Boss 302 at local dealership with 7k miles! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Boss Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Boss 302 at local dealership with 7k miles!

My local dealer has a Orange Boss 302 on the showroom floor and he's asking 43k for it. It's used with 7k mile on it. It's been on the floor for about 2 weeks, and I'm tempted to pull the plug but I think they asking way to much for basically a "demo" car that will lose 20% as soon as I drive off the lot.

I'm asking you guys, is the 43k they are asking correct, or should I go in and try and deal???

Best case for me would be getting the car at 40k out the door, and they give me 21-22 for my '10 GT premium. (I owe 17k, paid 28k for it in May of 09, and have 16k miles on it)

I figure I would be lucky to get 20 for my car, eventhough its a garage queen with a few basic mods.

Thoughts???

Thanks all..

Ben
Benjammin1829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

try to deal, they can go down
tylerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: Boss 302 at local dealership with 7k miles!

You should try to deal because of the economy right now they will probably come down on the price to get it sold.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
Blogger
Blogger

I am thinking try talking them down, you can get new Bosses with no miles for the same price. Doesn't make sense to pay full sticker on a used car.
VALCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALCAD
I am thinking try talking them down, you can get new Bosses with no miles for the same price. Doesn't make sense to pay full sticker on a used car.
Where are you from? There's a new boss by me for 62g
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
nickysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #6
Blogger
Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickysixx View Post
Where are you from? There's a new boss by me for 62g
Local Bakersfield, CA dealer sold 3 with no ADM. Dude drove 2 hours to pick his up here. It is not normal, I know, but they can be found for sticker.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I'm about to fly out there, see the family, pick one up in cash and drive it back.
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 10-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #8
Blogger
Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickysixx View Post
I'm about to fly out there, see the family, pick one up in cash and drive it back.
Well, nickysixx, they don't have any on the lot. And they are sold out of their alotment. However, there is a dealership close (Will Tiesiera Ford in Tulare) with a Kona Blue no Recaros - not sure how they are with ADM.

The next closest I know of is in Buellton, which is the little hole in the wall on the drive to Solvang and they had a Comp Orange with Recaros and I think it was without ADM.

Galpin in Van Nuys has 2 - Comp Orange and Yellow Blaze - both loaded. But you will have to be a shrewd negotiator to get a deal there. I have heard of it happening, but you have to work them.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Talk them down as much as possible. I think you could sell yours for 20. Might have to wait for a buyer instead of trading though.
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:25 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALCAD

Well, nickysixx, they don't have any on the lot. And they are sold out of their alotment. However, there is a dealership close (Will Tiesiera Ford in Tulare) with a Kona Blue no Recaros - not sure how they are with ADM.

The next closest I know of is in Buellton, which is the little hole in the wall on the drive to Solvang and they had a Comp Orange with Recaros and I think it was without ADM.

Galpin in Van Nuys has 2 - Comp Orange and Yellow Blaze - both loaded. But you will have to be a shrewd negotiator to get a deal there. I have heard of it happening, but you have to work them.
Still, theyre marked up over 20 grand here. That's a vacation and a half. A good one too.
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 10-19-2011, 02:25 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

buy it
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #12

Region: Canada

Benjammin1829
buy it and enjoy or the next person will

absolutely love ours, it is a blast to drive!! awesome handling unbelievable power

from a Canadian Boss
BOSS302R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:45 AM   #13

Region: North Carolina
No, don't do it at that price. Edmunds will tell you what price if u want a used one. You also should check the manufactured number on the engine jacket (I think ). If it is the first 10 made, think about it more carefully. Remember, if they keep the model down to only a limited two year run, like they initially said they would, the Boss 302 will be worth twice what you bought it for in no time flat! The 2013 Boss 302 will have changes, so you might want to wait for that, if the changes matter to you. Most will be interior adding more to the dash since they received complaints on how sparse things were. Of course, I'm only listening to scuttle. I know there are Ford Boss gurus that visit these sites that might comment further.
302er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #14

Region: Canada

check out MOTOR TREND - 2011 Best Driver's Car
BOSS302 LS rated #5 out of 11 behind Porsche Cayman R, Porsche 911, Nissan GT-R and Ferrari

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...2011_best_driv
ers_car_contender/

2011 Motor Trend Best Driver's Car - 11 of the World's Best Driver's Cars tested - Motor Trend
BOSS302R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Saw a '12 Boss Laguna Seca edition here in VA listed for freaking $75k! I was looking at the front brake cooling tubes and they are secured to the frame ra with a black zip tie. You'd figure for $75k they could use an aircraft type clap or something. Was nice though. They also had a normal Boss for $51k.
aegischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:45 PM   #16

Region: North Dakota
Send a message via Yahoo to Crank
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegischief
Saw a '12 Boss Laguna Seca edition here in VA listed for freaking $75k! I was looking at the front brake cooling tubes and they are secured to the frame ra with a black zip tie. You'd figure for $75k they could use an aircraft type clap or something. Was nice though. They also had a normal Boss for $51k.
Got mine for under sticker just gotta let them know it's not the end of the world if you don't get that car.
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:37 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Ben,
First let me say the Boss is an awesome vehicle as all Mustangs are. I do have a comment I like to point out and im talking about value for dollar, why go with a Boss. Why buy a Boss for 40 or 41 k?

The 2012 Boss has 444 hp and 380 torque at 41 k

The 2012 5.0 stang has 412 hp and 390 torque. For base Gt model with Auto and upgrade 3.73 gears you can buy it for 29k. Got that true market selling price on edmunds online.

So 12,000 dollars more for the Boss you get a whole 32 more hp and 10 less torque. Bama tuner and airaid cold air intake $700 at American Musscle. That adds 22 hp right there. So now Boss is only 10 hp more. Add the tuner and 5.0 price you spend 29,700. Way less than 41 k. 11 k less for a car that is not any faster than 5.0.

Sure the Boss can handle better but if you ain't racing at track with corners and curves then who cares. In a straight line on highway where people drive 97 percent of time it's all the same. My opinion, it's a waste of money for almost no everyday or weekend driving

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

I guess some just want the cool lettering to read 302 boss. Lol. 11 k is a lot of loot for some stripping and letters. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #18

Well good points all around and I do see that u did your research and for the most part your RIGHT! However I bought my car on 3 reasons. 1 resale value why I can do all the mods to a gt to make it faster than a boss it's still not a boss at the end of the day and there are people out there willing to pay for an original and if ford sticks to there 2yr production plan my car unlike a GT will go up in value. 2 track days YES! I am moving to Cali next year and I do plan on getting track time every other week so that was a huge selling point for me. And last am a big fan of the boss for me (and everyone has one) this is my dream car soon as I seen it I had to have one and really at the end of the day wether your car gets good mpg, horsepower, room, luxury items, etc if your happy driving it and it brings a smile to your face every time without fail I say don't worry bout the price we humans only live once and why do it dreaming when you can be living it.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Crank,
I completely agree with you. Since you want to take your car to the track regularly then for overall performance and handling the boss will be better than a 5.0. For the driver who is going to use his car on a daily basis or nice weekend weather rides, the 5.0 will be as fast as the Boss with a tune and for 11 grand less. Value wise the Boss is not there compared to the 5.0. I think Ford out did themselves with the new V6 and 5.0's. I think for 41 k the Boss needs to pick up some serious hp and torque gains to justify being worth that much more than the 5.0.

With that said, if anyone out there is willing to pay that price for the Boss and it makes them happy to have a car that says boss, then rock out. I too believe you only live once and if you can afford something and want it, go for it. But strictly speaking of value on ones dollar for speed and performance the boss is not worth the 41 k compared to the 5.0 for none track racing folks. And track meaning other than 1/4 mile straight shot.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #20

I agree with everything you said and as far as value on the Dollar yes I do think a good price for the boss could have been way lower but ford gotta make there money lol I don't know if I mention this before but I plan on keeping this car till the wheels fall off been waiting for awhile for the boss to return and I have to say it was worth the wait, safe driving and good times to you friend.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Crank,

Safe driving to you as well. Have s great holiday season. Maybe if im good Santa will bring me a pro charger super charger for my 11 v6 stang. Doubt it! Lol. Season Greetings!
Old 12-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I want a Boss so bad
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
A convertible Boss would be Badd ,
BossMach is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Boss Mustang