Considering 2015 Stage 3 Roush... Help? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Considering 2015 Stage 3 Roush... Help?

Hey Guys,
It's been almost a year since I posted. I sold my 2011 GT in January in anticipation of getting the new Shelby GT350 or Chally Hellcat. Both of these cars are stupid in terms of demand/supply so I'm going to exit that conversation completely. I won't spend $100k on a $60k car and it looks like it's going to be that way with the 15/16 GT350. I'm jonesing for a performance car again and I'm not going to wait another 1-2 years for these guys to get their ***** together.

The option I've been exploring is the 2015 Roush Stage 3 since it's essentially made to order and the demand is no where near the Shelby/Hellcat, but the ordering options are a little tricky. I live in California and Roush is not yet certified to sell the '15 Stage 3 here for until they get CARB certified, (hopefully by June or July).

Brakes
I'm looking at ordering the Performance Pack on the GT which includes the 6 piston Brembos, Etc.... but it comes with the Ford wheel/tire package, (which I personally prefer). The Stage 3 comes with Roush's wheel/tire package, for those who've ordered Roush before: can I elect to keep the Ford wheel & tires at a discount since I won't take the Roush set? Which do you prefer?

Seats
I've heard complaints about the comfort of the Roush Recaro seats, and I've heard that the Ford Recaros are far more forgiving on longer trips and are more "livable". Opinions? Both are pricey, but if I'm going to do it, I want to do it right.

Suspension
I'll be doing light to moderate track use. Is the 1 way adjustable Roush coilover suspension sufficient, or should I just bite the bullet for the 3 way?

Insurance
Since this is legally a Mustang GT, do I insure it as such or do you know if I have to inform my insurance that it's a Roush since they are a "manufacturer".

2014 Roush Stage 3
The dealership I'm working with currently has FIVE 2014 brand new Stage 3 (phase 1) Aluminator Roush's on the lot. (Crazy right?) They've discounted them heavily and will probably end up being about the same price as the 2015 I'm looking at, (the Aluminator is an $8,250 upgrade alone). Given these circumstances which would you choose and why? (I'm partial to the 2015 for many reasons, but I'd like to know if there's an argument for the 2014).

Any other opinions or considerations, (Roush, GT350 or otherwise)?

CURRENT: 2016 GTPP, Vortech, Ford/Borla cat back, 1" drop on Vogtland, 1" Hubcentric spacers, APR Front Splitter, RTR Upper Grille.

SOLD: 2011 5.0, Auto, C&L CAI, Dyno Tuned, 3.73s, Boss 302 Intake, Magnaflow Competition axlebacks, Stallion Suspension LCAs, Whiteline Sway Bars.
doug5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2015, 03:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Hello,

Just sent you a link p.m. regarding our Q750 located here - Q750 StreetFighter — Steeda Performance Vehicles

We are not only putting a different look on the Mustang ... but we are also adding our track/street proven suspension parts & power upgrades.

The Q750 is truly a special car & when up against the competition ... we are confident our car will out perform the others.

We are in the process of finishing our builds for the model ... but here is the in initial rendering we released:

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Wow... how did I not know about this? I got the PM, Thanks! A couple questions:
When & where can I purchase?
Will this be available in California (CARB Certified)?
Will this maintain any sort of warranty?

CURRENT: 2016 GTPP, Vortech, Ford/Borla cat back, 1" drop on Vogtland, 1" Hubcentric spacers, APR Front Splitter, RTR Upper Grille.

SOLD: 2011 5.0, Auto, C&L CAI, Dyno Tuned, 3.73s, Boss 302 Intake, Magnaflow Competition axlebacks, Stallion Suspension LCAs, Whiteline Sway Bars.
doug5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2015, 08:45 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Hello,

They will be CARB approved….final approval is several weeks out.

Warranty is 3 years 36,000 miles PLUS lifetime warranty on all Steeda manufactured components.

You can purchase from us or we can work directly with the Ford dealer of your choice.

Let me know if you would like speak more about your options ... you can email me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

Tj
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 05-15-2015, 09:35 AM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky

As much as I love the Roush mustangs, the Steeda's are a better car. They better equipped than the Roush's, and have the proper hardware to effectively put the power to the ground. Roush does your basic suspension upgrades, sway bars, struts, and springs. Steeda does a complete suspension upgrade. The cars handle better and are more stable when driven hard. The reason they aren't as well known is, I think, most people think Steeda is just a parts supplier. 90% of people I talk to didn't know Steeda offers serialized packaged cars. Example the Q335, Q400, Q495, and Q650. It's just like Roush's stage packages. Another reason might be their production cars are at a very low volume, unlike Roush. Doesn't mean they are a bad car, just means they are very rare. Steeda is the better car hands down, and this is coming from a Roush owner.

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Hi Doug

If you have any kind of question about the Roush package you should get ahold of John Trischler at Ray Skillman Ford. Even if you don't buy from him he will give you straight answers.. His number is 317-885-8147. I would only talk to him.
I sold my Boss 302 and was buying my Roush from another dealer and even though I did not buy from John Trischler I talked to him about my deal. He is the Roush expert and will give you good advice on price, etc. I am happy with my Roush right now but if I wanted a new one again I would go through him. (That Steeda car looks pretty impressive, I wonder what it costs)..

Good Luck with your decision
Scotty in Seattle
2013 Roush Stage 3 #13-0970, Roush Phase 3 675 HP upgrade. Dynotech 3 1/2 inch Aluminum Driveshaft, Stifflers Driveshaft Safety Loop, JLT Oil Separator, Track Package, X Brace Rear Seat Delete, Roush 20" Hyper Black Wheels, Roush trunk tool kit
Scotty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

MSRP from $29,995*(+ base Ford vehicle).

Great price for a great packae!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

You can check out our offerings at www.steedavehicles.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 05-15-2015, 04:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
If I fell into the cash, Steeda would be the car I'd buy as The Great Recon said. Personally I think the '15 Roush is the nicest Roush has done - best overall in appearance vs stock.
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 05:43 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Was not a real fan of the new Mustang, till I saw this. Beautiful looking car!
JWP69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 05:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I've had that Steeda stang as my lock screen photo on my phone for a couple months...
I don't use "bad ***" often but the street fighter is bad ***!
Old 06-14-2015, 09:46 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Everyone has a personal preference I guess, but I still can't get into the 15 stangs....They still remind me of a hyundai. The 14 aluminator all forged would be a no brainer decision for the price. How much can you get one for? With all forged internals, pistons, crankshaft, and rods it can hold all and any power you put to it. They are very rare and will hold value much better than the 15. With Roush all in all, you are paying for a name to a point. Yes the super charger is great, yes the visual upgrades look very nice. Remember there are a few things that they fell short in. Not making all Stage 3's with forged internals is a joke. Putting a heavy 2 piece drive shaft in it was strange. The rear axle is not even painted from factory, so underneath it will get that patina rust look. As everyone knows the transmission is less than desirable, but adding a short shifter MGW should fix most of your concerns. I have not driven a 15 yet, but I absolutely love my 14. Yes, I did drop 7k into it making exactly what I wanted, but I couldn't be happier.
Phase 3 upgrade including CAI, Fuel pump voltage regulator, (648rwhp), 582 torque, Kooks LT headers with off road H pipe, Vossen CV3's, ID1000's, Steeda Heat Exchanger, BMR LCA's,relocation brackets, adjustable Panhard bar, Rear sway bar, Steeda Aluminum driveshaft, X-brace, Differential cover, torque box brace/frame rails, Shelby trans cooler, Mcleod RST clutch/lightweight steel flywheel w/SS clutch line, RP fluids, whiteline transmission bushing,MGW race spec short shifter,Ford racing twin 65mm throttle body, Pro Dyno tuned
jamyzd30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:12 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamyzd30 View Post
Everyone has a personal preference I guess, but I still can't get into the 15 stangs....They still remind me of a hyundai. The 14 aluminator all forged would be a no brainer decision for the price. How much can you get one for? With all forged internals, pistons, crankshaft, and rods it can hold all and any power you put to it. They are very rare and will hold value much better than the 15. With Roush all in all, you are paying for a name to a point. Yes the super charger is great, yes the visual upgrades look very nice. Remember there are a few things that they fell short in. Not making all Stage 3's with forged internals is a joke. Putting a heavy 2 piece drive shaft in it was strange. The rear axle is not even painted from factory, so underneath it will get that patina rust look. As everyone knows the transmission is less than desirable, but adding a short shifter MGW should fix most of your concerns. I have not driven a 15 yet, but I absolutely love my 14. Yes, I did drop 7k into it making exactly what I wanted, but I couldn't be happier.
Well said jamyzd30. You have a roush tune putting down that much rwhp?
Old 06-14-2015, 10:15 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Everyone has a personal preference I guess, but I still can't get into the 15 stangs....They still remind me of a hyundai. The 14 aluminator all forged would be a no brainer With all forged internals, pistons, crankshaft, and rods it can hold all and any power you put to it.
Umm no that's wrong. It will not "hold all and any power you put to it"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:22 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

The phase 3 roush kit with roush tune added 100 rwhp and after one piece drive shaft and kooks LT headers with roush tune I pulled 617 RWHP and 533 TQ. I could have gotten more but everyone claims that you shouldn't go much over 600 to the wheels if you want to play it safe....I still have payments and will for many years, so I elected not to add any more HP yet.....Besides, with the power now I can't get any traction on the Roush 20's....So really you couldn't put the power to the road. Change wheels and put some sticky tires on it and I would probably smoke the tranny, lol. So for now, I will keep it where it's at.
Phase 3 upgrade including CAI, Fuel pump voltage regulator, (648rwhp), 582 torque, Kooks LT headers with off road H pipe, Vossen CV3's, ID1000's, Steeda Heat Exchanger, BMR LCA's,relocation brackets, adjustable Panhard bar, Rear sway bar, Steeda Aluminum driveshaft, X-brace, Differential cover, torque box brace/frame rails, Shelby trans cooler, Mcleod RST clutch/lightweight steel flywheel w/SS clutch line, RP fluids, whiteline transmission bushing,MGW race spec short shifter,Ford racing twin 65mm throttle body, Pro Dyno tuned
Old 06-14-2015, 10:28 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, point taken.....What can't it hold? Nonetheless, having forged internals I am sure helps quite a bit. I wish all Roush stage 3's were forged. For the price they most certainly should be. Probably one of the major factors that kills our resale value. The Boss and Shelby are far more mass produced but actually hold value. So I currently pull 617 RWHP without being forged, I would have more confidence pushing to a higher number with the aluminator. Numbers are just bragging rights for most people though. It's not like I track often nor can I use the HP with 20's on it.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:41 AM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky

Shelby and boss mustangs are better. Which I'm assuming if Roush ever made a boss competitor.

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:11 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Put it this way if you are on a roush tune you are slow. Yes I said it slow. Idc what # you put down.

Also if you want the motor to be 110% bullet proof you need to sleeve the block. Then you can throw all the power you want at it.
You were right about being a lot stronger being forged. But for the any and all power comment, it needs to be sleeved

Old 06-14-2015, 11:26 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Very true in regards to the block being sleeved. As for me being slow.....In comparison to what? You really can't say #'s don't mean anything. I can put that power to the ground to a point. You can see my upgrades, not extensive, but decent. People have their opinions about Roush tune etc...most of those opinions are generated from competitor tune shops. My car was fine tuned and adjusted using a dyno. I am not saying they are not conservative, but Roush Yates is also 100% backing the work they did. I have payments bro, I can't take crazy risk. Hell most people are scared to even tune cars with payments. Maybe you are a 1/4 mile champion, I don't know you. But to say I'm slow is sort of stupid.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:30 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Nope my car is not a 1/4 mile car. It's a roll car. And roush is so conservative with there tunes it destroys the way the car drives. Sure it may put down a nice # but roush tunes just like Hennessey's tunes are slow.
If you had Justin from VMP do a tune on your car it would be a night and day difference guaranteed

Old 06-14-2015, 11:38 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I have read great things about VMP as well on many forums. I am considering other tunes since after my kooks LT's and tune I have had a stalling issue on occasion when engine is cold. It's just a tough decision for me when Roush Yates is basically covering everything under warranty for me...even with my mods. Thanks for advice though, I know Pro Dyno will be at mustang week dyno tuning cars, I might do it, we'll see..... People claim they are good.Right now I am trying to save money for a cam upgrade though. Maybe I will see you there
Old 06-14-2015, 02:12 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Put it this way if you are on a roush tune you are slow. Yes I said it slow. Idc what # you put down.

Also if you want the motor to be 110% bullet proof you need to sleeve the block. Then you can throw all the power you want at it.
You were right about being a lot stronger being forged. But for the any and all power comment, it needs to be sleeved

Yeah the 'any and all power' was an exaggeration...seemed obvious to me. As for roush being slow, I'd have to agree. When I added the 575 Roush supercharger, It felt like driving an older turbo car. Plenty of power once it got there but seemed slow to get into the power. The Brenspeed tune for it woke it up a lot! Much quicker to get into the power. I'm guessing that's why they can warranty the mod...it's easier on all components when the power "ramps up" as opposed to slamming it all at once.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:13 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Quote:
Mostly agree.

Though some of the 2015s are growing on me. Do like what Roush has done with theirs, but still partial to the 14s. Love the back end of the Roush 15s. Don't agree on the Hyundai part at all.

but...

By adding the Aluminator you get on tough engine that can be pushed to 675 hp by a Roush Phase 3 supercharger. Most of the 2014 Roushs I have seen that are left do not have much for options. Mostly Premiums with only Track Pak add on, some are only automatics with Brembos. Still nice cars though.

Love my 2014 stage 2. Could always get a stage 2 and add the supercharge later. That way you do not have to get the Roush seats. Have to talk to someone at Roush about your wheel and tire questions. They would not do it for me through the dealer.

And of course the track pak cars do have painted rears.
Second Mustang with a 34 yr gap.
shaneyusa is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang