Roush Boost Gauge - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2014, 11:25 PM   #1

Region: Florida
Roush Boost Gauge

Okay guys, I'm putting a boost gauge in my RS3 cause apparently the dealer didn't think it was an important option to have... Found where to hook the boost line up and know what fitting and all to get.

I have a few questions about the wiring though... I've seen you can run the wires across the car to the passenger side fuse box and hook a jumper line up to power the red wire and your daytime color wire. I want to do white in the day and blue at night so I need to know where to hook the blue wire up. I was also wondering if there is a closer place, like directly in your light knob, to hook the 12v wire so I don't have to run stuff all over the car. I'd really be interested in seeing how Roush wires it up from the factory if anyone knows.

Was also curious if you can set the gauge up with your dimmer switch. I saw a picture of a guys at night and man it seemed really bright. Would be nice if you could wire it into your gauge's dimmer.

Thanks in advance for the info.
Zevox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2014, 04:56 PM   #2

It connects to the park light. If you go to Roush Performance and find the gauge you will see install instructions.

http://www.roushperformance.com/part...-inch-LED.html

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
JERCOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:00 PM   #3

Thanks bud. I have those instructions in the box already, guess I'll look around for some wiring diagrams for the car to see where to find everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I got mine hooked up to be white when I turn on key and blue when I turn on my lights.. I tried the dimmer switch but it switches back to white.. If you look at the pic of the main harness just above the brown/red wire there is a grey/purple wire.. You splice your red and white wire together from the gauge to that wire. You wire the blue wire from the gauge to the small purple/grey wire on your headlight switch (the pic was from when I was testing). The wires on the main wiring harness are driver side off to the left..mine are spliced in for a security system I have. Contact me if you have any other questions.

Sent from my XT1254 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1418358887717.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	171622  
martinzusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Headlight switch

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1418359795698.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	171623  
Old 12-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Looking at the pic it is not showing the wire very well.. It is not the smaller wire off to the left...it is the wire right above that Brown/red one.. The pink wire in the photo is spliced into mine.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I can email you a video if that will help too
Old 12-12-2014, 06:14 AM   #8

I've got it all wired up and it's working okay. I put the red and white wires to a fuse jump in the passenger lock panel. I spliced the blue one into the same wire you did for the headlight switch. It just doesn't work when I use auto headlamps. I called Roush and the guy said that was normal... think I'm going to rewire it to be blue all the time.

Thanks a bunch for all the info man. Would have been nice to wire it all close like that and not run a wire across the car, haha.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang