Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Roush let me down

32K views 72 replies 20 participants last post by  Allwood21 
#1 ·
Upgraded my clutch with a McLeod RXT and steel flywheel in my 2017 GT with dealer installed Roush SC. Bought brand new. Only 3000k on the clock. After 9 days at dealership and Roush latest update, misfire codes persist. Roush is saying to put the stock clutch back in the car. They claim that the McLeod clutch is the issue and that they sell all the Roush cars with stock Mustang clutch. My stock clutch went at 2700 miles. Anything about 4000 rpm it was slip. I researched the crap out of clutches and everyone is running the McLeods... I need some serious help. If any experienced mechanic or Ford tech who reads this and have dealt with this issue before I would greatly appreciate the help. I am hurting...

#9 ·
Mechanic said in printed report " Chris at Roush states probable defect or imbalance in aftermarket clutch" then they hit me for $907.05 and the car is still not fixed. Called Roush and they say to put stock clutch back in to prove. So after $4200 invested I am still without a fix. Called Ford Motor Company and of course they said I installed an after market clutch so am screwed. This is my third Ford vehicle... and I am hurting...

#11 ·
The crank sensor for the ignition is very long and is located on the back of the block heading to the crank. There was a TSB out 2013 about random misfires, which i assume you had vice a specific cyclinder. So long story short, as was said, anytime you replace the clutch you need to do a Relearn. If you have an aftermarket tuner, you can do yourself. OBTW random misfires may not create driving problem, but will richen mixtute and in my case blew out both cats. Luckly under warranty.

#23 ·
That just makes no sense to me. Was the Roush SC a complete kit? I would think it would include everything you need to support the SC, including a base tune. You can't slap a supercharger on a fuel injected car and call it a day. A clutch does not cause misfires lol. There has to be something going on with one or both of the installs. Something was not buttoned up correctly on the SC install. Something was knocked loose or broken during clutch install.

#25 ·
Don't know if I missed it but who installed the clutch? Was the misfire present before the Clutch install? Does sound like something was not reconnected properly after the clutch install if it was not present before it was installed. I have read changing the gears would cause the need for a crank relearn not convinced that changing the Clutch and Flywheel would but who knows with all of the electronics on cars now days.

#26 ·
The CEL with P0300 codes occurred approx 100 miles after clutch install. The Ford Dealership checked and reinstalled the clutch. They could not find a cause for Misfore codes and decided to blame the clutch itself. Say the clutch is defective or imbalanced

#28 ·
Going back to dealership where I bought it... they are good people and have treated me really well... so I ship it out tomorrow... the cash continues to bleed... but will see what happens... no matter what... Currie Ford took $900 from me and could not fix my car...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.