Need a Boss Whisperer - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Boss Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-24-2015, 09:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Need a Boss Whisperer

I recently found and bought a 2013 BOSS. I was told by a dealer that it had over $9,200 in engine mods and produces 690 hp. Here's the show stopper. It came with an sct x3 which I can't get configured to my laptop for data logging. The dealer promised to get me the info and proof I needed. Now they say they can't. The car has a 93 street cam tune, 93 JLT emission tune, and a 93 street tune. It will not run without one of these tunes on the car. I was told everything from a crank to cams, heads, injectors... The only things I can prove are long tube headers, kooks high flow cats, qtp, lowered, and a power programmer. JLT cold air as well. I have two problems right now. I'm a fool, saved my stock tune to my laptop and updated firmware without returning to stock. I also smell a lot of raw fuel. It burns my eyes sometimes. How do I find out what was done to the car? And is the raw fuel smell normal? I feel like I'm playing with fire not knowing what's in that car. Thank you guys for any help you can offer!
OneBadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2015, 09:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yeah, it was originally sold in Florida, then it was in Indiana, then sold at auction by earth motor cars in Carrollton Texas.... And then I bought it. It only has 13,000 miles and I didn't know the important facts til after the sale. I saw, signed, and drove! I think it's closer to 500hp, not 690.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Sounds like it could be a fun car, but it would scare me to not know what was really done to the car. Best of luck and hope you can get the details. Welcome to the site!

Oh, and post some pictures!
Second Mustang with a 34 yr gap.
shaneyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2015, 12:07 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you! Feels like I'm chasing a ghost, but it's a fast ghost... I'll post some pics tomorrow. If something happens to the ECU, I'm in trouble. Also need all this before I start forcing some air around...
Old 10-26-2015, 04:56 PM   #5

Region: Texas
Look up BRENSPEED They have a shop in texas with a Dyno, one of the top Mustang turners in the country, they could strap it down and tell ya just what your motor is doing and set your tuner so you know what you have, and show you your dyno numbers. Been there 4-5 times myself. Good luck
strangeshep43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:50 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
No way you are hitting those numbers N/a

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:59 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
No way you are hitting those numbers N/a

Note the phrase, "told by the dealer."

Pick your poison.
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:05 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Crappy dealer

Old 10-26-2015, 06:25 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Sorry to say it but you got taken advantage of

Old 10-27-2015, 10:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I somewhat agree. Yes, they won round one. I just wanted the car either way. I brought up the numbers because I have another contraption that is tried and true 1740 something hp. Home made mud truck? It doesn't really fit a category. It's fast, will take on 8'of water and mud leaving a wake. Have had to held my breath one time. Have a kill rope that seals intake and exhaust if it goes under. So if I pulled 4 plug wires... Thank you for the Texas info! I'll be checking them out. By law I win. I knew it when I signed. "I signed a contract which I fulfilled completely based on the information I RELIED on which was supplied and advertised to me by the dealership". Remember that. It's a neck breaker and I knew it. I, in good faith bought a 690rwhp Boss mustang. However, the car delivered to me is not the car I paid for. In addition I bought this on a spree and only questioned why only one single bank agreed to finance me. I didn't care at the time about any bank or interest rate. Only learned that today. The dealership submitted an interest rate of 19%. I've never paid a 1/4 that much. This bank by law contacted me and asked a bunch of questions about me my trade and the dealer. They started an investigation and cut my rate below 9%. This is just an initial adjustment. The other banks I have always been loyal to and have ongoing business with declined me based on the interest rate provided. I don't know what that will do to my credit. I decided to pay off the car in the next two weeks. Seems crazy til this one sentence. I'm married for 13 years, have 2 children (7,11). I've been with my wife since we were 12. I'm 37 now. Forgiveness, permission, run! Quick to sign. I've bought a new car from these guys every year since 04. The car has a deeper meaning to me, but that's private. Ok, now the dealer is in big trouble with the banks. They are also required to make my car a naturally aspirated 690 rwhp BOSS mustang and forced air is not allowed. I don't know what they have to do or how they will get it, but it must be all Ford engineered and dyno tested on pump gas. I was told to recite the quote I mentioned from someone I traced down who knew about the sale on my car before it came to Arkansas. I used that quote and had my lawyer (free... Dads best friend... Dad died 2 years ago) and it is going to happen. Has to be the boss block. Question is how are they going to do that without spending ten grand or more. Yes, I feel I struck gold. Plan to remove that motor and drivetrain to store when it's done. Going to try to find and fit a really beefy 5.2 from the first guy that totals his gt350 and start a new build off that with my son as cash flow permits. Could turn into a pipe dream on the second motor, but that's what I would like to do. Anyone have any real idea how ford will be able to accomplish this? No aftermarket parts in engine build, no forced air, no nitrous, and I don't see it happening. I don't think they are smart enough to do it. First week I had it I lost a rear caliper at 70, had to buy new tires, camber kit, and then a frickin battery! Runs great right now...

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 10-29-2015, 10:19 AM   #11
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Re-opened. The OP has been tracing this Mustang back to its roots (original purchase and owner(s)), and appears to be an interesting history on it. I hope he will post what he has located about it.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:07 AM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

It's not going to happen in my opinion.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:02 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I don't think he will
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:09 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

What happens when they don't reach the claimed number out of curiosity?

Old 10-29-2015, 12:25 PM   #15
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
we re-opened it but play nice. Lets see what happens without stirring the pot.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:35 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Not trying to..

Old 11-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I found all my proof. It was jacked of parts since dealer took possession. They charged me for the parts. I have one last guy to find before I go to court. Dealer knows I found it and banned me. They knew what they were doing. The car happens to be a prototype Boss from some major names in racing. I can't mention that yet. I am getting my ducks in a row. The car "was" 850 rwhp and extra quick change cog "was" 1256 at rear wheels. I will update as things progress.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:54 AM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Well this is getting mighty interesting

Old 11-06-2015, 11:58 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

En route to last man in puzzle an hour away. Then turning over to lawyer and finding Larry Crain in an impromptu meeting (forced). Not breaking the law. My family sold him one of our car dealerships long ago. He is an evil man and he knows who I am. I'm nothing special except like racing. I just have to beat one guy and he knows I won't ever quit. Lawyers, atty gen, prosecuting atty, 7 on your side, two page newspaper adds, signs on the road in front of the dealerships (all of them). That's just where I start. The idea is to cost him more in sales and legal defense 10x what it cost to fix my car back to what I paid for. I'll still sue over my credit, but that's free. My deceased fathers best friend is my pro bono attorney. I won't spend a dime. And I didn't ask him to. He insisted. Anyone with some legal knowledge I don't already know I would be great full to speak with. I'll provide a number and my proof. We all love these cars and I want to share it with you. Anyone willing to assist can drive this thing when put back. I don't know about you guys, but I never dreamed I'd have a 1256 rwhp car that is a one off prototype from some big name guys in racing. This is my mega millions jackpot 10x over! Sorry I came off the wrong way in the beginning. I was in a bad spot. I'm only telling you what I have proof of. Thanks guys!
Old 11-06-2015, 03:32 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Dang, that's awesome man.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:51 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Found the missing parts. On my last leads extremely hopped up new. Stang. Numbers matched. His dad let me look under the hood. Owner was away. Long trip with promising end. Can't get excited until I actually have it back.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:53 PM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

So did they strip it to stock and use it to build somebody else's?

Old 11-06-2015, 05:53 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, not all the way, but about 3/4 to stock, but I paid for the car as if I paid for the missing parts. And what I was sold was a near 700rwhp car. What I have is closer to 500. The main $9200 part is this f1a and it was way way over 700rwhp. They didn't know anything about the car. They have til Monday morning to reply. I told them we both know it will be cheaper to give me my parts because you will spend (off their record right now) more than the whole car in court. Not to mention what they did to my credit. Day 2 I had to overnight new tires and a camber kit. They had serviced the brakes and I don't know why, but I lost a caliper at 70mph and total brakes as the cylinder blew because they didn't screw in the bolts! Then I had to replace the dead battery. It was dead on showroom floor, I thought that wasn't out of ordinary at a dealership with people leaving stuff on and such. I rewired my qtp correctly. Anyone know why those fuses blow so easy? I've gone through entire car top to bottom. All I found is a water pump with a slightly brighter pattern and I polished the inside bevel of my magnafolw to see how quickly it turns black for extra fuel ratio confidence. My hands smelled like antifreeze after. Nothing in oil. No steam or smoke. No smell from exhaust. Puzzles me.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:37 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

The Dealer

Ok, been working hard on this. I never signed a purchase agreement and my finance contract is a forgery. Didn't know that until it came in the mail. They submitted insane interest rates to 11 banks I know of so far and finally got one to pick it up at 10.15% which ruined my credit and added 20k to life of the loan! I am trying to pay off in next couple weeks. That's a felony. They are also selling my truck for 10k more than they gave me! I contacted the FTC, BBB, Atty Gen, Prosecuting Atty, FBI, auto dealers licensing board, 2 US Attorneys, AR state police, and 4 attorneys. 7 on your side too. Got a newspaper add. You name it! I want my car put back together and I want my credit fixed. Loan too. I also found a guy on eBay that is making me a flush mount under mirror laser that puts a pony made of fire in the center, BOSS 302 at top and #1626 at bottom in blue. It puts the design on the ground when I unlock or open the door.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:52 AM   #25
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Need a Boss Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadDad View Post
Ok, been working hard on this. I never signed a purchase agreement and my finance contract is a forgery. Didn't know that until it came in the mail. They submitted insane interest rates to 11 banks I know of so far and finally got one to pick it up at 10.15% which ruined my credit and added 20k to life of the loan! I am trying to pay off in next couple weeks. That's a felony. They are also selling my truck for 10k more than they gave me! I contacted the FTC, BBB, Atty Gen, Prosecuting Atty, FBI, auto dealers licensing board, 2 US Attorneys, AR state police, and 4 attorneys. 7 on your side too. Got a newspaper add. You name it! I want my car put back together and I want my credit fixed. Loan too. I also found a guy on eBay that is making me a flush mount under mirror laser that puts a pony made of fire in the center, BOSS 302 at top and #1626 at bottom in blue. It puts the design on the ground when I unlock or open the door.

Not sure what they sell your trade in for is really any of your business. You agreed to the price they offered and if it's worth 10k more then I guess you should have worked on that trade in deal a bit more before you agreed to it.

I'm really confused on how you could have signed a contract with an interest rate and they can impose another.

Also, the "laser" you are having made...why? It's a boss. Its meant to be basic track necessities. This mod just seems like a really strange way to spend your time and efforts based on all the other stuff you have going on.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:21 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't sign any contracts. Not a purchase or a financial anything. I was rushing the sale for easier forgiveness than permission. They forged a financial agreement as I stated. As for my laser logo on the ground... I like it. And for the record of you know enough about lasers, with the correct power and wavelength blue laser, it can burn and cut. I think that's pretty cool if I can do it like branding.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 11-15-2015, 02:00 PM   #27
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Need a Boss Whisperer

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1447617036.402772.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	193625

Actually I say a lot of helpful things and nice things to people.

I don't think anything I have said to you has been out of bounds. Quite frankly I think most people are very lost and confused based on the things you say.

I don't feel the need to respond to you via private message because again, nothing I am saying or have said is wrong. You post up these super long, off the wall explanations that have no rhyme or reason to them. I'm just trying to make heads or tails of it and actually help you believe it or not.

You are focused on the wrong things. Why are you worried about what they sell your trade for? If they want to burn it to the ground that's their prerogative.

In the same breath you are explaining how you are bringing fire down upon these people and that you are having a laser dodad installed. Just seems strange. If I am you, and I have just been bamboozled with a car that's not what it was supposed to be, financing that's not what I agreed to ect, last thing in worried about is a puddle light.

You said before that the car was 700hp NA. But then you mention a blower.

I know for a fact I'm not the only one who reads your posts and wonders what in the world you are smoking.

So, from now on I will sit back and enjoy the show. Being the car god that I am. I won't comment on anything. I would really hate for anything in this thread to make sense.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:20 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Attachment 193625

I don't think anything I have said to you has been out of bounds. Quite frankly I think most people are very lost and confused based on the things you say.

I don't feel the need to respond to you via private message because again, nothing I am saying or have said is wrong. You post up these super long, off the wall explanations that have no rhyme or reason to them. I'm just trying to make heads or tails of it and actually help you believe it or not.

You are focused on the wrong things. Why are you worried about what they sell your trade for? If they want to burn it to the ground that's their prerogative.

In the same breath you are explaining how you are bringing fire down upon these people and that you are having a laser dodad installed. Just seems strange. If I am you, and I have just been bamboozled with a car that's not what it was supposed to be, financing that's not what I agreed to ect, last thing in worried about is a puddle light.

I know for a fact I'm not the only one who reads your posts and wonders what in the world you are smoking.

So, from now on I will sit back and enjoy the show. Being the car god that I am. I won't comment on anything. I would really hate for anything in this thread to make sense.
^ +1

I've also gotten a message regarding this thread.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:14 PM   #29
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
And this is why i will never buy a modified car from a dealership.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:59 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadDad View Post
Most dealers will do a quick delivery like this and you sign a contract stating it is contingent upon finance approval. This is common practice.

When you left you should have signed a purchase agreement, signed a trade agreement and signed a tentative finance agreement. You would not have been allowed to leave without these items.

As far as them selling your trade for $10k more that is well within their rights. Sounds like you should have tried a little harder to get more instead of leaving it for them.

The car was purchased as-is as most used cars are. If you were unsure of the history or modifications it was your duty to research and be satisfied before taking delivery. Unless you were given a signed form stating the exact modifications and HP I'd say you are just out of luck.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:08 AM   #31
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Attachment 193625

^ +2
2016 Premium Eco w/ PP - Roush Quarter Window Scoops, Side Scoops, Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Mesh Grilles; FP Strut Tower Brace; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Bushings; BMR Billet Delrin/Spherical Vertical Links; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; Mishimoto Intercooler/Aluminum Charge Pipes; Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV; Turbosmart IWG75 Wastegate (10 PSI); Mishimoto Coolant Tank; JLT Engine Cover; Mishimoto Downpipe with modded MBRP XP Catbacks for TRUE 3" exhaust from turbo to tips; Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Boss Mustang