Need some help please - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-30-2011, 02:57 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Need some help please

Hello all mustang lovers as i myself love them too. I have a 04 svt cobra convertible with a almost new t56 tranny , with steel flywheel, centerforce dual friction cluth and and mgw short shifter after a week driving it i hear this noise coming out of the transmission compartment it sounds kinda like a bearing in full motion when the gears its engage in 5th and 6th gear and in neautral too when im on the freewY ..i was doing some research could this be the throwout bearing or its just the regular soumd of the after market shifter(cuz i noticed they ripped the boot thing) any help would be apreciated ...thank u
Elcobrachingom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Throwout bearings are easy and cheap to do your self. Have the car jacked up so the rear wheels are off the ground and where u can crawl under it. Use jack stands or a lift if you can get to one. But on the driverside there is a cover on the bottom side that covers up the shift fork. Remove that and have the car running and shine a light in side the hole and if the throwout bearing is bad it will move rapidly back and forth if it doesn't do that have some one press the clutch and watch for the movement of the bearing. Mine made the same noise as yours and mine was moving all over the input shaft. Don't buy one from a local parts store order one from a clutch company they'll last a lot longer. And u can change it in the driveway once u pull the tranny back enough. Good luck
1999 Cobra black with medium parchment interiorJLT CAI, RWR motorsports tune, Pacesetter Longtubes, o/r xpipe w/cutouts, Flowmaster Super 44s, built t56, Kevlar clutch, Nitto NT05R, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, MMR 900 rotating assembly, vortech v3 si, twin aeromotive 340s, aeroquip lines, 80lbs injectors
Black99Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

So it is a bad throwout bearing thats wht i was trying to figure out because i went back to the dealer and they couldnd do anything because my car was lowered and they said the noise was because of the driveline that wasnt adjust it(thast where u respond it apreciated) and it was going to void my warranty on the traannny..so i took it to the driveline shop and they said everything was good the drive shaft was balance and everything they just fixed a u-joint that was bad and a 26 spline that was it...and the noise was stilll there...so i took it back again and said i have to put it to the original height for them to figure out what it is so they can put the driveline to original specs (what would u subjest)....but i dont want to cuz its gonna cost another good buck..so that why i did some research ...and i hope its the throwout bearing ...im gonna give it a shot ..hope illdo good hahha thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

They are full of **** at the dealer lowering the car has nothin to do wit the way the tranny, driveshaft, or the differential sits. If the car is still under a warranty or if the tranny is make them fix it. They give excuses y not to warranty stuff. Take it to another Ford dealer and see what they say. But don't take no for a answrt. I had a brand new silverado once and put a tv in it and it voided the warranty to fix a leaking window so that just shows you how dealers are. But a throw out bearing is like $10-25
1999 Cobra black with medium parchment interiorJLT CAI, RWR motorsports tune, Pacesetter Longtubes, o/r xpipe w/cutouts, Flowmaster Super 44s, built t56, Kevlar clutch, Nitto NT05R, Ford Racing 4.10 gears, MMR 900 rotating assembly, vortech v3 si, twin aeromotive 340s, aeroquip lines, 80lbs injectors
Old 08-30-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I know they re full od **** man they always trying to screw you over ..yeah the tranny has a 3year warranty on it . Im gomna take ur advise and take it to the dealer so they can fix it ..thats whT i dont get its a new tranny why they didnt put a new throwout beAring how does that work?
Old 08-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

They prolly used a cheap bearing like I did before I replaced mine and it lasted all of a few hours. Dealers don't always use their own parts either. Good luck if not order one yourself n do it n the driveway
Old 08-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah....damm ford dealers o welll love my car ..if it comes to that i would defenetly do it myself get some experience out of it....thank u very much for ur help
Old 09-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Well any luck at the dealer
Old 09-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah i talk one of the service guy he is pretty cool i explain everything that it has ,and all the aftermarket stuff ..he was cool about so im gonna take it in,on thursday so they can fix it...at no extra charge ..see how that goes...illl be posting thanks for asking
Old 09-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Send a message via Yahoo to drusmith
Re: Need some help please

I had that same noise! What size input shaft do you have? I ripped through 2 throughout bearings before they found out the input shaft was bent slightly. If your going in there to fix the bearing, switch everything to accommodate the 26 spline input shaft!

I now have that plus a full street/strip D&D tranny.
drusmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Drusmith-hey man apreciate ur help...i think it has the stock drive shaft ..am taking the car in tomorrow so ill tell the mechanic to check it...cuz when i took it to the driveline shop they checked everything only bad thing was a bad u-joint.. And a 26 spline
The shaft wAs good it wasnt off-balance or anything so its hard to tell, i was thinking that it could be the aftermarket shortrow shifter .but then again this shifter was on the old tranny and didnt make as much noise as on the new tranny...
Old 09-07-2011, 08:07 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcobrachingom View Post
Drusmith-hey man apreciate ur help...i think it has the stock drive shaft ..am taking the car in tomorrow so ill tell the mechanic to check it...cuz when i took it to the driveline shop they checked everything only bad thing was a bad u-joint.. And a 26 spline
The shaft wAs good it wasnt off-balance or anything so its hard to tell, i was thinking that it could be the aftermarket shortrow shifter .but then again this shifter was on the old tranny and didnt make as much noise as on the new tranny...
Let me know what they find out! It would be so worth it to put the 26 spline input shaft in regardless. What are the mods done to your car?
Old 09-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah i bet but times right now are tought so if its still good im juast gonna leave it alone but if it isn't defenately changing it to that..yeah ill let you know what was wrong with it..hopefully nothing major...MODS -not many SLP exaust loudmouth, mgw shorthrow, jlt Cai, and got dropped thats bout it ,not too many mods to it but i love it...hppefully soon i can do more to it..how bout yours its the red vert right ..its nice
Old 09-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Problem fixed..the angles of the drive line need it to be adjust it to the same height as i lowered the car so because of the misbalance was stressimg out the gears .and it was wearing them prematurely ...THAMK YOU EVERYONE THAT REPLY TO MY POST APREXIATED
Old 09-14-2011, 09:08 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Good deal!
Old 11-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Good deal and good luck, put some picture of u car
2003CobraSvt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT || Tech and Talk > SVT Mustang