Roush phase 3 or vmp/warrenty - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2015, 05:46 AM   #1
Region: Florida
Roush phase 3 or vmp/warrenty

I have a 14 roush stage 3. Wanting some more power. I heard from vmp that worst case scenario if I do their phase 3 kit and blow a motor, I put all the stock parts back on and bring it to Ford. Ford will see I had another tune on it by the number of times it has been tuned. I was told when you disconnect the battery for longer than 30 minutes it makes this same "Count", so just tell them the battery was disconnected and everything is covered.
I am debating going that route Or I spoke with the roush dealer I bought mine from to ask if they would honor the 5yr/100k mile power train warrenty if they did Roush's phase 2 or phase 3. But answers were it's a grey area". Just curious if anyone has any input, advice or experience.

yfz450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: South Carolina
I have the phase 3 from Roush, I had it done at Roush Yates in Mooresville, NC. They will stand behind any work they do, mechanic gave me his personal cell, and assured me any problems at all that they will fix them. The roush warranty would stay in place for parts at least regardless with the Roush tune. People say it's conservative blah blah blah. I pulled 572 rwhp from phase 3 upgrade, it made it into a different car. You need it in my opinion! I am adding kooks LT headers with an off road H pipe 3/26, I also changed a few other things. With that they have to custom tune it etc. I will pull over 600rwhp for sure. Anyways, HP is more of a number. I'd say it's more about getting traction. The phase 3 kit from Roush would not dissapoint you, plus you would have the Roush CAI (not sure if VMP uses that or another). I like the looks of keeping mine mostly Roush anyways...with the exception of some things I had to upgrade. As for VMP and warranty....Yeah they are salesmen to some extent. It is mostly dealer specific. If they think you modded car, they "might" not be mod friendly. Some dealers have turned me away for warranty work on other cars, some not. At the end of the day, battery or not....they would know it's modded and if they feel like it void warranty. I wouldn't sweat it much, Roush is safe.
Phase 3 upgrade including CAI, Fuel pump voltage regulator, (629rwhp), 543 torque, Kooks LT headers with off road H pipe,ID1000's, Steeda Heat Exchanger, SCT tuner with custom Pro Dyno tune, BMR LCA's, BMR relocation brackets, BMR adjustable Panhard bar, BMR Rear sway bar, Steeda Aluminum driveshaft, Steeda X-brace, Steeda Differential cover, Steeda torque box brace/frame rails, Shelby trans cooler, Mcleod SS clutch line, RP fluids, whiteline transmission bushing insert and MGW race spec short shifter.
jamyzd30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang