Control arm recommendation - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-17-2015, 02:04 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Control arm recommendation

Anyone have any experience on Controls arms on supercharged mustangs? I have a 2013 Mustang with the 627 hp whipple supercharger kit and a few other small mods on the Ford racing Cal 2 safe tune and of coarse I have some wheel hop! Lol I have elbach lowering sport Springs and adjustable elbach penard bar as well, what controls arms do you guys think I should purchase and should I get the upper and lower control arms?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
mosh350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2015, 07:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Yes you will need upper and lower control arms, personally I think BMR makes GREAT parts!! Wheel hop is pretty hard on your car, you need to eliminate that asap
Phase 3 upgrade including CAI, Fuel pump voltage regulator, (648rwhp), 582 torque, Kooks LT headers with off road H pipe, Vossen CV3's, ID1000's, Steeda Heat Exchanger, BMR LCA's,relocation brackets, adjustable Panhard bar, Rear sway bar, Steeda Aluminum driveshaft, X-brace, Differential cover, torque box brace/frame rails, Shelby trans cooler, Mcleod RST clutch/lightweight steel flywheel w/SS clutch line, RP fluids, whiteline transmission bushing,MGW race spec short shifter,Ford racing twin 65mm throttle body, Pro Dyno tuned
jamyzd30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

EXCATLY! And thanks for the reply! Yea I was actually looking at bmr or elbach since I have the elbach lowering Springs and adjustable penard bar

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2015, 09:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

No problem man. You spend enough money on your mods so far, now it's time to put that power to the ground. Call Kelly at BMR and he will explain in great detail everything you need to complete your set up. With the LCA's you should also get the adjustable relocation brackets, there are three different setting so you can adjust to your preference. Hell, people get wheel hop with regular GT's....After the power you added yours must be ridiculous.
Phase 3 upgrade including CAI, Fuel pump voltage regulator, (648rwhp), 582 torque, Kooks LT headers with off road H pipe, Vossen CV3's, ID1000's, Steeda Heat Exchanger, BMR LCA's,relocation brackets, adjustable Panhard bar, Rear sway bar, Steeda Aluminum driveshaft, X-brace, Differential cover, torque box brace/frame rails, Shelby trans cooler, Mcleod RST clutch/lightweight steel flywheel w/SS clutch line, RP fluids, whiteline transmission bushing,MGW race spec short shifter,Ford racing twin 65mm throttle body, Pro Dyno tuned
Old 05-12-2015, 10:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Hell yea sounds awesome! Will def so that! And Yea I've spent way too much money on this ****ing car lol........ And thanks for the help I'll Def do that! Yea I Def need some more traction lol...

Old 05-13-2015, 04:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Also if I Change my Control arms wouldn't I have to do a realignment?

Old 05-13-2015, 07:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't have to, I just adjusted the panhard bar to make sure the axle was centered. Anything up front you probably have to get an alignment, but rear I was good or I think I am, ha ha.....
Old 05-14-2015, 12:59 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Right, Yea I planned on just getting the rear upper and lower control arms

Old 05-14-2015, 03:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
You can also check out these beauties:

Steeda 2005-14 Mustang Billet Rear Lower Control Arms - Made in USA 555-4405 | Free Shipping!

Note: 555-4406 recommended for 500+ horsepower applications. Slight increase in NVH will result from this part.
U.S. Patent Pending
Product Benefits
Eliminates wheel hop, improves traction.
Super strong billet construction.
Lighter than stock and competitors arms - reduced unsprung weight.
Used on the fastest production built Mustangs

We use these on most of our high HP vehicles ... you will be very happy with them.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Hell yea ill Def check these out thanks for the recommendation man

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang