Roush Seats vs Recaro Seats - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Roush Seats vs Recaro Seats

I am looking at a Stage 3 Roush. I currently have Recaros and love them.The Roush I am looking has the Roush seats. Can anyone tell me if they are comfortable.

I have a pretty bad back and the Recaro seats have been about the only way I can drive for more than a hr without pain. My wife has a new Cadillac (I know wrong manufacturer, but that is what she wanted) and I can't drive it more than a hour without pretty severe pain.

Don't want to spend that kind of cash and not be happy with the seats.

Thanks
sarge450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Hi Sarge

I had the Recaros in my 2012 Boss 302. Of course they were manually adjustable. That is one of the reasons that I switched to the Stage 3 Roush. I wanted all the goodies that the Boss did not offer. I like my Roush power seats and when I drove it 900 miles home from Utah I did not notice a big loss in being comfortable. Good luck with your decision.

Scotty in Seattle
2013 Roush Stage 3 #13-0970, Roush Phase 3 675 HP upgrade. Dynotech 3 1/2 inch Aluminum Driveshaft, Stifflers Driveshaft Safety Loop, JLT Oil Separator, Track Package, X Brace Rear Seat Delete, Roush 20" Hyper Black Wheels, Roush trunk tool kit
Scotty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Scotty, I am going for it. The seats have side bolsters so I am sure they will be better than my wife's car. Again thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2014, 07:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, bringing this one back to the top. I bought the car and have been happy with the seats as far as comfort, but still want the recaros. Did a performance driving school a few weeks ago and was really struggling to stay in my seat and off the door in some of the high speed turns.

Now the problem is I can't find the recaros aftermarket in anything but cloth. Would really like to match the leather/sued seats I have now. Looked some other aftermarket seats that I can get to closely match the backseat but don't want to fight the airbag light when I do away with the side curtain bags in the seats.

Any ideas ?? Thanks for any advice

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 04-08-2015, 11:01 PM   #5

Region: Arizona
I have a 2010 Roush, I drove from PHX to San Antonio in 1 day. They are comfortable I can verify.. But if you're planning on doing a lot of laps the Recaros are definitely better around the track.
So you bought the Roush and are going to put Recaros in the Stage 3? I thought they hurt your back?
ande7856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

No, the Recaros don't hurt my back at all. They are actually much more comfortable. I am still running the stock Roush seats for now, short of having a upholstery shop make new covers I have came up empty looking for seats that will match the back seat.

Probably just going to continue to run the stock seats. I have a set of Recaros in my other Mustang have considered taking them to have them redone just haven't got to that point yet.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang