Roush stage 3 used please help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-18-2015, 03:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Roush stage 3 used please help

Hello I am new to this forums but not to Mustangs. I owned several fox cars and then I got married. Yes I sold my cars. I now have a chance to pick up a 2007 Roush Stage 3 mint 5 speed 48K at a Ford dealership and asking price is 20K. I am not very familiar with these cars and have been all over the internet for days looking up info. I did find out a lot but I have few questions. I looked over the car and it has minor tire wear. Other than that its mint for sure. No leaks. I have not seen or have asked for service records yet. The car did not smoke on start up it was cold I checked.
1. What should I look for or listen for when looking over the blower/motor.
2. When driving it is there any common problems to look for?
3. If someone traded it in why? A car like that I would be sure to sell privately.
How do you figure a value for that type of car?
Thanks
Joe Dirt 222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2015, 06:11 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dirt 222 View Post
Hello I am new to this forums but not to Mustangs. I owned several fox cars and then I got married. Yes I sold my cars. I now have a chance to pick up a 2007 Roush Stage 3 mint 5 speed 48K at a Ford dealership and asking price is 20K. I am not very familiar with these cars and have been all over the internet for days looking up info. I did find out a lot but I have few questions. I looked over the car and it has minor tire wear. Other than that its mint for sure. No leaks. I have not seen or have asked for service records yet. The car did not smoke on start up it was cold I checked.
1. What should I look for or listen for when looking over the blower/motor.
2. When driving it is there any common problems to look for?
3. If someone traded it in why? A car like that I would be sure to sell privately.
How do you figure a value for that type of car?
Thanks

I'm guessing they traded it because a stock 5.0 probably makes the same horsepower. Same reason you see a lot of 11-12 gt500's on the market. Honestly...I would just get a low mileage 13-14 5.0

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Don't waste your time with the roush. Get a 5.0.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2015, 07:18 PM   #4
Road Trip!

^ agreed. The only reason why people would suggest getting a Roush is because they own one themselves and will never admit that it's an inferior engine even with f/i. So you really have to decide whether you want one for the name or for performance. If it's performance, get a dirt cheap 5.0 and go crazy.

I purchased a 2014 gt500 knowing that some f/i 5.0 could hand me my *** in my stock form. But I bought it for more than the performance. Take the advice of unbiased people.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
What do you want the car for daily driving or track driving?

Also what draws you to the car is the fact it's a Roush or the price?
Old 01-19-2015, 04:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I just want to take it out and drive it on weekends. car shows things like that. I like to look of the car.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Then if you like it then buy it because bottom line it's what makes you happy and your the only one on here paying for it.

When the 427 Roush came out I wanted one had a kid never got it but still wish I had it. Also the Terminator is a favorite of mine and sure it's trumpeted by the 5.0 but I like it more than the new GT still.

I say buy it
Old 01-19-2015, 05:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Just depends what you want the car for. If you want it for street and car shows, then Roush is a good way to go. The new 5.0 is pretty stout engine, up to around 600 to 630rwhp, while the Stage 3 you are interested in is good for about 450 to 470rwhp. This is really dependent on your tune, and your supporting modifications.
RoushStage3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

A 05-10 stage 3 with full boltons and pulley will loose to a full bolton 5.0. If racing is what your after gp with the 5.0

Old 01-19-2015, 10:07 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

thanks for the info. I am a real fan of the 05-10 Mustang.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:11 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
A 05-10 stage 3 with full boltons and pulley will loose to a full bolton 5.0. If racing is what your after gp with the 5.0

Not the 10 Stage 3's.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:35 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoushStage3 View Post
Not the 10 Stage 3's.
Yes it still will, done it. This isn't hp race. Your 500+ does not show it from a roll. I will pull the paint off it after 5k

Old 01-20-2015, 08:40 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes it still will, done it. This isn't hp race. Your 500+ does not show it from a roll. I will pull the paint off it after 5k

Try 609rwhp. Do you even know what a 10 Stage 3 Roush is? Good luck hitting the gears in your crappy MT82.....if it doesnt fall apart. The only pants pulling will be yours over your head.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:41 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Try 609rwhp. Do you even know what a 10 Stage 3 Roush is? Good luck hitting the gears in your crappy MT82.....if it doesnt fall apart. The only pants pulling will be yours over your head.
Lmao 609? That's it.
You know whats done to my crappy mt82 5.0 guess not

Old 01-20-2015, 08:48 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

And yes I know what a 2010 stage 3 is.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:52 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lmao 609? That's it.
You know whats done to my crappy mt82 5.0 guess not

Are you referring to the 5.0 your wife let you spend 20k on. Yeah guess so, although I see no mention of a beefed up mt82, unless you have modded it since July.

609rwhp was the max due to my bolt on's. Block could handle up to 700rwhp since the 10 Stage 3's come factory with a forged low compression short block. You need to do some history son.

Additionally you were originally referring to a bolt on 5.0....not a forged engine...nor a power adder. So yeah my bolt on Stage 3 would walk a bolt on 5.0. Do you even read what you post?
Old 01-20-2015, 08:58 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are you referring to the 5.0 your wife let you spend 20k on. Yeah guess so, although I see no mention of a beefed up mt82, unless you have modded it since July.

609rwhp was the max due to my bolt on's. Block could handle up to 700rwhp since the 10 Stage 3's come factory with a forged low compression short block. You need to do some history son.

Additionally you were originally referring to a bolt on 5.0....not a forged engine...nor a power adder. So yeah my bolt on Stage 3 would walk a bolt on 5.0. Do you even read what you post?
Yup, that's the one, you mad bc your wife won't let you throw 20k + in a car. I know what a 2010 stage 3 is.
And for 1. I'm not your son buddy, so don't get that twisted.
No reason to beef up a transmission that has not broke, now is there?

And I know exactly what I post.
I 4 got yall go #'s chasing and think just bc it has a higher # automatically it wins.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:09 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup, that's the one, you mad bc your wife won't let you throw 20k + in a car. I know what a 2010 stage 3 is.
And for 1. I'm not your son buddy, so don't get that twisted.
No reason to beef up a transmission that has not broke, now is there?

And I know exactly what I post.
I 4 got yall go #'s chasing and think just bc it has a higher # automatically it wins.

I have a 13 RS3 that is staying under warranty, so I am not spending 20 grand on it. I have done the 20 grand on a Mustang before, and I am not planning on doing that again anytime soon.

MT82 is crap transmission, do your research and you will see the myriad of issues that owners are having with it, unless you are a granny shifting cleetus. Are you a member on the Facebook page Anything Coyote? There are a lot of members are constantly complaining about their MT82, and on SVTP. It is a ticking time bomb, even for bolt on 5.0's.

Having owned both a 10 Stage 3 and a 13 RS3, my stock 10 Stage 3 pulled a lot harder in stock form than my 10 Stage 3.

I don't chase numbers, I chase common sense and that is not the post I was referring too. It was that a bolt on 5.0 will walk a bolt on 05-10 Stage 3.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:17 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have a 13 RS3 that is staying under warranty, so I am not spending 20 grand on it. I have done the 20 grand on a Mustang before, and I am not planning on doing that again anytime soon.

MT82 is crap transmission, do your research and you will see the myriad of issues that owners are having with it, unless you are a granny shifting cleetus. Are you a member on the Facebook page Anything Coyote? There are a lot of members are constantly complaining about their MT82, and on SVTP. It is a ticking time bomb, even for bolt on 5.0's.

Having owned both a 10 Stage 3 and a 13 RS3, my stock 10 Stage 3 pulled a lot harder in stock form than my 10 Stage 3.

I don't chase numbers, I chase common sense and that is not the post I was referring too. It was that a bolt on 5.0 will walk a bolt on 05-10 Stage 3.
I do not have a FB.
Deactivated it about 8 months ago.

And the mt82 is hit or miss. There is stuff you need to do to it. And I have been waiting for mine to break but it's been handling 8,000 rpm shifts just fine. I have broken everything else for the most part. Twisted axle tubes and so on.
I'm ready for it when it does break.

And I will change it up a little it will definitely 100% walk a 05-09 stage 3. and here I will help you out a little here. And a 2010 427r.
The M90 on the 05-09 and 10 427r is complete junk.
I know what a 2010 stage 3 is, i know it has a different blower like I have said b4.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:23 AM   #20
Road Trip!

Quote:

Why did you buy a car with a crap transmission? Seems like more power will make it ever crappier. Sounds stupid. I'm sorry that you owned a 10 stage 3. It looks like you realized how slow it was and traded for a 13. Unfortunately...if you're keeping the warranty, a bolt on 5.0 isn't far off from you in a 13 rs3 either. I think you're forgetting that your car is a 5.0 with the same engine, same Trans, same clutch... The only thing you have is a conservative tune, blower, badges and some suspension components with rubber bushings. So technically, you spent more than 20k on your 5.0.

The difference here is you wanted to spend 20k+ on a name and glory parts/flywheel hp, where rap wanted to buy parts that actually made his car faster.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:43 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Why did you buy a car with a crap transmission? Seems like more power will make it ever crappier. Sounds stupid. I'm sorry that you owned a 10 stage 3. It looks like you realized how slow it was and traded for a 13. Unfortunately...if you're keeping the warranty, a bolt on 5.0 isn't far off from you in a 13 rs3 either. I think you're forgetting that your car is a 5.0 with the same engine, same Trans, same clutch... The only thing you have is a conservative tune, blower, badges and some suspension components with rubber bushings. So technically, you spent more than 20k on your 5.0.

The difference here is you wanted to spend 20k+ on a name and glory parts/flywheel hp, where rap wanted to buy parts that actually made his car faster.

Good grief, go back and read the whole thread again. The only stupid thing here is you. I bought my 10 Stage 3 and my 13 RS3 because I prefer to be different then just some boring dime a dozen bolt on GT that is NOT covered under warranty.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:10 PM   #22
Road Trip!

Quote:
Good grief, go back and read the whole thread again. The only stupid thing here is you. I bought my 10 Stage 3 and my 13 RS3 because I prefer to be different then just some boring dime a dozen bolt on GT that is NOT covered under warranty.

That's fine and all, but stop getting upset when people say modded gt's will outrun your 10 stage 3. You were such a dick about it above. Acting like your Roush is the fastest thing alive.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:24 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Can we all just agree that the v6 is the way to go?
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:46 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Lol

Anyone else want to see some time slips?
Old 01-25-2015, 07:29 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Nope.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:18 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's fine and all, but stop getting upset when people say modded gt's will outrun your 10 stage 3. You were such a dick about it above. Acting like your Roush is the fastest thing alive.

Hey.........knucklepuck, my 10 Stage 3 was over 600rwhp. A bolt on 5.0 wouldnt stand a chance. Just so we are clear a supercharger is not considered a bolt on. The term bolt on was used.....not modded..,..let me repeat that....bolt on.

I never said my Roush was the fastest thing around either. You might want to take a class on reading comprehension because you are still missing some details in the above post.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:24 AM   #27
Road Trip!

Quote:
Hey.........knucklepuck, my 10 Stage 3 was over 600rwhp. A bolt on 5.0 wouldnt stand a chance. Just so we are clear a supercharger is not considered a bolt on. The term bolt on was used.....not modded..,..let me repeat that....bolt on.

I never said my Roush was the fastest thing around either. You might want to take a class on reading comprehension because you are still missing some details in the above post.

Everyone was referring to the 10 stage 3 in stock form *******. And you have nerve to talk about reading comprehension...

Old 01-26-2015, 07:42 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Wow aren't we a happy group....
Old 01-26-2015, 08:34 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Everyone was referring to the 10 stage 3 in stock form *******. And you have nerve to talk about reading comprehension...

Wrong. Let me make it easy for you, read post 9. There never was a reference to a stock 10 Stage 3, it was full bolt on and pullied.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:41 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wrong. Let me make it easy for you, read post 9. There never was a reference to a stock 10 Stage 3, it was full bolt on and pullied.
Then I corrected myself. I said 05-10 427r which is still a stage 3.

But I also said I have taken down a stock 10 Stage 3 like yours. On motor.

Stock they are *** slow

Old 01-26-2015, 06:09 PM   #31
Road Trip!

Quote:

Sloooooooooooooooooooow.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:32 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sloooooooooooooooooooow.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	buzz-lightyear-everywhere-funny-idiots-Favim.com-571921_large.jpg
Views:	5907
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	174334  
Old 01-31-2015, 02:23 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:

That's kinda of funny, because I feel like "some of" the 5.0 guys feel like there fastest thing in the universe. literally you could take a shelby 1000 and compare it to a 5.0 ;and I feel like their so blinded that they would have to say their 5.0 is Better. What my point is it's annoying how the 5.0 member love to pick on the lower class members (like the v6) but say the 1% comes along and says their car is better than a 5.0; all hell will break as the 5.0 guys try to convince them there 5.0 is better than anything they have... But whatever what do I know I only own a cheap 2003 v6 just how I feel; and its Just my .2 nothing more. Im not trying to start anything here it's just annoying getting those guys all over v6 section and saying how stupidly slow their are and theirs nothing they can do... Etc (but whatever I only own a cheap 2003 v6) it's basically nothing compared to these cars. Also I love the 5.0 it's a great car I just feel like "some" and I quote some; of the members feel faster than anything no matter what. Thanks for reading my basically worthless .2 lol.

cozny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 02:31 PM   #34
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Roush stage 3 used please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozny View Post
That's kinda of funny, because I feel like "some of" the 5.0 guys feel like there fastest thing in the universe. literally you could take a shelby 1000 and compare it to a 5.0 ;and I feel like their so blinded that they would have to say their 5.0 is Better. What my point is it's annoying how the 5.0 member love to pick on the lower class members (like the v6) but say the 1% comes along and says their car is better than a 5.0; all hell will break as the 5.0 guys try to convince them there 5.0 is better than anything they have... But whatever what do I know I only own a cheap 2003 v6 just how I feel; and its Just my .2 nothing more. Im not trying to start anything here it's just annoying getting those guys all over v6 section and saying how stupidly slow their are and theirs nothing they can do... Etc (but whatever I only own a cheap 2003 v6) it's basically nothing compared to these cars. Also I love the 5.0 it's a great car I just feel like "some" and I quote some; of the members feel faster than anything no matter what. Thanks for reading my basically worthless .2 lol.

Only met one coyote owner who wasn't an ******* about "a coyotes superiority." And his car would be the only 5.0 gt I'd consider owning. I've noticed it's getting almost as bad as the gtr fanboys...
Just wondering why they are attacking other mustang owners that have a different engine in their car

Be the type of person who leaves a mark, not a scar
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 02:46 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Only met one coyote owner who wasn't an ******* about "a coyotes superiority." And his car would be the only 5.0 gt I'd consider owning. I've noticed it's getting almost as bad as the gtr fanboys...

Be the type of person who leaves a mark, not a scar

Yes, and once again their fantastic cars and its great to have pride, but "some" member to me take it way to far as to putting down other members down on here; (especially on the v6 section) I mean seriously leave the v6 section alone if all your going to do is boast about how much better your car is. Mainly just because they can put other members down they will do it. I mean you don't see the (1%) going around on the 5.0 section bragging about how much better their car is than a 5.0 is; or could ever be. Just because they can.

cozny is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang