Mustang Evolution Forum banner

New to me 2013 boss302

11K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  alsboss302 
#1 ·
Been a member here forever ...got this girl a couple months ago and I thought I'd move over to the correct forum..my son has the new Edge now (lucky kid, lol). Needed to find an adequate replacement....This car is amazing!! power, handling, all awesome. 1st owner put the gt500 wheels and spoiler on, I like em. I've tinted windows, JLT oil separator, and shift ball. Saving for the MGW shifter, as the stock shifter seems to be the only real issue with this car. I went with the GHIG because it matches the 67 restomod pretty well. Anyhow, glad to be a in boss..

@fomoco4life

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#3 ·
Congrats on the new car man! Not a fan of the gt500 wheels and spoiler on the boss but still a great looking car. I would love those stripes on my gt/cs without the boss 302 decal of course. Only reason I haven’t done it is I feel people would think I was trying to impersonate a boss seeing how they are very recognizable stripes.

#7 ·
Thanks guys been wanting a coyote for a while now,but this Roadrunner is phenomenal.. red lines at 7400 and spins like a batouttahell..1 of 792 ghig 2013 bosses. Only 8K bosses made in 12-13,. Cars ready to shift @2000rpm (fuel efficiency), but has 5K more rpm ready to play with until redline, insanely fun car to drive. Track key is ready for the track, so hope to get there soon. Gonna be a good year :thumb:

#8 ·
Congratz! I love the matching green too. Is that a 68 coupe? Can't see all of it in that pic.

#9 ·
I love the Green and the wheels and spoiler just seem to go with the car...at least I think so. The reason I put the GT-500 wheels and rear spoiler on my ole 14 TrakPak. I also really love the Boss front spoiler...again, the reason I put it on my mine. I really never like the Boss rear spoiler or the wheels...I'm green with envy!

Attachments

#14 ·
Some Boss's have the same spoiler as the GT/CS. I used to think it was a Laguna Seca thing, and then found out later it wasn't. Found out you could order them that way.

#12 ·
may 25th, theres going to be an autocross at reminginton park in OKC. im thinking about going, maybe we should get other stangs out there? just a crazy go nuts thought
Yes, yes, and yes! I'm pleased with both spoiler and wheels, your car looks great! I am gonna change center caps tho, as the svt team wasn't involved at all with the boss as far as I know. Thinking of quarter and rear window louvers as well, since I liked them on the new edge, and original bosses had em. But currently have to do rotors/pads and MGW first. Yeah, she's already sucking more $$$ out if me, I believe I tinted it on day two, and this mini engine mod, I bought immediately as well..love this car!

Attachments

#17 ·
Thanks bud, I found this bad girl at a Subaru dealer, for S550 ecoboost $$$. Someone bought it in November for $38K and never made a payment. Dealer used the track key for the test drive, (they didn't even know what it was) and I was instantly in love. Only boss,and only green stang out of 500 that showed for SUTB 2018. Well there was one other one, can u spot it on my motor ?!?! :grin:

Attachments

#22 ·
Love your green Boss. never been a fan of green but the ghig is really sharp, very attractive and not gauty. I just purchased a red 2013 also with only 1195 miles a year ago yesterday. I have a little less than 5000 on it now. I would like to figure out how to get a picture of mine on here but I'm not that adept at that yet, anyone with how to directions? You're right, a ball to drive and it screams. Just got mine out today here in MI. Tough week or so with reimerging winter storms. I'm probably going to go with MGW shifter sometime also. I have a 1000,000 mi extended warranty from ford when I purchased it from them. The local dealer said there is a recall for a 2nd gear synchro tolerance issue, they are going to take care of that, change the trans fluid to BG synchroshift and put a new braided clutch line in place of the stock plastic one. Those are also a couple of things that supposedly help the shifting problems with Mt82. By the way a couple questions for you Boss guys. How do I remove the fog light delete plates without scratching the plastic plates and frame. I see a slot on bottom but don't know what tool to use without scratching them. What oil does everyone like? Mobil 1? Also, any good trick to get at the adjustment on the rear shocks? Small area to try and get at, especially with bifocals. I may also try to take it to a track day at a track near here to get a good feel for the car, and maybe the strip sometime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.