Boss add on's - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Boss Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-26-2015, 07:07 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
FYI baddad not everyone here is mechanically inclined and/ or has time to do their own work. I changed the pulley, plugs , idler myself cause it's not rocket science and didn't take all my time to do it. For the rest of the mods I will be that guy that "has stuff done" as u said.. I didn't grow up around cars and my dad and grand daddy weren't either. So I suggest u pick ur words wisely around here cause ur not gonna make any friends. And another thing there's nothing wrong with slapping a sc on. Not everyone is looking for a 10 sec car a lot of ppl around here aren't looking to drag

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2015, 08:37 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadDad View Post
So if it doesn't have the aleged cams in it, which ones do you have or recommend and what does your car put out? Does that motor require being pulled for me to install cams? I have the full exhaust, a tuner, and a JLT cold air. Still has stock throttle body and maf is molded into JLT pipe and I don't know if it's stock maf. As well, when I go back to this dealership with flames in my eyes because they claim $9200 in the motor and I don't think it's there what approach should I take since they told me it was there. A tuner, ARH headers, JLT, kooks, and a lowering kit from ford doesn't add up to $9200 to me. They jacked the price for this stuff and have not produced the proof. I want in the car what I was told was in the car. I usually take the man on fire approach. Cops... I want to keep my car, I just want to force them to put in it what they said was there or buy me the parts. Ideas?

Depends on what your plans are for the car. Best cams for NA would be a custom grind.
No the motor does not need to be pulled.

I have a built bottom end. Slight head work and stock cams for now.
Made 440 on motor and mid 700's on nitrous

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:28 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Time... Job keeps me busy. I do a lot of prototyping for the oil and gas industry and now I'm into high end aircraft interiors. All that beautiful woodwork in the Jets of god knows who are really made of aluminum honeycomb and a thin layer of laminate. I'm automating the process for a local company so as much as I want to read every last post on these forums I have to study new processes at night. I view that as racing too. I can scare someone a whole lot more with my programs for cnc than I can with a car. Scares me sometimes...fun though.
OneBadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2015, 10:52 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Didn't mean to offend anyone, I just want to go the old muscle car naturally aspirated engine. I didn't know anything about cars either until I was 12 when my dad had a huge motor built for his Bronco. He went out of town and I wanted to know how power came out of a bunch of shiny parts, so I took it apart. Didn't end well for me, but started an addiction. I enjoy making my own parts because that's what I do for a living. I am a prototyping tool maker. I make one off parts for people's different ideas on different applications. Since I had the access and it only costs me time I get the most enjoyment out of making my own parts. I'm not competitive with my car, I just chase the numbers as time permits. I drive this thing as a daily driver too. I'm not knocking blown motors. I have several. Two have super and turbo chargers. This is just a different challenge to me. It might not even work as I am planning. I thought we were all here to help each other out and have fun with cars. No one said they have to be identical...
Old 10-26-2015, 10:55 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

I used to run nitrous on a boat. Hard to hold that button with no foot pedal. How will these motors hold up to nitrous?
Old 10-28-2015, 07:58 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadDad View Post
I used to run nitrous on a boat. Hard to hold that button with no foot pedal. How will these motors hold up to nitrous?

Stock they will handle a 150 hit all day long.
You will see a lot of people say different on here and blah blah when they don't know there a$$ from a hole in the ground.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Boss Mustang