Show me your boss - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Boss Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jza1736's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 185
I've lightly modded my Boss with no regrets. I bought it to enjoy it. If you bought it as an investment, How much do you think it will be worth? Take into account the money you spent for it, loan financing, insurance over the course of 40 years, storage, maintenance & care, and your basic wear & tear. How much do you really think your going to net? Oh, & don't forget the government & auction house have to get their piece to. Good luck with yours, I'm going to drive the wheels off mine. I don't plan on selling mine either.
Jza1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jza1736 View Post
I've lightly modded my Boss with no regrets. I bought it to enjoy it. If you bought it as an investment, How much do you think it will be worth? Take into account the money you spent for it, loan financing, insurance over the course of 40 years, storage, maintenance & care, and your basic wear & tear. How much do you really think your going to net? Oh, & don't forget the government & auction house have to get their piece to. Good luck with yours, I'm going to drive the wheels off mine. I don't plan on selling mine either.
One guy honestly has me thinking of TT it :p 800+rwhp sounds good to me lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

One guy honestly has me thinking of TT it :p 800+rwhp sounds good to me lol
Do it bro! You only YOLO once! Lmao.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jza1736's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

One guy honestly has me thinking of TT it :p 800+rwhp sounds good to me lol
I would love to do that, I'm just not sure if I want to void my warranty. Especially since I've had my tranny replaced already.
One of the first ones got 785. I forget which mag it was in.
Jza1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #145
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jza1736 View Post

I would love to do that, I'm just not sure if I want to void my warranty. Especially since I've had my tranny replaced already.
One of the first ones got 785. I forget which mag it was in.
True and I had the dealer CPO my car to 100k warranty
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jza1736's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

True and I had the dealer CPO my car to 100k warranty
I wouldn't give that up for TT. Unless you have money to burn.
Jza1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jza1736 View Post

I wouldn't give that up for TT. Unless you have money to burn.
Lol that I do not. I honestly wasn't in the market for a boss. I was looking to trade my 3.7 for a 5.0 and the manager said if u you want that boss I'll give you a hell of a deal. It was sitting on his lot for 4 months.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jza1736's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Lol that I do not. I honestly wasn't in the market for a boss. I was looking to trade my 3.7 for a 5.0 and the manager said if u you want that boss I'll give you a hell of a deal. It was sitting on his lot for 4 months.
Good for you! Good luck with it!
Jza1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #149
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jza1736 View Post

Good for you! Good luck with it!
Definitely. Do you have the track key?
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jza1736's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 185
No, I waited to hear the reviews.
Some loved it, some didn't. I put the money In other mods. I might get it eventually but I spent enough on the car right now.
Jza1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #151
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jza1736 View Post
No, I waited to hear the reviews.
Some loved it, some didn't. I put the money In other mods. I might get it eventually but I spent enough on the car right now.
Lol I made the dealer through that in with the car and the CPO also.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #152
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jza1736's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Lol I made the dealer through that in with the car and the CPO also.
Nice! I got mine 2 years ago & was happy to pay msrp
Jza1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #153
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jza1736 View Post

Nice! I got mine 2 years ago & was happy to pay msrp
True they were dealer marked up when they first came out. I really got lucky. All MPs are used so I'm happy.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #154
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jza1736's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 185
Yeah I remember the videos from Laguna seca when they were testing them. It was on speed channel. They had them there for the press too
Jza1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #155
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jza1736 View Post
Yeah I remember the videos from Laguna seca when they were testing them. It was on speed channel. They had them there for the press too
Yup. Are you on the bossmustangsonline.com forum?

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Also since you have had yours for quite a while. Any advice on things I definitely should or shouldn't do to my car?
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #156
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jza1736's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Yup. Are you on the bossmustangsonline.com forum?
Yes & the mustang source
Same name
If you check out the mustang source you can do a search for the boss with tt. It was a beast! !
Jza1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #157
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jza1736 View Post
Yes & the mustang source
Same name
If you check out the mustang source you can do a search for the boss with tt. It was a beast! !
I think I've seen it. That's where I got the 800rwhp number lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #158
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jza1736's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 185
That depends on what you want to do. I track mine 3-4 Times a year & my weekend cruiser. When I'm not working.

If your going to track it once or twice, nothing enjoy it!
If you plan to do it every year or regularly:
Change the brake fluid to dot 4. That's a must!
Brake cooling ducts
Tranny cooling scoop

Upgraded brake pads - I swap out my rotors & pads every track day. DBA 4000/5000 rotors are lighter then stock & hawk dtc 60/70 pads really stop the car.

Locton track insurance. do a Google search if you can't afford to leave it at the track. I can't, buy the insurance, I do. Price varies you'll have to go on the website put how much insurance you want. Car value + mods & the event you will be running. Them they give you a price.
Jza1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #159
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

One guy honestly has me thinking of TT it :p 800+rwhp sounds good to me lol
Is it me?
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #160
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

Is it me?
Maybe lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Maybe lol
IT WAS ME!!!!!!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #162
Registered User
Newbie
 
671stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Guam
Region: Other
Posts: 9
Just off the lot 2013
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3684058887.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	333.8 KB
ID:	134040   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3816133112.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	367.4 KB
ID:	134041  

671stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #163
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 671stang View Post
Just off the lot 2013
Awesome bro I love that GB! What # is it and miles lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #164
Registered User
Newbie
 
671stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Guam
Region: Other
Posts: 9
Papers need to be finalize so I can get all the info on the car it's used with7024 miles on it just did a trade in so they let me take it home papers will be done on Monday
But I'm still new to the mustangs . I have a project 02 v6 vert at home was going to dump the 6 and dropping an 8 but plan has just changed
671stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #165
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 671stang View Post
Papers need to be finalize so I can get all the info on the car it's used with7024 miles on it just did a trade in so they let me take it home papers will be done on Monday
But I'm still new to the mustangs . I have a project 02 v6 vert at home was going to dump the 6 and dropping an 8 but plan has just changed
I bet. I love mine and I'm sure you do to. Do you have the TRACKEY? If not make them install it it's a blast
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #166
Registered User
Newbie
 
671stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Guam
Region: Other
Posts: 9
Ya they gave me the keys said silver is the standard key and the red logo key will switch the boss to performance mode giving it more hp the feel is nice and the power is awesome didn't feel this kind of power in my v6 I haven't tried the red key yet don't wanna try it just yet after my papers are done I'll try it
671stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:57 PM   #167
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 671stang View Post
Ya they gave me the keys said silver is the standard key and the red logo key will switch the boss to performance mode giving it more hp the feel is nice and the power is awesome didn't feel this kind of power in my v6 I haven't tried the red key yet don't wanna try it just yet after my papers are done I'll try it
Lol make sure it's programmed for TRACKEY. When you use the red key it should say TRACKEY enabled, track use only. If it doesn't say that it's not programmed
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #168
Registered Member
Regular
 
DirtyDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fishers
Region: Indiana
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by 671stang View Post
Just off the lot 2013
Uber jealous! But I still love my GT!
DirtyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #169
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDawg View Post

Uber jealous! But I still love my GT!
Mustang is a Mustang brother. Your GT is nice as well.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #170
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 102
How much is a boss ?
mustbstangin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #171
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbstangin View Post
How much is a boss ?
It just depends. But you can get one for around $35k
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #172
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

It just depends. But you can get one for around $35k
*mouth dropps* I alwaya figured I couldn't afford it so I never looked but I could afford that...and a lot of mods with it ! I am taking my pony in for some work friday I may bring a new pony home
mustbstangin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #173
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fender868's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Region: Canada
Posts: 550
They weren't that much more. Last year , I was in the market for a new car and took a look at the boss and the sticker price for 2013's fully loaded was 48k CAD. My car wasn't too far off from that price. Plus, I never got a chance to talk to a salesman about it. Had I known, they weren't going to make em in 2014, I would've bit the bullet last year. I'm happy with my car. I'm happy it's not as a big a gap as the Mach I Mustangs of 03/04 and the GT's of that time, but the boss has some appeal that is pretty unique to it. I definitely love the Laguna seca edition. I saw one locally , and had no idea what it was until I looked it up. Blew my mind. Sexy car.
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #174
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 102
They have a lime green one here in the showroom thats my color if I got one
mustbstangin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #175
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Yea and they will hold their value way better than a GT. I was on the market for a new 5.0 and ended up getting my boss for a steal

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbstangin View Post
They have a lime green one here in the showroom thats my color if I got one
It's gotta have it green lol. That'd be a '13. How much are they asking for it if you don't mind me asking
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Boss Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boss 302 vs. Boss Shinoda SaleenV8 2011-2014 Mustang GT 5 05-06-2012 12:45 PM
Does Our 2012 Boss 302 Mustang Sound Insane or What?! Read more: VIDEO: Does Our 201 AMDanBailer AmericanMuscle 0 01-27-2012 04:51 PM
2012+ Boss Rims xhgwx 2011-2014 Mustang GT 23 01-25-2012 02:22 PM
5.0 or Boss 302 The Darkside 2011-2014 Mustang GT 171 09-07-2011 10:48 AM
Alabama Events for 2011 SpectorV Regional Mustang Discussion 5 07-25-2011 09:27 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:36 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.