No supercharger Whine on 14 roush.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
No supercharger Whine on 14 roush..

We'll I might sound stupid but I've always wonder why don't the newer roush 13-14 cars have the amazing whine on them. I read some where else that it might be the stock intake any other ideas.?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
liridonroushrs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2014, 03:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
The 13-14 Roush Stage 3 as well as 13-14 GT500 come with a 2.3 liter TVS supercharger. The design of the TVS is so efficient that they do not have that whine that you are used to hearing from the older Eaton M90 blowers or even the Kenne Bell/Whipple blowers. I absolutely love a loud blower whine as most do but you simply can't get the TVS to whine like some other blowers.

There are a few ways to increase the whine on the TVS but it will never be as loud as what you probably want.

1. An open air cold air intake (Roush or JLT)
2. Smaller blower pulley (smaller pulley will spin faster and make more boost which will increase the whine, the smaller the pulley the louder the whine... Pulleys range from 90mm to 69mm, your car came stock with an 85mm)
3. I have heard the VMP ported elbow will slightly increase whine but I have no experience with it.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
2013 Roush Stage 3 M6 Roush CAI, 82mm pulley, ID1000's, KB BAP, Vossen CV3 20x9-20x10.5, Michelin Pilot SS, Lethal O/R X, GT500 axleback, Barton Shifter with 2-post bracket, Clutch Line Upgrade, Boss Trans Cooler, Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, BMR Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline Trans Bushing, BMR LCA's with Relo Brackets, Adjustable Panhard Bar, GT500 STB, Steeda X-Brace, Steeda rear sway, JLT Oil Separator, GT500 Diff Cover, Afco Heat Exchanger, 170* T-stat, Tint, RP Fluids, aeroforce interceptors///688rwhp 605lb/ft torque cornfed
Camron502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:58 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron502 View Post
The 13-14 Roush Stage 3 as well as 13-14 GT500 come with a 2.3 liter TVS supercharger. The design of the TVS is so efficient that they do not have that whine that you are used to hearing from the older Eaton M90 blowers or even the Kenne Bell/Whipple blowers. I absolutely love a loud blower whine as most do but you simply can't get the TVS to whine like some other blowers.

There are a few ways to increase the whine on the TVS but it will never be as loud as what you probably want.

1. An open air cold air intake (Roush or JLT)
2. Smaller blower pulley (smaller pulley will spin faster and make more boost which will increase the whine, the smaller the pulley the louder the whine... Pulleys range from 90mm to 69mm, your car came stock with an 85mm)
3. I have heard the VMP ported elbow will slightly increase whine but I have no experience with it.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

Thank you that helped a lot... If I get a Jlt intake wouldn't have to tune the car.?. Sorry this is my first super charged car.. I was a M3 guy before this..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2014, 04:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yes you will need a tune. Just those 2 mods, the intake and tune, and you will see a HUGE difference in power and throttle response, I'm talking 60+ rwhp. Figure out what your power goals are and it's probably best to go with one of the power packages from a reputable vendor/tuner. Let me know if you need any recommendations.
2013 Roush Stage 3 M6 Roush CAI, 82mm pulley, ID1000's, KB BAP, Vossen CV3 20x9-20x10.5, Michelin Pilot SS, Lethal O/R X, GT500 axleback, Barton Shifter with 2-post bracket, Clutch Line Upgrade, Boss Trans Cooler, Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft, BMR Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline Trans Bushing, BMR LCA's with Relo Brackets, Adjustable Panhard Bar, GT500 STB, Steeda X-Brace, Steeda rear sway, JLT Oil Separator, GT500 Diff Cover, Afco Heat Exchanger, 170* T-stat, Tint, RP Fluids, aeroforce interceptors///688rwhp 605lb/ft torque cornfed
Old 12-19-2014, 04:09 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes you will need a tune. Just those 2 mods, the intake and tune, and you will see a HUGE difference in power and throttle response, I'm talking 60+ rwhp. Figure out what your power goals are and it's probably best to go with one of the power packages from a reputable vendor/tuner. Let me know if you need any recommendations.
I got a friend who has a hand held tuner I will see if it is a good brand but then if I tune it my Warrenty goes the door right.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:19 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

An SCT X3 or X4 is really the only option to tune these cars but that is just the necessary hardware, you will have to purchase the tune itself from a tuner.

As for the warranty, that is a highly debated topic and I really don't want to open that can of worms in this thread. My stance is no it will not void your warranty unless whatever failure you have can be undoubtedly related to and caused by the tune that was installed in the car and Ford can prove that. Also, if a failure occurs the car can be returned to stock by removing the tune and it is very difficult for Ford to see that the car was previously tuned especially because the Roush Stage 3 cars already come tuned by Roush when the supercharger is installed. Many will argue against that but at the end of the day it's your car and your choice and if warranty is a huge concern for you then leave the car stock but just know you are leaving a TON of potential power on the table because your Roush tune is extremely conservative.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:21 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
An SCT X3 or X4 is really the only option to tune these cars but that is just the necessary hardware, you will have to purchase the tune itself from a tuner.

As for the warranty, that is a highly debated topic and I really don't want to open that can of worms in this thread. My stance is no it will not void your warranty unless whatever failure you have can be undoubtedly related to and caused by the tune that was installed in the car and Ford can prove that. Also, if a failure occurs the car can be returned to stock by removing the tune and it is very difficult for Ford to see that the car was previously tuned especially because the Roush Stage 3 cars already come tuned by Roush when the supercharger is installed. Many will argue against that but at the end of the day it's your car and your choice and if warranty is a huge concern for you then leave the car stock but just know you are leaving a TON of potential power on the table because your Roush tune is extremely conservative.

Thanks I will let you know what happens.

Old 12-19-2014, 05:42 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
The VMP tvs with open air box and 82mm whines like a
Mother ****er!!

WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
On my 10 Stage 3 I ran a JLT intake, smaller pulley, and tune. The blower wine was still pretty much non-existent.
RoushStage3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang