Mustang Evolution Forum banner

No 2018 Roush Stage 3 Mustang

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  tj@steeda 
#1 ·
Passing along that there will be no 2018 Roush stage 3 Mustangs due to it's late arrival to the market. Roush was unable to sort out all the necessities in time. If you want a supercharged Roush the 17's are the last till 2019.

#3 ·
Good, hopefully Roush will come up with some strategic plans on ways to separate their cars from a modified GT. Maybe then, they can hold value, or people can at least determine value. I love my stage 3 14 Roush, but simply put they cut some corners to increase profit margins. I didn't buy my car to sell it, but the reality is, most people sell or trade at some point. To skimp and not have forged internals was a big mistake. You can see the GT 500's hold value, not only forged internals, but upgraded transmission, many have Recaro's etc. My Roush was cheaper at the time, but now with new Roush's they are overcharging drastically. I love the looks, love the supercharger, the suspension is solid. But the price is a joke with a car that doesn't hold value. Hopefully in their year off, they decide on making some changes, otherwise I don't see them succeeding in the near future with the prices they charge.

Reactions: b2673ad
#6 ·
Yes they did make the alluminator but wanted 10k more for them....lol, yet another thing they over charge for. Then they also had forged internals in what year? 2010 or so. I bought my stage 3 2014 for 52k. For the Roush package then I feel it was reasonable. As I said, I love certain features of the Roush, not just the super charger. I felt the wheels were decent, the suspsension decent, and liked the overall stance and look. But I have put 10k in it since then to make it the way I wanted. Back then the GT 500 was 65k, but they are still worth 50k range. My Roush.....not even close. My point is now Roush is retailing them around 65 to 73k....I know the dealers work on prices , but at that price point I would never even consider another one.

#8 ·
As I said, I love my Roush. You could probably admit at this point though, they are now FAR overpriced. A good suspension and supercharger with some cosmetic upgrades does not make a mustang into a 65k++ dollar vehicle. I think overall that all cars have gone too high though. Roush isn't the only one. But they need to make some changes if they want continued customers. Your name will only sell for so long.

#9 · (Edited)
I have no interest in owning a new car. Someone else can take the depreciation hit that almost all cars have. My newest car is my 08 Roush and I’m perfectly contempt with it. Obviously I’m modding it but I don’t have a desire for a Coyote over this car. If it becomes worthless when I’m an old man; I doubt that’ll be the case. But if it does I don’t care the car will go to one of my children when I can’t drive anymore. Just got to find their mother first. Lol.
But the S550 Roush is a fine looking car.

#11 ·
It's not only about the new car and depreciation, the fact is Roush needs to do something different. Many years to come you will see Boss/ Shelby GT500's will continue to hold value, Roush obviously doesn't. So even buying a used one is tricky. I will keep mine for many years, regardless of selling or not, it would be nice to know it will be worth $.
I agree, I didn't buy my car to sell or make $$ off of. Nonetheless, for Roush to charge what they do now is simply not even close to worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.