Bolt-ons with track key? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Boss Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #1

Region: Virginia
Bolt-ons with track key?

Trying to find justification for adding bolt-ons when I already have the track key. For example if I were to replace the air intake, that would be pretty useless without a tune, which would basically remove my track key and void warranty...for what 5-10hp? So I guess what I am asking, is are there any bolt-ons that will work with the track key tune and increase power without removing any warranty?

It kind of seems like one of those situations where you either "go big or go home". Spending $1000 on an intake and tune doesn't seem worth it, but adding a blower or internals might be. Thoughts?
mrsneakyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsneakyz28
Trying to find justification for adding bolt-ons when I already have the track key. For example if I were to replace the air intake, that would be pretty useless without a tune, which would basically remove my track key and void warranty...for what 5-10hp? So I guess what I am asking, is are there any bolt-ons that will work with the track key tune and increase power without removing any warranty?

It kind of seems like one of those situations where you either "go big or go home". Spending $1000 on an intake and tune doesn't seem worth it, but adding a blower or internals might be. Thoughts?
Go the other way, LT headers, high flow cats and lightweight exhaust. Better exhaust flow increases engine performance and increases HP. Less weight is always better

This site has a full setup: http://www.cooltechllc.com/Boss/Boss_SPD_Kit.shtml

I bought their roll bar setup and it is a very well made, quality piece
Jza1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #3

Re: Bolt-ons with track key?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jza1736 View Post
Go the other way, LT headers, high flow cats and lightweight exhaust. Better exhaust flow increases engine performance and increases HP. Less weight is always better

This site has a full setup: Ford Mustang Sound Pipe Delete Kit

I bought their roll bar setup and it is a very well made, quality piece
Long tubes are definitely on my mind, but I'm not sure about a catback unless the combination of hp increase and reduced weight pretty significant. On my gto catbacks only added around 5hp and were over $1000...stock system was over 70lbs tho. Is this a similar situation? It seems to be a pretty good performing factory exhaust, and it sounds amazing without the plates, ,not sure if I want to change that sound...

All in all, my concern is still about losing power with mods without a new tune...which defeats the purpose of my track key. I know its exhaust but do you think it will work directly with the track key tune??

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Check into it thoroughly !! Once TracKey software is installed it is all but useless if you do any modding past a cat-back exhaust. The only mod I've done is SLP LoudMouths w/ muffler delete...axle back
Old 08-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roush P51a View Post
Check into it thoroughly !! Once TracKey software is installed it is all but useless if you do any modding past a cat-back exhaust. The only mod I've done is SLP LoudMouths w/ muffler delete...axle back
Thanks this is kind of my thought. I am also looking into some non power adding mods, like the lightweight driveshaft, getting warranty to replace my garbage 2011 tranny with one of the new ones...and a better shifter. Lightweight wheels and Bridgestone RE11's as well.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #6

Region: Oregon
Check out the 3" FlowMaster cat back for the Boss. About $750 total package and uses the side exhaust.
Terrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:06 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I am thinking of SOS coil packs, one piece driveshaft, oil separator and 85mm TB for mine. I'm guessing not much HP would be gained but more responsiveness would be added and slight fuel economy since I drive normal and only drive like I stole it once in a blue moon.
Vicham is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Boss Mustang