Boss 302 or Premium 5.0 fully loaded? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Boss Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Boss 302 or Premium 5.0 fully loaded?

Hey guys, I'm going in the ford dealership tomorrow.. I'm having a tough decision.. I'm stuck between the 2013 boss or 2013 5.0 premium..

This car will be my DD.

5.0 Premium

Interior wise, the premium has a lot of nice features, Reverse cam, Leather Recaros and can be had for 41k.. but can of course be negotiated..

here it is -> New 2013 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium ( Car) Fort Lauderdale

On the flip side the boss is a little more iconic, not really the color i prefer.. No fogs or all the features of the premium but has, and i'm sure you all know, a little more toot and better suspension..
This can be had for 46k and i'm sure the price can NOT be negotiated..
here it is -> 2013 Ford Mustang for sale in Pembroke Pines - 1ZVBP8CU8D5244499 - Pines Ford Lincoln

I'm 21 and will be paying off this car for x amount of years and will probably drive it for a long time..

I'm just wondering which car would be the better buy for me..

Really hope to get some answers tonight !
JonJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Man I would go 5.0 I looked in to boss and yes has more power but when your going down the road with your lady do you power or comfort and style and with a few mods u can get the boss power
Cobra2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Boss 302 or Premium 5.0 fully loaded?

yeah and i wont be doing any track since there is none within 40 miles of me.. I feel like the hype over the boss is just name and small performance tweaks..
JonJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Have u looked in to buying a gt500 with about 2-5 thousand miles on it maybe 2010 or better u would really be happy
Old 08-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

I thought the boss had a stronger block which can handle more mods safer
Old 08-30-2012, 05:29 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 2010 gt500 with 5300 miles. It and it is currently in the shop getting a 2.9 whippel new throt. Body a CIA American racing headers hi flo cat with axle back exhaust and a sct tune going to produce 730 rwhp they can handle it
Old 08-30-2012, 05:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

im sure you will get an awesome ride either way
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJuice View Post
Hey guys, I'm going in the ford dealership tomorrow.. I'm having a tough decision.. I'm stuck between the 2013 boss or 2013 5.0 premium..

This car will be my DD.

5.0 Premium

Interior wise, the premium has a lot of nice features, Reverse cam, Leather Recaros and can be had for 41k.. but can of course be negotiated..

here it is -> New 2013 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium ( Car) Fort Lauderdale

On the flip side the boss is a little more iconic, not really the color i prefer.. No fogs or all the features of the premium but has, and i'm sure you all know, a little more toot and better suspension..
This can be had for 46k and i'm sure the price can NOT be negotiated..
here it is -> 2013 Ford Mustang for sale in Pembroke Pines - 1ZVBP8CU8D5244499 - Pines Ford Lincoln

I'm 21 and will be paying off this car for x amount of years and will probably drive it for a long time..

I'm just wondering which car would be the better buy for me..

Really hope to get some answers tonight !
Go with the 5.0 Premium. You'll be more comfortable and happier in the end. Also, near us in Pompano, we have "Mustang Specialties" shop and "Steeda" shop near us, if you need to get Mods done.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I also think you should look into a low mile gt500
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
If your not going to track it, a GT premium
I love my Boss and I drive her 2-4 hours to get to the closest tracks. At least 3 times a year, more when I can
Jza1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
5.0!! I agree that you should look for a low mileage used GT500. They should be within the price range I think you are looking at considering your choices.
3dStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #12

Region: California

I was in the same boat as you for the last 6 months and ended up going with the boss. If i did buy a GT i wouldnt get any of the bells and whistles anyway, have no need for nav, backup camera, leather, or an auto trans.

The Boss was well worth the extra cash. If your planning on getting a fully loaded GT, it would make a basic boss only a few grand more. No brainer in my opinion.

Dont get me wrong, the GT is no slacker, but the boss is a legitimate out of the box track wrecker. In the end you just need to figure out what will put a bigger smile on your face: louder music or performance.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra2010 View Post
Man I would go 5.0 I looked in to boss and yes has more power but when your going down the road with your lady do you power or comfort and style and with a few mods u can get the boss power
I was looking doing the same research when i went to buy a new mustang, and its not about having a little more power. I could take or leave the extra 24 horsepower, its just an unintended byproduct of increasing the redline to 7500 anyway. The boss is more about handling and track performance. While the regular GT keeps up with the M3, the boss dominates. Horsepower is the last thing that you should consider when comparing a boss to a GT.

Keep in mind that minus the forged internals, everything else the boss has can be done on the aftermarket. So anyone could get boss performance fairly easily with a standard GT.
dark mod is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Boss Mustang