Roush stage 3 used please help - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-31-2015, 03:01 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Only met one coyote owner who wasn't an ******* about "a coyotes superiority." And his car would be the only 5.0 gt I'd consider owning. I've noticed it's getting almost as bad as the gtr fanboys...
Just wondering why they are attacking other mustang owners that have a different engine in their car

Be the type of person who leaves a mark, not a scar

Also, if you have ever read the book of mice and men , Steinbeck the author wanted to teach the powerful people of the 1930 society not too treat others poorly; because there not as good or powerful as you. Mainly because during his time upperclass people would treat the working class poorly, Just because they can and it makes them feel better. It's basically the same logic here "some" and I quote "some" of the 5.0 member will put the other engines down; basically just because they can, and it makes them feel superior.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
cozny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2015, 03:07 PM   #37
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozny View Post
Also, if you have ever read the book of mice and men , Steinbeck the author wanted to teach the powerful people of the 1930 society not too treat others poorly; because there not as good or powerful as you. Mainly because during his time upperclass people would treat the working class poorly, Just because they can and it makes them feel better. It's basically the same logic here "some" and I quote "some" of the 5.0 member will put the other engines down; basically just because they can, and it makes them feel superior.

I've read it...
Another way of putting it is the golden rule...
But as you said compare it to a Shelby 1000 and I bet they'd still say it's better...

Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:23 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dirt 222 View Post
I just want to take it out and drive it on weekends. car shows things like that. I like to look of the car.

I would go ahead and get the roush. There both great cars obviously, but the 5.0's best advantage is its worst disadvantage, reason why is because there phenomenal cars, but because of that everyone in the world wants to buy one, thus they can't hold their value. (This is called the mustang curse lol) Just make sure and get a warranty if your worried about something going wrong it! But for shows the roush is hands down better you can't debate that. Reason why is again 5.0's are everywhere there a very common car ,because everyone likes them soo much ,but without putting some money into it it's just going to be a plain Jain 5.0. Also the rousch is obviously going to hold its value much better if you keep it for 5-10 years, compared to the 5.0. The roush won't be as good of a track car but let's be honest here, their both stupidly fast.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2015, 04:38 PM   #39
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
That's kinda of funny, because I feel like "some of" the 5.0 guys feel like there fastest thing in the universe. literally you could take a shelby 1000 and compare it to a 5.0 ;and I feel like their so blinded that they would have to say their 5.0 is Better. What my point is it's annoying how the 5.0 member love to pick on the lower class members (like the v6) but say the 1% comes along and says their car is better than a 5.0; all hell will break as the 5.0 guys try to convince them there 5.0 is better than anything they have... But whatever what do I know I only own a cheap 2003 v6 just how I feel; and its Just my .2 nothing more. Im not trying to start anything here it's just annoying getting those guys all over v6 section and saying how stupidly slow their are and theirs nothing they can do... Etc (but whatever I only own a cheap 2003 v6) it's basically nothing compared to these cars. Also I love the 5.0 it's a great car I just feel like "some" and I quote some; of the members feel faster than anything no matter what. Thanks for reading my basically worthless .2 lol.

Well I don't own a 5.0 so...

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:56 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
That's fine and all, but stop getting upset when people say modded gt's will outrun your 10 stage 3. You were such a dick about it above. Acting like your Roush is the fastest thing alive.

That doesent matter, my point is that the "some" of the 5.0 guys love to put every ones else car down, and this thread is a small example of it. I quote you when you said "stop thinking your roush is the fastest thing alive".... Is that not basically what some of the 5.0 members are all about,they think it's the most amazing thing on the planet.. So much you could take any car on the world and compare it to the 5.0 and they will still find something to make "their" 5.0 seem better, or they make the lame excuse of well I can put x amount of dollars in and then I would win.. Well that's great but you could put x amount of dollars in another car too and still lose.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:09 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Quote:
That doesent matter, my point is that the "some" of the 5.0 guys love to put every ones else car down, and this thread is a small example of it. I quote you when you said "stop thinking your roush is the fastest thing alive".... Is that not basically what some of the 5.0 members are all about,they think it's the most amazing thing on the planet.. So much you could take any car on the world and compare it to the 5.0 and they will still find something to make "their" 5.0 seem better, or they make the lame excuse of well I can put x amount of dollars in and then I would win.. Well that's great but you could put x amount of dollars in another car too and still lose.

I see what you're saying. But personally I've never noticed that from 5.0 owners. I certainly wasn't like that when I had a 5.0

Do you think there is just a little bit of jealousy from 4.6 or v6 owners that make them feel that way? I could be way wrong, or just not observant enough.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:43 PM   #42
Registered Member

Regular

Roush stage 3 used please help

Quote:
I see what you're saying. But personally I've never noticed that from 5.0 owners. I certainly wasn't like that when I had a 5.0

Do you think there is just a little bit of jealousy from 4.6 or v6 owners that make them feel that way? I could be way wrong, or just not observant enough.

That could be a possibility. This is coming from a 4.6 owner, I have absolutely no desire to own a coyote mustang. Honestly I like my car a lot more than any 5.0 I've seen/driven. My cars fast, handles great, sounds awesome, and looks absolutely stunning. I constantly have people complementing my car at gas stations, my shop, and car shows. Truth be told I'm looking for a second 4.6 mustang. I'm not a 4.6 junky, but my favorite newer mustangs have 4.6s in them. Would I put a coyote in my car given the chance, no. I see absolutely no reason to, there isn't anything wrong with my engine. Yes, the 5.0 can make more power, but I'm not racing so I don't really care. Plus I really hate how raspy a 5.0 sounds with a full exhaust upgrade, and not a fan of the 10-14 mustang body style.
Just my .02 as a 4.6 owner on the subject.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:05 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:

I've noticed it from some people on here and I'm like everyone else. I think my car is fast. Notice I said "I THINK" and that's all that matters is what we think about our own cars. Yeah, so what if this is better than that. Oh well, that's why you choose what you put into your car as far as
Mods go. You're not gonna mod
Your car how someone else thinks you should. It's not theirs. Yes you should take advice from people like I did because some are more
Knowledgable, but don't buy something just because they tell u to, pick what you think will suit you best. If you want a roush get a roush. If you want a Shelby then buy a Shelby. Get what u want not what joe blow says to buy.

WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:17 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's on a lot of the lower member sections, v6 and older gt's. What bugs me is when member ask for help and they want to know what they should do next in their fun scheme of modding. And some 5.0 member will come along and tell them basically everything they do on their car is pretty worthless because they could never beat a coyote, and that bugs me because there comment was completely worthless when the person asking was never comparing. Also people just comment sell it and buy a coyote and while this may be a better choice you have to stop and think; If they could buy a better model in the first place they probobly would. Or I've seen this most commonly When members with a v6, or older gt who have a lot of pride in their car and they love it and are showing it to people on here . someone with a 5.0 feels like their compelled to say how much better their 5.0 is and will tell them how slow they ,and how terrible their car is to a 5.0. And to me that's just degrading especially when there are lower class members who have slower cars and are proud of their cars. To me someone who has it better financially will come and basically rub their 5.0 in their face; because their vehicle is so much better. And how there is nothing that they could do to make it as good as a 5.0. (And that may be true) but to me "some" 5.0 members do a great job of rubbing that in and making members feel bad.

And Ya I think their obviously is jealousy from the not as lucky members that's just obvious. But no I just hate seeing other members being put down because their not on the 5.0 train; for financial issues mainly. But Honestly I wouldn't trade my little 2003 v6 for a 5.0 and that's because I love my car so much and have a lot of pride/work in it; also it fits me well I don't need/can't handle that much power let alone while the car is in stock form.(I don't street race or race at a strip or track) so my car is enough for me easily. And what I'm
Saying here isn't to not have pride, in the 5.0's, their about the best mustang we all know that! Just don't let that pride destroy the pride of others members who are not as fortunate as you. (Unless their being complete retards and trying to compete with you then it's a whole different ball field)

Old 01-31-2015, 11:22 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
It's on a lot of the lower member sections, v6 and older gt's. What bugs me is when member ask for help and they want to know what they should do next in their fun scheme of modding. And some 5.0 member will come along and tell them basically everything they do on their car is pretty worthless because they could never beat a coyote, and that bugs me because there comment was completely worthless when the person asking was never comparing. Also people just comment sell it and buy a coyote and while this may be a better choice you have to stop and think; If they could buy a better model in the first place they probobly would. Or I've seen this most commonly When members with a v6, or older gt who have a lot of pride in their car and they love it and are showing it to people on here . someone with a 5.0 feels like their compelled to say how much better their 5.0 is and will tell them how slow they ,and how terrible their car is to a 5.0. And to me that's just degrading especially when there are lower class members who have slower cars and are proud of their cars. To me someone who has it better financially will come and basically rub their 5.0 in their face; because their vehicle is so much better. And how there is nothing that they could do to make it as good as a 5.0. (And that may be true) but to me "some" 5.0 members do a great job of rubbing that in and making members feel bad.

And Ya I think their obviously is jealousy from the not as lucky members that's just obvious. But no I just hate seeing other members being put down because their not on the 5.0 train; for financial issues mainly. But Honestly I wouldn't trade my little 2003 v6 for a 5.0 and that's because I love my car so much and have a lot of pride/work in it; also it fits me well I don't need/can't handle that much power let alone while the car is in stock form.(I don't street race or race at a strip or track) so my car is enough for me easily. And what I'm
Saying here isn't to not have pride, in the 5.0's, their about the best mustang we all know that! Just don't let that pride destroy the pride of others members who are not as fortunate as you. (Unless their being complete retards and trying to compete with you then it's a whole different ball field)

Exactly. Not everyone wants to have the best and fastest of everything. Some people love their car that they made their own in their own way. Who gives a crap if it isn't as good as what the other guy has. I have a 5.0. But it's no better than your car. They're all mustangs and this is a forum for all mustangs. Not 5.0s.

WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:29 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Have any of you ever heard of Dragstrips and Timeslips, let your mouth do the talking and not the whining!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1422793503.533877.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	174643Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1422793543.528749.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	174644Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1422793588.852808.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	174645

[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Landspeedracer
Landspeedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:31 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Try Drag Strips and Time Slips and settle like real gear heads

Landspeedracer
Old 02-01-2015, 05:07 PM   #48
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landspeedracer View Post
Try Drag Strips and Time Slips and settle like real gear heads

Landspeedracer

Well I'm not a real gear head so...

Those are some cool vintage pics though.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Jack and I used to be friends. I have about twelve years of Nascar Crew Member licenses framed that Jack got from me from around 1990 until 2001 when I developed serious heart problems. I still have a closet full of Roush Racing sweaters, jackets and shirts that he would bring you the track. I have a rubber made tub with probably 2000 pretty good pictures that I took in the garage and pit area.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	174694  
Old 02-01-2015, 05:55 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

I am starting to get the hang of posting pictures but that should have been four of them
Old 02-01-2015, 05:59 PM   #51
Road Trip!

Is that your new edge? Looks nice!

Old 02-01-2015, 06:14 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

I will try again:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	174701  
Old 02-01-2015, 06:41 PM   #53
Road Trip!

Chevy? Wtf

Old 02-01-2015, 06:45 PM   #54
Registered Member

Regular

What's wrong with Chevy?

Is it because it's not an blue oval?

Old 02-01-2015, 06:55 PM   #55
Road Trip!

Chevy? Wtf

Old 02-01-2015, 06:56 PM   #56
Road Trip!

I'm kidding. I like Chevy and dodge just as much as ford.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:01 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Two Corvettes and that is a 55,000 mile 03 SS Silverado with 500 HP that I am going to sell.
Each time I have posted one picture it was supposed to have been four of my Mustang.
When I click on manage attachments and I upload an existing picture am I to click on submit or Post The Reply? I upload four pictures and only the last one post.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Two Corvettes and that is a 55,000 mile 03 SS Silverado with 500 HP that I am going to sell.
Each time I have posted one picture it was supposed to have been four of my Mustang.
When I click on manage attachments and I upload an existing picture am I to click on submit or Post The Reply? I upload four pictures and only the last one post.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:06 PM   #58
Registered Member

Regular

What type of corvettes?

Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:07 PM   #59
Road Trip!

I'm kidding. I like Chevy and dodge just as much as ford.

Old 03-29-2015, 06:22 PM   #60

Region: Louisiana
All I can say is WOW ...are these forums supposed to be to help each other with advice. My first post to read was of three guys arguing about whose car is better and they are all mustangs!!! Have a little class. All car enthusiasts have a love for cars who cares if mine is faster than yours , there is ALWAYS a faster car out there...
Chill out car dudes...

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
gary12000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:56 PM   #61
Registered Member

Regular

People with bad cases of superiority complex, such a shame...
Which there are always those type of people that are ******** to everyone else, just because they have a different engine in their car...
Wonder what it will be like when the coyote becomes obsolete or replaced with a better engine...

Adventure till you drop
Old 03-29-2015, 07:21 PM   #62
Road Trip!

Quote:
Wonder what it will be like when the coyote becomes obsolete or replaced with a better engine...

Adventure till you drop

Those ******** will upgrade

Old 03-29-2015, 07:22 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Chevy's suck!! Lol just kidding Landspeedracer can post whatever he wants and that is fine by me! Anybody who is friends with Jack Roush is cool with me!

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:27 PM   #64
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Those ******** will upgrade

Great...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
Chevy's suck!! Lol just kidding Landspeedracer can post whatever he wants and that is fine by me! Anybody who is friends with Jack Roush is cool with me!

Really? If it's American it's cool...

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1427675237.431651.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	178687

Adventure till you drop
Old 03-29-2015, 07:29 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
People with bad cases of superiority complex, such a shame...
Which there are always those type of people that are ******** to everyone else, just because they have a different engine in their car...

Adventure till you drop

I will say this too...people with INFERIORITY complexes start just as many of these arguments if not more. Life's short...Drive a Coyote! Lol

Old 03-29-2015, 07:31 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Great...

Really? If it's American it's cool...
Attachment 178687

Adventure till you drop

I was just kidding! I like the older GM stuff I just have had too many issues with their modern stuff!

Old 03-29-2015, 07:34 PM   #67
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I was just kidding! I like the older GM stuff I just have had too many issues with their modern stuff!

I was just messing with ya...
It's alright I know they have issues, just like everyone else...

Adventure till you drop
Old 03-29-2015, 07:48 PM   #68
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I will say this too...people with INFERIORITY complexes start just as many of these arguments if not more. Life's short...Drive a Coyote! Lol

Very true, that double edged sword and what not...
I'd get a 11 GT/CS grabber blue manual, if I could find one, they look great, for a 10 and up...

Adventure till you drop
Old 03-30-2015, 04:15 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Back to what I said " Have you ever heard of dragstrips and time slips ", I am not around too many 5.0 owners discussing the superiority of their cars over 4.6 or the V6 but one thing I have noticed about most anyone with a scary fast car, they are scared of them. I have a friend with a 4,000 mile 07 GT 500. When he drives it no matter how clear the road he gets on it hard, for all of 3 seconds and then completely off the accelerator and he will look at you with a big grin and say "Did you feel that spin"? In May at Paradise Dragstrip in Calhoun, Ga. Which when it was built 53 yrs. ago as a 1/4 mile track and Mr. Timms the builder and owner still in the year of their 50TH Anniversary passed away in March I think but his Wife and two sons one or two Daughters, Grandchildren, Nieces and Nephews still operate and most of them own homes on the highway in front of the strip all say it will always remain a dragstrip. Anyway in May and three times per year they have three Show N Go weekends with two days of dragracing with Sat. Just being a test and tune all day and bracket racing on Sundays, two days of car shows and about 1/2 mile of a parts meet with cars on trailers and parts galore. I will be there with my 04 GT which I or my Brother and my friend just completed Phase one of two and two will be a supercharger and I have begged my friend to carry his Shelby and another friend his 5.0 but they won't go and I won't say all but most with those kind of cars don't carry them to the strip. Maybe a carshow if it has a Shelby Mustang class! No matter how fast they are if they are afraid of thrashing it occasionally it in essence becomes a Tongue Fast.
I have done as much suspension and brake work on my GT as I have horsepower mods. I have Parkinson's Desease and Rheumatoid Arthritis and I spent a little over two years in a wheelchair as a result of three strokes to which my Doctors told my Wife I would never walk or care for myself again. I walk very slowly and have a tremendous amount of pain and one day I will probably be back in a wheelchair permanently or worse but until then " Where Do I Register "?
In May I am entered in my first roadrace on a new two mile road course in North Georgia, no I change that it is on April 7, and it will be one 20 min. Period on the track with a pace car and then a 20 min. session with a track observer then later 20 min. Back on with all novice drivers like myself and 20 with an observer and you get the idea. All told there will be five 20 min., sessions and I am told no one will try to embarrass you or pressure you to go faster than you feel comfortable. On May 29TH I thinkmI will run on a 1/2 standing start mile on a 1 1/2 mile beautiful airport runway in the north east Ga. Mountains then back there in Sept. Then dragracing at the Show N Go in May and two other times. Then something I have really been looking forward to doing Auto Cross back with the SCCA on the Parking lot at Turner Field where the Atlanta Braves play at home and there will be other locations throughout the year for open track events and Auto Cross. I have owned some really fast cars over the years but I can believe how fast the 4.6 is with just bolt ons and with it weighing around 700 or 800 lbs. less than a Shelby once the supercharger is on I really believe it will give one a race.
Moral of the story, no matter how fast in a car magazine driven by others, if you don't try it yourself it's not worth the $5.99 the car mag cost and five different magazines can test the same car and they all get different results.
Good Morning Everyone
Old 03-30-2015, 01:11 PM   #70
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Coyotes are called "5.Bro" around here for a reason... That said, there are plenty of ppl who have them who are cool as hell but there are also enough jackasses. Kind of like with any fast car...

Also, please keep the thread civil. Name calling on the internet is about as useful as telling Oprah to lose weight.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang