Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Roush let me down

32K views 72 replies 20 participants last post by  Allwood21 
#1 ·
Upgraded my clutch with a McLeod RXT and steel flywheel in my 2017 GT with dealer installed Roush SC. Bought brand new. Only 3000k on the clock. After 9 days at dealership and Roush latest update, misfire codes persist. Roush is saying to put the stock clutch back in the car. They claim that the McLeod clutch is the issue and that they sell all the Roush cars with stock Mustang clutch. My stock clutch went at 2700 miles. Anything about 4000 rpm it was slip. I researched the crap out of clutches and everyone is running the McLeods... I need some serious help. If any experienced mechanic or Ford tech who reads this and have dealt with this issue before I would greatly appreciate the help. I am hurting...

#59 ·
Yes, it was in my orginal post. The sensor is at the back if tbe block and goes down to the crank. Its very long and the tsb added ab o ring to the top where it is secured yo the block. Assume this took out some movement of the semsor at the crank. If the sensor indicates to the engine computer an unsteady position, the engine indicates a random misfire. There was no driveability issues with mine. However, one day i was running very high speeds and cel started flashing and next thing i new, i blew out both cats. Random misfire causes computer to add fuel. This all happened after supercharger install as well. O ring and new cats fixed problem.

#60 ·
No driveability issue with mine either. I am beginning to wonder if this is the issue. Only thing is my car is a 2017 and this issue and fix was for earlier models not withstanding the motor and tranny is the same... I just wish my car could just get fixed...

#61 ·
Hello

How did Roush let you down?

Maybe buy a true Roush Mustang next time with Roush registration numbers and I doubt Roush would let you down.

A Roush Supercharger installed on a Mustang does not make a Roush Mustang.

Sounds like sling crap to see where it sticks to me. Maybe you should go to the GT Mustang thread.

#62 ·
Sometimes reading comprehension is not everyone's strong suit... Have you ever heard of Roush Authorized Dealerships who provide Roush Autthorized Builds?? That Roush supports and warranties. The mistake I made was to buy one with no warranty. When I spoke to Roush and through the dealership NOBODY could come up with a fix even AFTER I SENT THE CAR BACK TO THE SELLER AND SPENT OVER A $1000 shipping and plugs and still car not fixed WITH ROUSH COMMUNICATING ON WHAT TO DO.... so spare me the sling crap bs if you have nothing positive to say...

#72 ·
Former Ford dealer technician. Did the 20 hour Roush Phase 2, 727 HP install 16 months ago. The crank relearn was done once after initial start up. No problem in 12k miles. I purchased a GT-350 spoiler and stripes with the money I saved by doing the work myself. ‘15 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP. I decided to check the net before installing the McLeod 800 HP RST clutch, slave with throw out bearing, lighten steel flywheel, PILOT BUSHING, Barton hybrid short throw shift linkage and a Roush X-pipe. These parts are collecting dust in my garage until I get better answers.
1.) Warm the car up. Do the relearn four times in a row at 4,000 RPM.-was recommended.
2.) DashBridge CX was recommended.
3.) McLeod Clutch weight Is more than stock. Vibration. Roush Program. Ford sensors compensating for these variations.
elevation, temperature, WEIGHT, SPEED, acceleration, deceleration, magnetic interferences, grounds, etc..
  • sensor +/- range
  • Flywheel spec

#64 ·
Hello

You posted and I responded.

It does suck your car is having issues but I think you should focus all of your efforts on the selling dealer.

Roush has been outstanding with their response and service towards me.

Butting out.

#65 · (Edited)
Nobody anywhere has advocated that Roush is not outstanding... I merely expressed my dissatisfaction with the support I received on a brand new Roush Phase 2 Mustang GT and BOTH the Seller and Roush who are behind the build... it is Marketed as a Roush Phase 2 Build and they are the "fastest growing Roush Performance Dealer" maybe the fine print should say ignore ROUSH in the equation. Whether you build it in house or franchise it out... once you let your name be used and marketed it means you SHOULD stand by the end user who is BUYING your legally "AUTHORIZED" product...

#66 ·
Sorry to hear about this mess. I would be freaking out too. Did I read correctly that you had a Phase 2 package on that supercharger? I have a 15 stage 3. When I asked about upgrading to a phase 2, Roush told me it would void my warranty. Anyone mention that to you?
Hope you get it sorted out soon........

#67 ·
Hi white lightning... yeah I bought the phase 2 package and they told me that I have NO drive-train warranty. I bought it brand new from Lebanon Ford in Ohio. I'll cut to the chase... There is a Reason Jack Roush can buy a Ford GT, he built a great business. The problem is the guys running the business look out for the bottom line very carefully. Unfortunately that means some of us with issues will not get good service. Subjective and real. My Advise, Forget about Roush go with an aftermarket like VMP, AED or LUND. Better to support the smaller guys because at least they care more about their brand/reputation than today's Roush who have already "arrived". I will NEVER buy another Roush product simply because they NEVER took the time to help me. Too many satisfied customers to care about the few "disgruntled" I am okay with that because the truth exists and I tried my best in this thread to explain. In the end, I spent a fortune and got crap for service. STAY away from dual disk clutches while you have the Roush Tune. Hit or miss. I am certain they know of this issue as well but really cannot acknowledge it for obvious reasons. As I said, check out VMP, AED or Lund for the next level with your car. Leave Roush alone, they are already successful. Their customer service supports that.

#70 ·
Had the same issue 2 months ago. I work at a ford dealership, I had bought my mustang GT installed Ford racing/Roush supercharger phase 1 myself when I purchased the car. then wanted to upgrade to phase 2. did that everything was still running fine. then upgraded clutch and flywheel to the mcloed RST twin disc. install was good. drove fine during break in, then I got a p0300/p0302. after 2months of Diag I finally found vincy on the forum. had the same issue. did exactly what he did to his and it resolved my misfire issue. glad I found this post for info. helped me tremendously and saved me a lot of money. thanks

#71 ·
**** is crazy how these clutches don't play nice with the factory electronics...

Yet another reason to buy these cars in autos IMO. Slap a good converter in them and you are way faster than the stick shift.

#73 ·
I have 2011 mustang Roush. I just replaced the stock clutch with a mcleod clutch. Im thinking the samething Mcleod clutch upgrade. I just took the car for a test drive. Runs like trash. I should of known if Roush built it with the stock clutch then why would I think I know more then them.i spent a few racks on this whole nonsense upgrade. Conclusion: DO NOT EVER CHANGE WHAT ROUSH BUILT. . NOW I WILL SPEND MORE MONEY ON PUTTING THE STOCK CLUTCH BACK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.