Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Roush Seats vs Recaro Seats

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  sarge450 
#1 · (Edited)
I am looking at a Stage 3 Roush. I currently have Recaros and love them.The Roush I am looking has the Roush seats. Can anyone tell me if they are comfortable.

I have a pretty bad back and the Recaro seats have been about the only way I can drive for more than a hr without pain. My wife has a new Cadillac (I know wrong manufacturer, but that is what she wanted) and I can't drive it more than a hour without pretty severe pain.

Don't want to spend that kind of cash and not be happy with the seats.

Thanks

#2 ·
Hi Sarge

I had the Recaros in my 2012 Boss 302. Of course they were manually adjustable. That is one of the reasons that I switched to the Stage 3 Roush. I wanted all the goodies that the Boss did not offer. I like my Roush power seats and when I drove it 900 miles home from Utah I did not notice a big loss in being comfortable. Good luck with your decision.

Scotty in Seattle

#4 ·
Ok, bringing this one back to the top. I bought the car and have been happy with the seats as far as comfort, but still want the recaros. Did a performance driving school a few weeks ago and was really struggling to stay in my seat and off the door in some of the high speed turns.

Now the problem is I can't find the recaros aftermarket in anything but cloth. Would really like to match the leather/sued seats I have now. Looked some other aftermarket seats that I can get to closely match the backseat but don't want to fight the airbag light when I do away with the side curtain bags in the seats.

Any ideas ?? Thanks for any advice

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#5 ·
I have a 2010 Roush, I drove from PHX to San Antonio in 1 day. They are comfortable I can verify.. But if you're planning on doing a lot of laps the Recaros are definitely better around the track.
So you bought the Roush and are going to put Recaros in the Stage 3? I thought they hurt your back?

#6 ·
No, the Recaros don't hurt my back at all. They are actually much more comfortable. I am still running the stock Roush seats for now, short of having a upholstery shop make new covers I have came up empty looking for seats that will match the back seat.

Probably just going to continue to run the stock seats. I have a set of Recaros in my other Mustang have considered taking them to have them redone just haven't got to that point yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.