13 Boss suspension upgrades? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Boss Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-01-2016, 09:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
13 Boss suspension upgrades?

To start this car will never be tracked. With that being said I want to lessen the wheel gap and improve handling.
I've first looked at the Eibach pro spring kit, caster bolts and a rear adjustable Panhard bar, then found the frpp M-FR3A-MGTAA kit. I'm starting to think that I may not need everything in the frpp kit.

I'm looking for an economical way to lower my car max an inch and keeping the slight rake it already has. It has its factory wheels and Michelin tires.

I did a search and not much came up for a boss specific application. Any thought and input would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Vicham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2016, 09:25 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Steeda sport drop keeps a tad of the rake, drops it 1" front and 1.25 rear. This is my car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1456888984.856015.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	296.9 KB
ID:	197752

That's with 19" wheels and 285 35 rear tires and 255 40 fronts staggered wheels much like your boss.

You won't find a "boss" specific lowering spring or kit because let's face it, it's a gt basically (I mean that respectfully, not taking anything away from a boss, but motor weight and handling characteristics are identical)
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't take offence. I'm lead to believe that the boss has a slightly upgraded suspension over a GT's I may be wrong. If that's the case then I wouldn't need a lot of the suspension components offered in the frpp kit unless I do a drastic drop.
I am assuming that because of the drop is over an inch camber bolts or plates will be needed?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2016, 09:57 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicham View Post
I didn't take offence. I'm lead to believe that the boss has a slightly upgraded suspension over a GT's I may be wrong. If that's the case then I wouldn't need a lot of the suspension components offered in the frpp kit unless I do a drastic drop.
I am assuming that because of the drop is over an inch camber bolts or plates will be needed?

You won't need camber bolts for a 1" drop
Old 03-01-2016, 10:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

BTW your stance looks really good and thanks for the tip on the springs.

I was looking at the steed springs, adj Panhard bar and phb brace along with the camber bolt. I don't think there's too much of a need to start changing shocks/struts, links and sway bars just yet.

How do you find the overall driveability over stock and any issues with speed bumps?
Old 03-01-2016, 10:43 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Thanks man.

I went Steeda crazy and I did it all at once; sport springs, Panhard bar, Panhard bar brace, adjustable UCA, UCA bracket, billet LCA, LCA relo brackets, X brace, g track bar, ultimate rear sway bar, front sway bar, caster camber plates.

Then I did the Koni yellow adjustable struts and shocks.

It handles like a dream. I love the car. Bumps aren't too bad, and speed bumps are not a problem as long as you slow down enough.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:35 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Ford Racing does make a lower spring for the Boss. The Boss and GT have several suspension differences......The Boss is a more balanced car on the track.....Heck that's what it was made for.......it's not just for looks. IMO......I've owned both.....
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 06:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
The boss specific springs are the m-5300-T but if you are not tracking the car you can get the m-5300- P(1"drop) or the m-5300-k(1.5" drop.) for about half the price. I track my boss and i went with the P springs and the FR3 handling pack. Just finished the install so i don't know how she has changed yet. I'm waiting for spring to take her to the alignment shop

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Jza1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
As stated you shouldn't need camber bolts for 1 in drop and stock camber setting. However if your going to install use Ford camber bolts. Much stronger than eibach. However they require upper strut bolt slot to be enlargened. If you get. FRRP kit it will come with bolts. If not I have a set. OBTW FRRP Springs and sway bars are made by eibach, but different rates.
Cobrakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:39 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
The struts, shocks, springs, and sway bars on the Boss are not the same as those on the GT. They are different. And the the Laguna Seca's suspension parts are not the same as the standard Boss.

The FRPP "T" springs are Boss specific. I think Steeda too makes a Boss specific spring. If you are not going to track your car, I would think the GT springs would be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > Boss Mustang