Roush RS 3 2014 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2015, 07:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Roush RS 3 2014

Recently installed JLT CAI and Tuned SCT . While there was instantly more power we have had car shutting off while at a light. Also wrench light came on several times. After a few attempts to correct all this without any solution I have taken all this off and gone back to Roush spec and car runs fine.
Anybody have any answers?
CliffClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1426118494.477936.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	177198

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Cliff
cliff cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2015, 05:01 PM   #2
Road Trip!

It's a tune issue. Who did the tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Blow By Racing but have done update tune put all back in and works great so far
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2015, 08:27 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I would vote that it was a malfunction in the tune. Nice ride!
christianh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 03:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Guys

Cliff
Old 05-06-2015, 01:01 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yes I'm having the exact same problem cliff! But I have the Cal 2 Ford racing tuner and can't change it or it will void warranty, what did they say was wrong and was the check engine light the air /flow ratio off balance code?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
mosh350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 03:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Well I am feed up and everything is back to stock car runs great. No wrench light no shutting down at a red light. Air Ratio was on target even changed out the throttle body and no help. My dealer wants me to bring it to them to install Roush CAI and Roush calibration and swears it will be fine so I will see but don't know if I want to spend another 900.00. Let me know how you make out.
Cliff

Cliff
Old 05-10-2015, 03:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Right.... Yea that's ridiculous and my car is still under warranty but I can't do a Bama tune or anything because I have to use that ****ty Cal 2 programmer with their tune chips...... Really love this car but I've already had a few problems and had to have the dealership to some warranty repairs and thinking about selling it and getting something more reliable... Sucks because I love this car lol

Old 05-13-2015, 08:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I hear ya but am tempted to have the dealership install all the Roush stuff to go to 625 HP which they will warrant just to see if I have no issues
Good Luck

Cliff
Old 05-14-2015, 12:56 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

If I had the money that's what would def do! My main issue and concern is tuning, on full throttle I'm hitting between 11.7-12.1 on my air /fuel ratio.... Isn't that a little lean for this car?

Old 05-19-2015, 02:19 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff cohen View Post
I hear ya but am tempted to have the dealership install all the Roush stuff to go to 625 HP which they will warrant just to see if I have no issues
Good Luck

Cliff
Hi Cliff

I have the phase 2 625 HP upgrade on my 2013. The car runs as good as new from the factory. Hot or cold, just cruising or pedal to the metal.. Have never had one issue with it.. I added the Roush CAI and sent my PCM back to Roush for the calibration. I highly recommend this set up..

Scotty in Seattle
2013 Roush Stage 3 #13-0970, Roush Phase 3 675 HP upgrade. Dynotech 3 1/2 inch Aluminum Driveshaft, Stifflers Driveshaft Safety Loop, JLT Oil Separator, Track Package, X Brace Rear Seat Delete, Roush 20" Hyper Black Wheels, Roush trunk tool kit
Scotty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Awwwwesome thank you scotty that really helps alot and I'll Def look into that! Hopefully I will be able to use the roush tune and still keep my warranty

Old 05-27-2015, 09:10 PM   #13

Region: Louisiana
I suggest you read the roush website warranty is a little on the sticky side, Roush Phase one tune keeps the warranty, if you go to phase two I don't think the roush warranty remains in effect...

Gary

gary12000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:42 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Sold my Roush last week going out shopping

Cliff
Old 06-10-2015, 10:43 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
sold it to buy what????

Oh man...I hate to see Roush owners leave. What are you planning to replace it with? I did notice it is sort of tough to sell Roush's for a few reasons. A few obvious ones are the lack of forged internals, two piece driveshaft, MT-82 tranny. They really should marry the VIN to Roush as well. It amazes me that the BOSS and Shelby hold their value like crazy. I think the BOSS is actually going up in value over the past 2 years....I never drove one, but I am still dumbfounded as to how they are SO desirable and hold value. I mean what more do they have? Forged pistons/rods, recaro seats, and VIN married to BOSS. Roush is much more limited and let's not forget supercharged!

I really don't see myself ever selling mine, but I also have dropped 7k in upgrades to the car, so realistically I would never see that money again anyways. Before my 14 Roush, I had a 13 and it was nothing but problems from pulling off the lot, so I know how you feel. Thankfully the 14 is good so far.................. Nonetheless, I like to know what you are buying to compare to the Roush, I think the car is a blast! Hope you love whatever you buy!
Phase 3 upgrade including CAI, Fuel pump voltage regulator, (648rwhp), 582 torque, Kooks LT headers with off road H pipe, Vossen CV3's, ID1000's, Steeda Heat Exchanger, BMR LCA's,relocation brackets, adjustable Panhard bar, Rear sway bar, Steeda Aluminum driveshaft, X-brace, Differential cover, torque box brace/frame rails, Shelby trans cooler, Mcleod RST clutch/lightweight steel flywheel w/SS clutch line, RP fluids, whiteline transmission bushing,MGW race spec short shifter,Ford racing twin 65mm throttle body, Pro Dyno tuned
jamyzd30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:25 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamyzd30 View Post
Oh man...I hate to see Roush owners leave. What are you planning to replace it with? I did notice it is sort of tough to sell Roush's for a few reasons. A few obvious ones are the lack of forged internals, two piece driveshaft, MT-82 tranny. They really should marry the VIN to Roush as well. It amazes me that the BOSS and Shelby hold their value like crazy. I think the BOSS is actually going up in value over the past 2 years....I never drove one, but I am still dumbfounded as to how they are SO desirable and hold value. I mean what more do they have? Forged pistons/rods, recaro seats, and VIN married to BOSS. Roush is much more limited and let's not forget supercharged!

I really don't see myself ever selling mine, but I also have dropped 7k in upgrades to the car, so realistically I would never see that money again anyways. Before my 14 Roush, I had a 13 and it was nothing but problems from pulling off the lot, so I know how you feel. Thankfully the 14 is good so far.................. Nonetheless, I like to know what you are buying to compare to the Roush, I think the car is a blast! Hope you love whatever you buy!
Click image for larger version

Name:	8632.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	184529
Hey Jamie
Glad to hear that you like your Roush..Here is a picture of my Boss 302 and it was a cool car. I traded it in on my Roush because I wanted things like: power seat, leather seats, more power (supercharged), blue tooth, etc. My Boss had the side exhaust and rear exhaust but my Roush sounds far better to my ears. Also the two cars have the same trans but my Roush is so much better shifting.
I am very happy with my Roush..

Scotty in Seattle
2013 Roush Stage 3 #13-0970, Roush Phase 3 675 HP upgrade. Dynotech 3 1/2 inch Aluminum Driveshaft, Stifflers Driveshaft Safety Loop, JLT Oil Separator, Track Package, X Brace Rear Seat Delete, Roush 20" Hyper Black Wheels, Roush trunk tool kit
Scotty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:27 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Going shopping don't know yet but the Roush Value dropped like a lead ballon list was 6OK when I bought it wholesale now 34K with only 11K miles on it. See what I can do on a Shelby.
Thanks

Cliff
Old 06-13-2015, 09:40 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I actually bought my 2013 in Daytona Flordia at Gary Yeoman Ford for 47k, it wasn't fully decked out like my 14, but it was a stage 3. I traded it 1 year later with 9k miles, and I got 47k on a trade with Tindol Ford in Gastonia, NC. With Roush, you pretty much have to trade at a Roush dealer to get the right value. If you were only getting 34k, that is absolutely terrible as a trade value. Do you still have it? I would pay more then that for sure! Let me know, 843-324-3762, shoot me a text
Phase 3 upgrade including CAI, Fuel pump voltage regulator, (648rwhp), 582 torque, Kooks LT headers with off road H pipe, Vossen CV3's, ID1000's, Steeda Heat Exchanger, BMR LCA's,relocation brackets, adjustable Panhard bar, Rear sway bar, Steeda Aluminum driveshaft, X-brace, Differential cover, torque box brace/frame rails, Shelby trans cooler, Mcleod RST clutch/lightweight steel flywheel w/SS clutch line, RP fluids, whiteline transmission bushing,MGW race spec short shifter,Ford racing twin 65mm throttle body, Pro Dyno tuned
jamyzd30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:29 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

No it's gone Thanks

Cliff

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang