, Barton Shifter with 2-post bracket, Clutch Line Upgrade, Boss Trans Cooler, Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, BMR Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline Trans Bushing, BMR LCA's with Relo Brackets, Adjustable Panhard Bar, GT500 STB, Steeda X-Brace, Steeda rear sway, JLT Oil Separator, GT500 Diff Cover, Afco Heat Exchanger, 170* T-stat, Tint, RP Fluids, aeroforce interceptors///688rwhp 605lb/ft torque cornfed
Camron502 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang