2014 Roush best wheel/Tire set up to hook? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-01-2016, 12:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
2014 Roush best wheel/Tire set up to hook?

Hey guys, hopefully you can help. I am sure I am not the only one that experiences the annoying loss of traction and inability to put all the power I have to the road. I know there are plenty of people with far more power than me and they put it to the road somehow, my question is how? My mods are shown in signature. I am looking to do a few more.....Considering upgrading injectors, maybe try E85, Upgrade my heat exchanger, test out a different tune(maybe AED or VMP). I am torn whether to add some more power or to try to actually use the power I have. I want both, but can't afford it all at once.

I am thinking I will try different wheels and tires before anything else....I have factory Roush wheels 20's, only 9.5 width, running factory RS3 cooper tires 275/35/20. I don't know how big of a tire they even fit. So I was looking at some Steeda wheels which looks like it might give me the tire I need? I prefer the look of Vossen CV3 but they seem ridiculously expensive, I also like RTR wheels, widest they offer is 10 inch in rear, so they would fit 305 I guess. The steeda package is
4 Nitto INVO tires, Tire sizes are two 275/35R20 and two 315/35R20.

Does anyone know if these will fit with my set up? Also any other suggestions would be great!!! I drove my friends bulit GT (naturally aspirated) and honestly although I have over 150 more RWHP, I could use all of his and it was more fun to drive. So I am aiming to use my power. I love the supercharger and the car, I just need to hook better. Mainly street driving, a little racing here and there.
Phase 3 upgrade including CAI, Fuel pump voltage regulator, (648rwhp), 582 torque, Kooks LT headers with off road H pipe, Vossen CV3's, ID1000's, Steeda Heat Exchanger, BMR LCA's,relocation brackets, adjustable Panhard bar, Rear sway bar, Steeda Aluminum driveshaft, X-brace, Differential cover, torque box brace/frame rails, Shelby trans cooler, Mcleod RST clutch/lightweight steel flywheel w/SS clutch line, RP fluids, whiteline transmission bushing,MGW race spec short shifter,Ford racing twin 65mm throttle body, Pro Dyno tuned
jamyzd30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2016, 08:29 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Same issue here. Looking to get 305/40/18 rear. Doing research led me to believe anymore than that will rub unless u modify which I'm not interested in doing. Also ppl t saying nittos are more narrow so they're 305s are like 285 ish?!! Mickeys 305 radial is what in looking to get . Once I get these and if I feel like I need more traction I will send the wheels out to get widened to 11 to fit a wider tire. I have 675 at the crank and j know what ur talking about with the traction . The wheels I'm getting are forgestar f14 in matte black

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 01-01-2016, 08:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

One more thing I too want more power but I need to apply the power I have now to the ground before I add more to it. Doesn't make sense to add more now without addressing the issue. U don't want to get blown away by a rice

Advertisement

Old 01-01-2016, 10:35 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I do like the look of the forgestars, good choice. Are you sure 18's will fit up front over the big brembo brakes you have? I have seen plenty of people running 305's on rear that are lower than the Roush and they don't rub at all. The one guy even had 305's on his RTR with no rubbing, and they are quite a bit lower than ours. Are you doing a staggered set up then? Please try to remember to give me feedback once you get wider tires, I am interested. I just hate that wheels/tires cost so much. I prefer to keep the look of the Roush wheels. Did you get a price on how much it would be to widen our wheels?
Phase 3 upgrade including CAI, Fuel pump voltage regulator, (648rwhp), 582 torque, Kooks LT headers with off road H pipe, Vossen CV3's, ID1000's, Steeda Heat Exchanger, BMR LCA's,relocation brackets, adjustable Panhard bar, Rear sway bar, Steeda Aluminum driveshaft, X-brace, Differential cover, torque box brace/frame rails, Shelby trans cooler, Mcleod RST clutch/lightweight steel flywheel w/SS clutch line, RP fluids, whiteline transmission bushing,MGW race spec short shifter,Ford racing twin 65mm throttle body, Pro Dyno tuned
jamyzd30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamyzd30 View Post
I do like the look of the forgestars, good choice. Are you sure 18's will fit up front over the big brembo brakes you have? I have seen plenty of people running 305's on rear that are lower than the Roush and they don't rub at all. The one guy even had 305's on his RTR with no rubbing, and they are quite a bit lower than ours. Are you doing a staggered set up then? Please try to remember to give me feedback once you get wider tires, I am interested. I just hate that wheels/tires cost so much. I prefer to keep the look of the Roush wheels. Did you get a price on how much it would be to widen our wheels?

Not sure yet in front wheels. I might go 19 in front and not because 18 won't fit. To answer ur other question about staggered yes that's what I'm going for. I'd prefer my roush wheels to but they're not cutting it. 20s r too big. I was even considering 17s at one point. Looking for performance and not looks.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The FG18's will clear brembos.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Roush Mustang