Sub Frame Connectors? suspension upgrades - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-23-2015, 10:50 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Sub Frame Connectors? suspension upgrades

Recently I bought some BMR suspension upgrades. The LCA's, relocation brackets, panhard, and sway bar. One thing I completely forgot about until doing the install, was the subframe connectors... The factory set up appears to be very weak when looking at it.I will have to pay a shop to do that install seeing that they are welded on. I was wondering which ones people are recommending or using? Chances are I will stick with BMR since my other products are as well and I am extremely happy with them! By the way guys, the MGW race spec short shifter has to be my best upgrade yet. It is bad ***!!! Highly recommend, and if you buy from MGW, owner will do install free in Augusta GA
jamyzd30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2015, 07:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I am looking at BMR subframes right now myself. Most other owners say they are not needed on a 05 up street car. I like yourself, have upgraded several other suspension pieces, and would like to know I am taking full advantage of them. While the newer cars may not benefit like the older cars did, anything that makes the chassis more consistent and predictable is a "need" in my book.
Blackpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I have decided to go with Steeda frame rail & torque box brace. For the 2014 you can only weld it in(no bolt on), ford made a few changes according to Steeda. Nonetheless, I would weld it anyways. It will most like be a few weeks/months before I can buy and install it. I will keep you posted as to the progress and If I am happy with it or not. Time to work some OT....hope it's worth it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2015, 02:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I had the Steeda frame rail/torque brace connectors welded on a few days ago. Honestly, the design of them seems sub-par...You can bolt in a few areas to hold in place while you weld, it connects to your lower control arm bracket, but does not go through the inlet hole...It welds prior to it. I am sure this is more then enough to hold, I just expected a better design or fitment. Anyways, a piece of mind. I know a lot of mustang guys claim we don't need them anyways, but sheet metal connecting without anything else seems weak to me. Anyways, I installed the Steeda one piece drive shaft...Now that is a different story. That was well worth it!!! Car feels lighter and the tires are breaking loose all the way through 2nd gear. It will take me a while to adjust, spinning ain't winning, that's for sure. Anyone wanting pictures, message me...I don't know how to add, sorry.
Phase 3 upgrade including CAI, Fuel pump voltage regulator, (648rwhp), 582 torque, Kooks LT headers with off road H pipe, Vossen CV3's, ID1000's, Steeda Heat Exchanger, BMR LCA's,relocation brackets, adjustable Panhard bar, Rear sway bar, Steeda Aluminum driveshaft, X-brace, Differential cover, torque box brace/frame rails, Shelby trans cooler, Mcleod RST clutch/lightweight steel flywheel w/SS clutch line, RP fluids, whiteline transmission bushing,MGW race spec short shifter,Ford racing twin 65mm throttle body, Pro Dyno tuned

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang