For sale - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #1

For sale

I'm thinking about selling my cobra it's a 98 with 130000 miles on it it runs great and has 3 in flowmasters header back just wondering what I could get for it it Alden has a new cobra r hood on it
98svtcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Re: For sale

N.A.D.A. Home Page
jbanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

NADA and KBB are two good resources to help determine value.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
NADA and KBB are two good resources to help determine value.
Yeah, and a lot of it is determined by where you live and what lenders in your area use. Keep in mind that whoever buys it will probably finance... so the banks are going to have a lot to say when it comes to what they will lend.

In my area, N.A.D.A. is like "law" for the lenders. They don't even acknowledge KBB here.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #5

Region: Alabama

do you have pics? where is alden?
jonboyc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Well it also depend on what shape its in. Its all about if someone wants it they will buy it. What are you thinking on a price. I have a 98 cobra and i would not let go for less than 10 grand een though i have a blower on it. I would add to that price. Id say no less than 6 grand on not knowing anything on the car or pics.
Richtq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:01 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

I just bought a 96 in excellent condition. It was a garage kept baby with only 39K miles on it. It was never driven in the rain and the owner drove an average of 1.5K miles per year. It had the following mods: upgraded 245 40ZR 17 tires mounted on upgraded 17 X 9 Ford chrome wheels (all 4 tires are excellent), Super Chip, Flowmaster H pipe w/3 chambers and stainless steel tips, B&M short throw shifter, K&N air filter system, Optimal Red Top battery (premium battery), Hawk performance brake pads. The original exhaust, shifter, 17 X 8 mag wheels with tires, air intake, and battery cover included with the purchase. He was asking 11,900 but had it for sale for 6 months with no sale. I purchased it for $10,800. Best the credit union would go and I have excellent credit was $8K for 3 years at 4.49%. NADA was $9435 but Bank goes by Fair Trade which was $7800. Sale was in PA. Like I said for the condition it was in I'm happy for what I paid. It's still a very soft economy, so not many people willing to park with almost $12K. You also have to look beyond the sales price to the cost to the purchaser. Even at $10,800 I had to pay 6% sales Tax, plus about $125 to transfer the title and get new plates and registration. Plus must fully insure because the bank has a lien on it. Hopefully this will give you an idea of going rate. At the same time I looked at a similarly equipped Saleen SC81 on E-bay with 29K miles it was a 2002. He got $12,500 for it. Spiney
Spiney is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang